Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Данная тема создана для удобства тех, кто хочет получить комментарии и поправки к своим пробным эссе.
    Предлагаю здесь размещать свои эссе и письма

Удачи!
    греюсь в Бри после Канберры :)

Буду первый со своим первым эссе.
    Тяжело было выдавливать из себя мысли, т.к. даже в школе сочинения никогда сам не писал..
    немного в лингво подсматривал (совсем немного) ну и шаблоны..

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Many people are talking about that parents are the best teachers for their children. Some people think that it is the best way to get good education for their kids. However, other people think that parents cannot know everything that the children have to learn in childhood. This is not easy question to answer but in this essay I will try to look at this issue.
    First of all, the most of people who have kids have lived enough time to distinguish good and bad things in the life. Parents are able to teach and show their children how live in our difficult world.
    Second of all, usually they are only one who may be a teacher for their children when they are young. Before kids go to kindergarten they are learning from their parents. They memorize everything of what people around them doing. Also, kids learn by heart men’s words, sounds and behavior. For example, I did not go to kindergarten, so I was at home up to six years. My only and, of course, the best teachers were my parents. From them I found out how to speak, how to behave myself at society, etcetera.
    Unfortunally, people cannot know everything. I guess for this reason each child should goes to school, because not every parent is able to know subject as chemistry or biology.
    As we can see, there are many aspects to this question. I think that parents may be the best teachers for their kids not only when children are very young but also when they go to school.

Comment

Искал сегодня сабж для тренировки и решил написать на ту же тему (ессе AndrewEA перед написанием своего собственного не читал)
      ---------------------
      Education is very important nowadays when the world experiences the boom of knowledge-based economy. Different countries have diverse approaches to developing education system; each has its weak and strong sides. However, many people go beyond the usual state-founded tuition in their wish to provide their children with the best education possible. They believe they are the best teachers for their children themselves and therefore able to teach their children at home.

On one hand, supporters of this point of view are right in the asserting that they know their children better than anybody else as they have been interacting with them the whole life and therefore know in which ways their offsprings accept information better. Besides, we are successful people, they say, and we know how to foster our sons and daughters in such a way they will be able to achieve our success and even overcome it.

On the other hand, there is always a threat that these self-confident parents underestimate all the difficulties of teaching on the way to the good, versatile education. Looking back at the times they were pupils they can easily overlook small bricks of knowledge seeming unimportant now but nevertheless crucial. If a man or a woman is a lawyer, for instance, he or she can neglect importance of, let's say, Biology. However, their child can have no longing for jurisprudence but have ability to become a famous Biologist. It is very important to have all the doors open at the very beginning!

In conclusion, I would like to express my own opinion. Honestly speaking, I am personally not ready to bear the full burden of my children's education. However, at the same time I am sure my explanations in Mathematics or Physics will be very useful for my kids and therefore I am trying to keep and renew the knowledge of that disciplines I still posses since my graduating. So, I believe the rule of the gold middle is applicable here as well as in many others cases.

-----
      37 minutes, ~335 word
      http://druz_germanik.livejournal.com/

Comment

Сообщение от AndrewEA
        Тяжело было выдавливать из себя мысли, т.к. даже в школе сочинения никогда сам не писал..

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Many people (are talking about that ) say parents are the best teachers for their children. Some people think that it is the best way to get good education for their kids. However, other people think that parents cannot know everything that the children have to learn in childhood. This is not easy question to answer but in this essay I will try to look at this issue.
        First of all, the most of people who have kids have lived enough time to distinguish good and bad things in the life. Parents are able to teach and show their children how to live in our difficult world.
        (Second of all) Secondly, (usually) they usually are only ones who may be (a) teachers for their children when they are young. Before kids go to kindergarten they are learning from their parents. They memorize everything (of what ) people around them (doing) do. Also, kids learn by heart men’s (only men? это не политкорректно) words, sounds and behavior. For example, I did not go to kindergarten, so I was at home up to six years. My only and, of course, the best teachers were my parents. From them I found out how to speak, how to behave (myself не надо) at society, etcetera.
        Unfortunally, people cannot know everything. I guess for this reason each child should goes to school, because not every parent is able to know subject as chemistry or biology.
        As we can see, there are many aspects to this question. I think that parents may be the best teachers for their kids not only when children are very young but also when they go to school.
        Еще нехватает пустых строчек между параграфами -- они как я понимаю нужны. Заключение получилось несколько расплывчатое на мой взгляд. Вобщем, я думаю на 5ку написано.

