• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Elections&SMP

Как вы думаете кто из них прав?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spurious
    My instinct is that there won't be a massive delay on SMPs no matter who forms the next government. One of the first things a Minister in any position will do is be briefed by the apolitical staff that do the work regardless of who's in charge (i.e. the Australian equivalent of the Civil Service). The briefing will surely make it clear to the Minister that SMPs, although originally a concept invented by the Labour Party, is something that has been already drafted, agreed to and signed off on by each state government and the DIAC.

You'd better believe that the States will be hammering on the door of the Immigration Minister from day one, given that their ability to identify applicants that could meet the ongoing shortages in skills in each part of Australia and see them migrate quicker than others to meet those shortages, is currently being cut off at the knee.

I don't think that the allowance of applicants to state-specific areas of Australia based on comprehensively researched economic need is contrary to the position of either main party, so I'd expect to see it ushered through within the first month or two, max.

Hi Spurious

DIAC have said that in the event of a change of Government, they don't think that the SMPs would be published before 2011.

DIAC seem to me to be relying on a possibly optimistic idea that a new Minister for Immi would agree to the SMP concept at all?

Cheers

Gill
    TRA assessment successful - 03.04.2009
    Application lodged in ASPC on-line - 10.04.2009
    Case officer assigned - 19.05.2011
    Grant received - 27.06.2011
Working...
X