Иммиграция, обучение и жизнь в австралии

Оценка шансов Объявления ASPC-timeline Дневники Проекты Реклама Вакансии

Ответ

LinkBack Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 04.02.2006, 22:36   #101 (permalink)

Из: Melbourne

Цитата:
I lied myself ... thinking of my writing English. Certainly, I have to learn (to study) English much harder to passed (to pass, Infinitive verb form) IELTS.
Well, actually learn is more correct. You can use study when you speak about college, course, universuty studying. For instance, I studied English at the University two years ago.
Цитата:
Certainly, I have to learn English much harder.
You shouldn't make learning English harder. You need to work at it harder. (Guys, I don't know whether it sounds good: to work at/on your English)
Цитата:
What did you mean – ‘standing in line … and awaiting (for) my turn’?
You do not need to put for.
Цитата:
because they had desired (maybe you mean "they decided"? don't think that was their desire... ) that your work experience had not ("is" not "had") suitable for immigration purposes.
You forgot about sequence of tenses. They decided that you work experience was not suitable for immigration purposes.
Цитата:
I didn't mean to hurt you with such quantity of mistakes, just want to say you'd better have individual training in English, IMHO
I didn't want to hurt you by correcting so many mistakes. I just want to say that you need to pay more attention to your English.
Chyslyvchyk вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05.02.2006, 16:35   #102 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: с пляжа

Цитата:
Сообщение от Chyslyvchyk
Цитата:
because they had desired (maybe you mean "they decided"? don't think that was their desire... ) that your work experience had not ("is" not "had") suitable for immigration purposes.
You forgot about sequence of tenses. They decided that you work experience was not suitable for immigration purposes.
oops
Цитата:
Сообщение от Chyslyvchyk
Цитата:
I didn't mean to hurt you with such quantity of mistakes, just want to say you'd better have individual training in English, IMHO
I didn't want to hurt you by correcting so many mistakes. I just want to say that you need to pay more attention to your English.
I'm sure that "mean to hurt" is more closer to native speech... any way thanks for correcting me

By the way, those who are eager to migrate, have you ever think of coming back to home country or maybe another one?? I mean in some distance future.. or do you believe that you'll stay there for the rest of your life for sure??
Sydney girl вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 06.02.2006, 06:25   #103 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Chyslyvchyk
Цитата:
Certainly, I have to learn English much harder.
You shouldn't make learning English harder. You need to work at it harder.
I consulted with an English teacher and she said that 'to learn English harder' sounded strange, but seemed ok.
Цитата:
Сообщение от Sydney girl
Цитата:
Сообщение от Chyslyvchyk
Цитата:
I'm sure that "mean to hurt" is more closer to native speech...
Sorry, you are right. But something seemed wrong to me... I discussed this with my English teacher and she said that we need to combine our sentences into I didn't mean to hurt by correcting so many mistakes.
Старый 06.02.2006, 21:33   #104 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: Russia, ХМАО

2ALL

Hello everybody. Yestirday evening I spent about 1 hour to wrote this esse. Would anybody check it and correct my mistakes?
Tanks to all.

Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant’s past criminal records. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.
Some lawyers have suggested tat this practice should be changed and that a jury should be given all the past facts before they reach their decision about the case.
Do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer.

A jury plays a very important role in each criminal case. They consider and decide just one question – ‘guilty or not guilty’. What information do they need to take this decision? Have a jury right to know the history of previous delictes or not? Discussions are beginning here.
As you know one of the point of opinion to this question consists in prohibit to survey offender’s history. This is also known as official one. Cause of this opinion has a serious base. Every offender has a right to defend and they all have no differences in face of the law. Also this point of view follow the rule that every offender had already punished once and after that it cannot be punish again. This point of view also is known as defender’s one.
From the other side, some lawyers have another opinion. Every man who makes a crime obviously understands what he does. Each other crime was no made without serious reasons inasmuch as offender was punished once and he must realize circumstances. As he made another crime, as they must be punish more seriously.
In my opinion, every crime has some common characteristics. These are like as the aim of crime, the method of crime and many others. Otherwise, every crime has one important difference from each other that consists in one question only – ‘who is guilty?’
Every crime had made by different offenders. Sometimes it can be a young poor man who just needed money to survive. From the other side it can be a man who does not want to do anything else beside crimes, for instance – a professional thief. If jury has no access to the history of his previous crimes and delicts, he can remain unpunished. I do not think that anybody wants to meet with him in a dark place. Therefore, I think, jury must surveys all of the offender’s life and after that only takes a decision – guilty or not guilty.
Старый 07.02.2006, 05:42   #105 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: from Ru -> to Australia