Хотя все, как всегда, "имхейшее имхо" ((с) by sas7) . Более того, я совсем не спец в грамматике - это не самая сильная сторона моего английского.

Comment

На мой взгляд эссе плохо струкурировано. Идеи должны быть раскрыты одинаково (хотя-бы по объему). А тут некая диспропорция
          Don't give in without a fight (c) Pink Floyd

Comment

You should spend no more than 40 minutes on this task and write at least 250 words.
            Most young people fell alone on the first day when they enter the university. What do you think should the university to do to help them?
            --------------
            It can be said that entering the university is alike starting new life. Often it is the first time when a youth is on his\her own, far away from home, parents and friends. So, it is well understandable that many people feel lost and frustrated at these circumstances. In this essay I will try to offer a couple of steps the university management can undertake to make adaptation process go easier.

First of all, it would be nice to organize a festival on the first day of term. It can look like some large party when students of all years assemble in one place in order to hear greetings from the university head, some news about student life and may be listen to some home-grown musical bands. Basing on my own experience, I can say that this is very exhilarating not only for first years but for older students too. The very spirit of the university materializes usually at such events.

Then it is very important to organize several local meetings on the faculty. It is needed not only to provide new students with required information on faculty rules, traditions and customs but also in order to let first years get acquainted with each other in more informal atmosphere than at lectures and seminars.

And last, but not least, the curriculum and schedule of classes should be built in such a way the students have no time to be idle and bored. However, the tutors should be more tolerate to students' faults at the beginning of study in order not to make the adaptation period too hard.

In conclusion, I would like to say that despite of hard adaptation process, the years of studying at the University are usually the happiest years of anyone's life. And I wish all the future generations of students enjoy this time as well as their predecessors did.
            --------------
            ~ 313 words, 38 minutes

Как вы думаете, покатит на 6ку?

Comment

Покрититикуйте, пожалуйста, и мое эссэ:

Some people think that a sence of competition in children should be encouraged.
              Other believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Teaching children using correct ways is very important for their future lifes.
              Some parents and teachers think that it is more important to show kids how to fight for their
              place in the life. Another opinion is that the most important skill is to be able to work together
              with other people. Let's discuss these two views.

A competition makes people to work harder to achieve their goals.
              If there is limited number of places in university, only the best students will get those places.
              For example, you can only get into some universities if your GPA score is not less than 3.5
              from 4.0. So, competition is a good thing when it is used for good reasons.

Cooperating is nessecary for people in some situations. When you need to do some comlicated
              job fast, it is important to have a good command of skilled people, who used to do that kind
              of job together. For example, to develope a big software project, you need to have a group of
              developers with good professional and team players skills. Teaching children to be a part of the team
              gives them skills for their future works.

It is very important for children to become team players. It is also important for them to be
              able to win. So, both of those skills are important in different situations. I think that
              to be part of the team is more important than competition skills, because you need to work
              with other people more often than to compete with them, unless you are a professional sportsman.

261 слово.

Comment

Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible on developing or buying computer technology. Other people disagree and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs. Which one of these opinions do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

This question from my point of view is controversial one. Because one part of people thinks that their society and country are needed in new computer technology. Another part of people thinks that there are more important things. In the following paragraphs I will try to analyze both of these views and will present my point of view.

