Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 10.07.2008, 10:47   #6 (permalink)
vvk

Из: Петербург

You should spend no more than 40 minutes on this task and write at least 250 words.
Most young people fell alone on the first day when they enter the university. What do you think should the university to do to help them?
--------------
It can be said that entering the university is alike starting new life. Often it is the first time when a youth is on his\her own, far away from home, parents and friends. So, it is well understandable that many people feel lost and frustrated at these circumstances. In this essay I will try to offer a couple of steps the university management can undertake to make adaptation process go easier.

First of all, it would be nice to organize a festival on the first day of term. It can look like some large party when students of all years assemble in one place in order to hear greetings from the university head, some news about student life and may be listen to some home-grown musical bands. Basing on my own experience, I can say that this is very exhilarating not only for first years but for older students too. The very spirit of the university materializes usually at such events.

Then it is very important to organize several local meetings on the faculty. It is needed not only to provide new students with required information on faculty rules, traditions and customs but also in order to let first years get acquainted with each other in more informal atmosphere than at lectures and seminars.

And last, but not least, the curriculum and schedule of classes should be built in such a way the students have no time to be idle and bored. However, the tutors should be more tolerate to students' faults at the beginning of study in order not to make the adaptation period too hard.

In conclusion, I would like to say that despite of hard adaptation process, the years of studying at the University are usually the happiest years of anyone's life. And I wish all the future generations of students enjoy this time as well as their predecessors did.
--------------
~ 313 words, 38 minutes

Как вы думаете, покатит на 6ку?
vvk вне форума   Ответить с цитированием