2 ALL
Does anybody can help me to correct my mistakes and assess the text below as suitable for IELTS or not?
Thanks a lot.
------------------------------------
Some employers reward members of staff for their contribution to the company by giving them extra money. This practice can act as an incentive for some but may also negative impact on others.
To what extent is this style of management effective?
Are the better ways of encouraging employers to work hard?
Each employer wishes to obtain a great result of his personnel’s work. Solving this problem, some of them take a different ways to do so. For this purposes most of them use incentives to reward personnel.
Generally, most employers have a whole system of incentives on their companies. If members of staff work harder than they have more encouragements. If not than they have nothing beside their salary that they always get. Of cause, using this system of incentives, employers can increase company’s productivity at all. From the other side they can decrease it, because some workers, who have no relative system of incentives, like a babysitter or the same ones, use the time-pay system of salary without certain results. Therefore, this method looks good and available for certain category of workers only. For instance, these are sellers, managers, trade persons, and each worker who can obtain a well-defined result of his job within a day.
Other system that may increase company’s productivity consists in opposite methods. It can be named such as ‘the system of punishes’. What is it? As I told, not every member of company’s staff has a relative system of incentives consisting in payments of money prizes for well-defined result. Let’s survey a babysitter’s job. Babysitter must look after a child within all day and when the day will finished, there are no additional result will make. A little baby only. Babysitter can not make more babies during the work day and his or her work must assessed, for instance, by baby’s mood. If a baby is happy than it is a good work, otherwise it’s a bad work. So this babysitter must be punished. This system is very effective also.
In my opinion, company’s managers have to consider both systems before planning future activity and decide which of these systems are more suitable for their purposes. I think no one can obviously say that one system is better than another one at all. Therefore, employers must be very accurate making their choice.
Good Boy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 07.02.2006, 10:40   #106 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: Мельбурн

Цитата:
Сообщение от Wanted
2ALL

Hello everybody. Yestirday evening I spent about 1 hour to wrote this esse. Would anybody check it and correct my mistakes?
Tanks to all.

Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant’s past criminal records. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.
Some lawyers have suggested tat this practice should be changed and that a jury should be given all the past facts before they reach their decision about the case.
Do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer.

A jury plays a very important role in each criminal case[OK]. They consider and decide just one question – ‘guilty or not guilty’ [‘and decide’ is not needed here]. What information do they need to take[make] this decision?. Have a jury right to know the history of previous delictes or not? [Does a jury have a right…] Discussions are beginning here [grammar is OK, but why do you use plural here?].
As you know one of the point of opinion to this question consists in prohibit to survey offender’s history [use either ‘point of view’ or just opinion; ‘consists’ is plain wrong here]. This is also known as official one [grammar is OK, but it sounds awkward]. Cause of this opinion has a serious base [The cause, ‘serious base’ makes no sense here]. Every offender has a right to defend and they all have no differences in face of the law [to defend whom?, ‘they all’ is plural, do not mix singulars and plurals]. Also this point of view follow[s] the rule that every offender had already [been] punished once and after that it cannot be punish[ed] again. This point of view also is known as defender’s one [grammar is OK, but I did not get it].
From the other side [on the other hand], some lawyers have another [a different] opinion. Every man who makes a crime obviously understands what he does. Each other crime was no made without serious reasons inasmuch as offender was punished once and he must realize circumstances [the whole sentence makes no sense to me]. As he made another crime, as they [who are they?] must be punish[ed?] more seriously.
In my opinion, every crime has some common characteristics. These are like as [remove ‘like as’] the aim of crime, the method of crime and many others. Otherwise, every crime has one important difference from each other that consists in one question only – ‘who is guilty?’
Every crime had [is?] made [‘had made’ is Past Perfect and normally is not used in simple sentences] by different offenders. Sometimes it can be a young poor man who just needed money to survive. From the other side it can be a man who does not want to do anything else [delete ‘else’] beside crimes, for instance – a professional thief. If jury has no access to the history of his previous crimes and delicts, he can remain unpunished. I do not think that anybody wants to meet with [no with here] him in a dark place. Therefore, I think, [a] jury must surveys all of the offender’s life and after that only takes a [make/reach their] decision – guilty or not guilty.
Сколько за это дадут на экзамене не знаю - субъективно, мне кажется 4-5-6 баллов. Ошибок в спеллинге нет, грамматика более или менее верна. Наиболее слабая часть - смысловое наполнение. Некоторые предложения не очень понятны даже мне - русскому. Англичанам будет еще труднее.