The first thing that should be noted is that countries are needed in new technologies. Computers are everywhere in our life. It must be every time new and be in conformity with world standards. So without new developing it fast become obsolete.

Secondly, it is well-known fact that computer technology makes our life easy. For example, in last few years in shops, subways, cafes and other public places appeared pay terminals which may be used for payment fees or bills. So now people should not go to banks or other pay centers and spend their time for staying in queue.

In addition to this information should also be stressed that governments cannot spend all budget money only for one option. Governments should assign only one part of money to developing or buying new computer technology. If government has got only fast computers, program codes and information it will be not enough to build new houses, schools, hospitals, etcetera for their citizens.

Taking all this points of views into consideration I would say that new computer technology makes big contribution to our world. So I think that governments should spend some part of budget money on developing and buying computer technologies but only some not as much as they can.

+++
                267 слов. убито около часа времени.

Comment

Check my essay, please

Some businesses now say that no one can smoke cigarettes in any of their offices. Some governments have banned smoking in all public places. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.

It is well known fact, that millions of people die every year from lung cancer as a result of smoking. So many countries prohibit smoking in public places. In particular, companies don’t allow smoking in their offices. However some people think it disturb their individual freedom and selection. In this essay I will consider some of the arguments for and against banning of tobacco.

There are several important causes of limitation of tobacco. First of all, people who don’t smoke, suffer from fume and smell in their offices and public places like restaurants, bars and cafe. The scientists are sure that passive smoking is harmful for our health at the same value. Secondly, smoking has to be banned in public places like kindergartens, school s and universities. Undoubtedly, children and young people don’t have to see how adults smoke cigarettes because they always learn and get experience from them. A third point is that authority should forbid smoking in hotels because is not safe for the clients. There are many evidences of fires in hotels because someone forgets to put out a cigarette. In summary all these arguments demonstrate necessary of banning of smoking.

However, some people believe that prohibiting of smoking is not right decision. Most smokers like to say it is our selection and nobody can disturb our freedom. We can’t accuse them because tobacco was imported in Europe and for many years smoking is tradition and style of living of successful people. Furthermore, banning in cafй and restraints can impact on amount of clients. Therefore the better idea is to have two areas for smokers and nonsmokers.

In conclusion, banning smoking is necessary measure for health of nation. In my opinion we have to prohibit advertisement of tobacco on mass media and parents have to explain damage of tobacco to their children. We all are responsible for future of our generations.
                  MODL ASCO Code - 2231-79(C# программист)
                  IELTS L6.0 R4.0 W5.5 S6.0 over 5.5 (23 January 2010)
                  IELTS L5.5 R6.0 W6.5 S7.0 over 6.5 (17 April 2010)
                  IELTS L6.5 R6.5 W6.0 S6.5 over 6.5 (17 July 2010) Ура!!!!!

Comment

Re: Check my essay, please

Сообщение от Alexander Usov
                    Some businesses now say that no one can smoke cigarettes in any of their offices. Some governments have banned smoking in all public places. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.
                    Привет!

Я сам как раз в процессе подготовки, поэтому могу быть очень субъективен в оценке и необходимых исправлениях.

Часто повторяется "banning" и "public places". Понятно, что взято из вопроса, но, м.б., заменять на синонимы?

Несколько моментов по словарю:
                    Табачный дым как раз smoke.
                    "...disturb their individual freedom and selection" - disturb(S), selection... ммм.... м.б. "restrict", "choice"?
                    "at the same value" - м.б. value -> extent ? Я, когда слова не хватает, или не уверен в построенной фразе или грамматике, сразу ищу "обходные пути"
                    "...they always learn and get experience from them." - "Кто на чем стоял?"
                    authority ->authorities
                    "because (it) is not safe for clients" - по-моему, пропущено местоимение?
                    "In summary all these arguments demonstrate necessary(necessity) of banning of smoking." - ?
                    "it is our(their) selection(choice)" - ?
                    "nonsmokers(non-smokers)" - ?
                    "damage(harm) of tobacco" - ?