Если есть конкретные вопросы, спрашивайте...
hukilai вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 07.02.2006, 11:27   #107 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от Good Boy
2 ALL
Does anybody can help me to correct my mistakes and assess the text below as suitable for IELTS or not?
Thanks a lot.
Some employers reward members of staff for their contribution to the company by giving them extra money. This practice can act as an incentive for some but may also negative impact on others.
To what extent is this style of management effective?
Are the better ways of encouraging employers to work hard?
Each employer wishes to obtain a great result of his personnel’s work. [Solving -> To solve] this problem, some of them take a different [ways -> approaches] to do so. [‘For this purposes’ – is not needed] most of them use incentives to reward personnel.
[Generally -> In general], [most] employers have a [whole] system of incentives on their companies. If members of staff work harder[,] than they have more encouragements. If not[,] than they have nothing beside[s] their salary that they always get. Of [cause -> course], using this system of incentives, employers can increase company’s productivity [at all]. From the other side [On the other hand,] they can decrease it [who can decrease what?], because some workers, who have no relative system of incentives [‘relative system of incentives’ is meaningless], like a babysitter or the [same ones - what is that?], use the time-pay system of salary without certain results. Therefore, this method looks good [use ‘is appropriate’ instead of ‘looks good’] [and available] for certain category of workers only. For instance, these are sellers, managers, trade persons, and each worker who can obtain a well-defined result of his job within a day.
Other system that may increase company’s productivity [consists in – what is this?] opposite methods. It can be named [such] as ‘the system of punishes [punishments]’. What is it? As I told, not every member of company’s staff has a relative system of incentives consisting in payments of money [prizes -> bonuses] for well-defined result. Let’s [survey – take as an example] a babysitter[’s] job. Babysitter must look after a child [within the] all day and when the day [will –> is ] finished, there are no additional [result -> value] [will is ] make. A little baby only [not a full sentence]. Babysitter can not make more babies during the [work -> working] day and his or her work must [be] assessed, for instance, by [a] baby’s mood. If a baby is happy than it is a good work, otherwise it’s a bad work. [So – In that case] the babysitter must be punished. This system is very effective also.
In my opinion, [company’s – can be removed] managers have to consider both systems before planning future activity and decide which of these systems are more suitable for their purposes. I think no one can obviously say that one system is better than another one at all. Therefore, employers must be very accurate making their choice.
Понятия не имею, на сколько это может быть оценено, мне кажется, на 5-6 баллов.
Старый 07.02.2006, 19:16   #108 (permalink)

Из: Asia-Moscow-Au (скоро) - уже в Бризбане

please criticize my assey too and what kind of mark i can count on?

Тема : молодое поколение очень много времени уделяет телевидению и мало времени проводят на свежем воздухе или занимаются спортом. Ты согласен или нет, твои советы , приведи пример из жизни.

In our nowadays world we have huge range different entertainment. In generally young people spend their free time to watching TV and playing computer’s games. Nowadays generation grows up on new modern information technologies which are giving us more information and take more time than early.
Today young generation doesn’t make good use free time. In fact the most part young people after school or university spend time to watching TV. On the one hand they get more new information but unfortunately, usually they watch cartoons, soap operas, moves and very seldom they can watch news. On the other hand time is spent to watch TV they can at least spend on sport activities in clean, fresh air.
The observation showed that television and computer’s games are developing in people beg habits and young people have become very aggressive, annoyed, nervous, more irresponsible and pessimistic and of course more unfriendly.
The boys and girls used to meet each other in their leisure time and spent this time in sport activities, played command’s games, read books together in evening and played school’s theatres and those relationship was more friendly and simply.
Now young people spend less time with friends and don’t have time for communication with parents. For example in fact my son after school every day except weekends without lunch and dinner watches TV before my come back at home and after that he makes homework until night.
Finally I would like to draw a conclusion:
Firstly the parents have to give attention and show examples as spend their free time and tell their children about healthy and unhealthy sides available entertainments and activities.
Secondly the television programs have to include in this time more educational, historical and cultural programs and news.
Thirdly the government and other civil organizations including schools and universities have to develop sport activities and different courses and other activities for schoolchildren and students.
In additional to premises I would like to underline following that if we follow this rules we will have healthy, friendly and more mobility young generation than we have now.
Старый 07.02.2006, 21:57   #109 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от Keikko
please criticize my [assey -> essay] too and what [kind of mark - delete] i can count on [can I count on]?

Тема : молодое поколение очень много времени уделяет телевидению и мало времени проводят на свежем воздухе или занимаются спортом. Ты согласен или нет, твои советы , приведи пример из жизни.

In [our] nowadays world we have [a] huge range [of] [different - delete] entertainment. In [generally -> general] young people spend their free time [to - delete] watching TV and playing computer’s games. Nowadays [The modern, new] generation grows up on new [modern - redundand] information technologies which [are giving -> give] us more information and take more time than early.
Today [young generation doesn’t make good use [of] free time. In fact the most [part - delete] young people after school or university spend time [to - delete] watching TV. On the one hand they get more new information but unfortunately, usually they watch cartoons, soap operas, [moves -> movies] and very seldom they can watch news. On the other hand [the] time [is - delete] spent to watch TV [they] can at least [spend -> be used] on sport activities in clean, fresh air.
The observation showed that television and computer’s games are developing in people [beg -> bad] habits and young people [have - delete] become very aggressive, annoyed, nervous, more irresponsible and pessimistic and of course more unfriendly.
The boys and girls used to meet each other in their leisure time and spent this time in sport activities, [played -> playing] command’s games, [read -> reading] books together in evening and played school’s theatres and those relationship was more friendly and simply.
Now young people spend less time with friends and don’t have time for communication with parents. For example [in fact - delete] my son after school every day except weekends without lunch and dinner watches TV before [my -> I] come back at home and after that he makes homework until night.
Finally I would like to draw a conclusion:
Firstly the parents have to [give -> pay] attention and [show -> serve as] examples [as -> how to] spend their free time and tell their children about healthy and unhealthy sides available entertainments and activities.
Secondly the television programs have to include [in this time - delete] more educational, historical and cultural programs and news.
Thirdly the government and other civil organizations including schools and universities have to develop sport activities and different courses and other activities for schoolchildren and students.
In additional to premises I would like to underline following that if we follow this rules we will have healthy, friendly and more [mobility -> active] young generation than we have now.
Очень хромает построение предложений, согласование слов друг с другом. На мой субъективный взгляд - 4-5 баллов.
Старый 08.02.2006, 00:28   #110 (permalink)

thank you very much!
I didn't hope on better
What do you think about cover the main questions?
Старый 20.02.2006, 12:02   #111 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: Vladivostok

hi guys,
could somebody check my essey for mistakes? it's not about spelling, I believe, but "word choice" mostly. The essey is written in Present Tense because it is kind of requirement for writing a reflection on some short story. So, don't you worry about tenses. Just check if something doesn't sound naturally. Thanks in advance.
In what ways is Earl self-deceived?

This is the story about a man who cannot get his life in order. When we encounter Earl, he is again on the road with his daughter and new girlfriend trying to put distance between himself and the law. Earl's girlfriend observes that the faulty moments of their trip are questions of Earl’s character. Earl is self-deluded because he believes he has a future with Edna and he is a good father, he is in the beginning of the “big success story” and he has clear vision over situation, and that the best way to work out life’s obstacles is to forget about them.

First of all, though Earl realizes that his relationship with Edna is built on a flimsy ground, he feels “good about things” and thinks they both can develop it in something serious and prolonged. Even the fact, that Edna gets rid of her own children, leaving them with her crazy ex-husband, does not stop Earl. Moreover, he is so enthusiastic about their future that even rents bridal suits and makes a tattoo that says FAMOUS TIMES, which have to, apparently, mean that bad times are behind and new horizons are open for them. He does not care whether Edna is potentially a good mother or has a prospective to be a good wife. She can “be lively” and is hopefully able to give Earl’s daughter “better shake in things” (Ford 276). Earl sincerely considers himself as a caring father, though permanently leaves his daughter without dinner and totally alone in a stolen car or rented suit and always rationalizes away his failures to fulfill his promises.

Next, Earl is convinced that getting a nice comfortable car is a good omen for “a whole new beginning” for them and is so confident about that, feeling free and relaxed, that eventually even starts to think about this stolen car as if it is his own. Afterwards, when car turns out to be defective and they have to stop in the middle of the desert road, Earl still refuses to see the reality of situation. Despite his life’s experience, Earl is immature and naпve to some extend. He is obsessed by the visions of a better life. A tiny picture with a gold mine demonstrates how far Earl goes in being unrealistic, seeing some sacramental meaning in the common things around him. While Edna finds it just a funny reason to laugh over their present ridiculous situation, Earl interprets the gold mine as a sign that they are probably getting near their own happiness.