По оценке: очень большое имхо - не больше 6.

PS: комментарии очень субъективны, т.к. сам в процессе подготовки...

Comment

Сообщение от vvk
                      You should spend no more than 40 minutes on this task and write at least 250 words.
                      Most young people fell alone on the first day when they enter the university. What do you think should the university to do to help them?
                      --------------

Думаю, что Вы скромничаете. 6-ка тут точно есть. Мне кажется, что минимум 7.

Comment

Сообщение от lx
                        Сообщение от vvk
                        --------------

Думаю, что Вы скромничаете. 6-ка тут точно есть. Мне кажется, что минимум 7.
                        Спасибо!

Сдавал тут 26го июля в Питере, написал вроде бы не хуже чем здесь -- посмотрим что поставят

Comment

Re: Check my essay, please

Сообщение от lx
                          Сообщение от Alexander Usov
                          Привет!

Я сам как раз в процессе подготовки, поэтому могу быть очень субъективен в оценке и необходимых исправлениях.

Часто повторяется "banning" и "public places". Понятно, что взято из вопроса, но, м.б., заменять на синонимы?

Несколько моментов по словарю:
                          Табачный дым как раз smoke.
                          "...disturb their individual freedom and selection" - disturb(S), selection... ммм.... м.б. "restrict", "choice"?
                          "at the same value" - м.б. value -> extent ? Я, когда слова не хватает, или не уверен в построенной фразе или грамматике, сразу ищу "обходные пути"
                          "...they always learn and get experience from them." - "Кто на чем стоял?"
                          authority ->authorities
                          "because (it) is not safe for clients" - по-моему, пропущено местоимение?
                          "In summary all these arguments demonstrate necessary(necessity) of banning of smoking." - ?
                          "it is our(their) selection(choice)" - ?
                          "nonsmokers(non-smokers)" - ?
                          "damage(harm) of tobacco" - ?

По оценке: очень большое имхо - не больше 6.

PS: комментарии очень субъективны, т.к. сам в процессе подготовки...
                          Добрый день!
                          Большое спасибо за исправления.

Пара вопросов кто знает. Я проверял в Лингво помоему можно и тот и другой вариант использовать.

nonsmokers(non-smokers)
                          damage(harm) of tobacco
                          well known(well-known)

Comment

Буду благодарен всем кто сможет проверить мое эссе.

Do the benefits of study abroad justify the difficulties? What advice would you offer to a prospective student?

Today, many young people can get higher education in foreign country. No doubt, global thinking and knowledge other culture are big advantages. At the same time, you have to live separately from your family and friends. This essay will discuss some arguments for and against getting education abroad.

There are several good points about getting education abroad in contrast with domestic one. First of all, people have to study new language and culture. As a result they can compare their own culture with foreign one and think more globally. The second point is that people get better standards of teaching abroad than in their own country. For instance, there are many Asian students which go in Australia to get tertiary education. Before enroll at a university they usually pass IELTS exam. Finally, after several year of studying young people make friends. So they can share their time together and have interesting and fun life.

On the other hand, there several disadvantages of getting degree abroad. The main bad point is that students have to live there without parents, relatives and old friends. Therefore man can feel loneliness and nostalgia. The next point is that tuition fee is usually more expensive than it at home. Moreover, young people have to find accommodation to live in and will have to pay for it during their education.

To sum up, I sincere believe that we have to extent the opportunities for our children to get education abroad. But parents don’t have to forget about issues there and have to support them. I’m sure exchange of knowledge and cultures is progress for our civilization.

Comment

Думаю "There are several good points about getting education abroad in contrast with domestic one." следует переместить во вступление. В первом эссе тоже самое. Т.к. именно в первом параграфе должна описываться суть проблемы и то что вы собираетесь писать ниже.

Comment

Working...
                              X