Finally, when Edna changes her plans and tells him she “can’t keep that fantasy going”, Earl naturally feels disappointed but does not really analyze the reasons of her decision, losing one more chance to look in the face of reality, make a choice, and try to change his life. He believes he would “face fewer troubles” if he could learn to put “things like this one out of your mind” as all successful people do (Ford 291).

The car he contemplates stealing at the end of the story has everything in it he would have if Earl had a car. In the key moments of the story Earl is a subject to a truth that is a force for the good for another kind of person, but not for him. The feeling of being given opportunities to observe love, propriety, belongingness, and steadiness, but at the same time being excluded, haunts Earl and makes his self-delusion even more sour and obvious.
Старый 23.02.2006, 19:35   #112 (permalink)

Из: Ростов-на-Дону
По умолчанию useful games

Hi all!
I have got here a kind of an interesting topic I guess..
So I would like to propose to everybody to share descriptions of games you have ever played during the English lessons.
Here is my one:
I do not know the name of the Game. It consists of two stages. We need previously prepared cards with either words or simple pictures printed. There should be blank spaces on them as well. At first a teacher distributes those cards among students. Every student should write every association he has while looking at the card (including names of things depicted) in the blank space. Then the cards are collected and mixed, and distributed again. It is time for a second stage. Now every student in turn tryes to describe aloud the word he or she has on their card but NOT using hand-writed associations. No winners, just fun and wider vocabulary.
So what do you think?
Старый 26.02.2006, 17:45   #113 (permalink)

This was my essey

Очень хромает построение предложений, согласование слов друг с другом. На мой субъективный взгляд - 4-5 баллов.

Unfortunatelly I have written this theme on test in 25 Feb and I have fogotten everything and I'll know my result in 2 weeks
Старый 01.03.2006, 10:25   #114 (permalink)

No Avatar

lely,

First of all, if it is your own writing you should have absolutely no problem during the IELTS, unless, of coures, you are aiming for 9 marks for alll four sections.

Unfortunately, your text is too good to be discussed here, as there are not many people here who work as professional English teachers .

Apart of a few minor spots, I could not any flaws in the text, and to my non-native eye it looks pretty cool.

Good luck!
Старый 02.03.2006, 01:17   #115 (permalink)

Из: Moscow -> Waitara, Sydney

Цитата:
Сообщение от Sydney girl
I'm sure that "mean to hurt" is more closer to native speech...
I would say much closer.
Is it grammatically correct to say "more closer"?

Цитата:
Сообщение от Sydney girl
By the way, those who are eager to migrate, have you ever think of coming back to home country or maybe another one??
Shouldn't you use the past participle of the verb to think "have you ever thought"?
giddy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 02.03.2006, 15:07   #116 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от hukilai
lely,

First of all, if it is your own writing you should have absolutely no problem during the IELTS, unless, of coures, you are aiming for 9 marks for alll four sections.

Unfortunately, your text is too good to be discussed here, as there are not many people here who work as professional English teachers .

Apart of a few minor spots, I could not any flaws in the text, and to my non-native eye it looks pretty cool.

Good luck!
it's my college writing, but thanks anyway. I just couldn't make an appointment with tuitor and decided to look for some help on g'day where I've got so much help earlier. I can post the final variant of essey (a lot of cut-offs) , some people could find it useful for vocabulary improvement, but I have to warn that I'm still waiting this essey to be marked. Our teacher is such a hardmarker and this essey is 10% of our overal mark. So, I'd better wait.
Старый 02.03.2006, 23:15   #117 (permalink)

No Avatar

lely,

OK, I have found one real error in your spelling (you have made it twice) - 'essey' .
Старый 03.03.2006, 10:26   #118 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от hukilai
lely,

OK, I have found one real error in your spelling (you have made it twice) - 'essey' .
Congratulations! it's just because I so careless. Still it is not so important 'cause you can always check your spelling using word processor (not in-class writing though ). But you know what my weakest place is? Articles!!! Never use them. Practice! (3 times)
Старый 06.03.2006, 03:20   #119 (permalink)

No Avatar

I don't know if you already have this link but it is really helpful, especially in writing an argumentative essay:
http://www.writefix.com/
Старый 06.03.2006, 04:29   #120 (permalink)

Из: vic

Цитата:
Цитата:
Сообщение от Chyslyvchyk
Certainly, I have to learn (to study) English much harder to passed (to pass, Infinitive verb form) IELTS.
Well, actually learn is more correct. You can use study when you speak about college, course, universuty studying. For instance, [i]I studied English at the University two years ago.
Как-то была ситуевина - на собеседовании у меня проверяли мой английский. Проверяла красопета, выпускнице ин.яза. Она мне задала вопрос: "how long you been learning english?". Ну я ей объяснил, что так не говорят, а обычно спрашивают: "how long you been studying english?".

Сам я грамоте (грамматике) особо не обучен, больше имел живого обсчения, и просто стараюсь сказать так, как лучше будет звучать. Долго я думал на эту тему, искал разницу в смысле словей to learn и to study. Вроде и то "учить", и то "учить"...

Короче сформулировал для себя следующее:

to study - изучать (систематически, по плану, по расписанию, с целью изучить, изучая объект изучения), pursuing some aims.

to learn - научаться/обучаться (когда информация/знания приходят независимо от желания, под тяжестью обстаятельств, как дети учаться ходить/говорить/считать, методом "тыка", "проб и ошибок", как человек может "вынести урок" из какой либо ситуации), gaining knowledge/skills by accidental training.

Вот.

Может кто-нибудь умнее сформулирует.
Старый 07.03.2006, 11:02   #121 (permalink)

No Avatar

deleted
Старый 07.03.2006, 11:05   #122 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от maximus3d
...Долго я думал на эту тему, искал разницу в смысле словей to learn и to study. Вроде и то "учить", и то "учить"...
В этих случаях, думание, как правило не помогает (если не говорили на этом языке лет 20-30 до этого). Проще всего посмотреть в словарь, лучше всего толковый (англо-английский).

Рекомендую http://www.m-w.com. Определения там не самые простые, но зато достаточно подробные, чтобы уловить суть.

Далее, стоит помнить, что слова в английском (как и в русском), имеют несколько значений, поэтому сказать, что study и learn переводятся как "учить" будет сильным упрощением, необходимым только на первоначальном этапе освоения языка.

Например мой Merriam-Webster Unabridged дает для study целых восемь главных значений, в каждом из которых по 2-3 подзначения... . В общем, язык неисчерпаем, как атом...

Конечно, в реальной жизни не нужно знать их все, т.к. в хороших словарях более популярные значения представляются вначале, а затем уже более редкие.

Например для наших слов:
study (первое значение): to apply the mind to the acquirement of knowledge through reading and reflection, observation, or experiment.

learn (первое значение): to gain knowledge or understanding of or skill in by study, instruction, or experience : receive instruction in.

Что мы видим здесь? Во-первых, что значения слов схожи, т.к. оба обозначают процесс получения знаний/умений. Но случае study акцент делается именно на сам процесс, а в learn - на результат этого процесса.

I have being studying the subject for almost a month now, but have learned next to nothing!

Поэтому ваша теория насчет различения систематического/случайного знания, к сожалению, не верна .

Еще раз хотел бы подчеркнуть, как только вы можете читать толковые словари, приучайте себя использовать только их, и к англо-русским словарям прибегайте только в случае крайней необходимости (экзотические названия/животные/растения/понятия/абстракции). Поначалу вам это будет очень непривычно, но при достаточном упорстве, вы почувствуете, что язык станет вам "ближе".

Merriam-Webster - хороший пример толкового словаря для уровня upper-intermediate и выше. Если много определений из него вам не понятно, поищите более простой словарь (с короткими определениями и большим количеством примеров).

Good luck!
Старый 07.03.2006, 15:37   #123 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от hukilai
Например для наших слов:
study (первое значение): to apply the mind to the acquirement of knowledge through reading and reflection, observation, or experiment.

learn (первое значение): to gain knowledge or understanding of or skill in by study, instruction, or experience : receive instruction in.

Что мы видим здесь? Во-первых, что значения слов схожи, т.к. оба обозначают процесс получения знаний/умений. Но случае study акцент делается именно на сам процесс, а в learn - на результат этого процесса.

I have being studying the subject for almost a month now, but have learned next to nothing!

Поэтому ваша теория насчет различения систематического/случайного знания, к сожалению, не верна .
Ну в принципе было близко ведь? С разницей в accidental training. Ну и ваша ключевая фраза - есть приблизительно те слова, которые я подбирал:
Цитата:
I have being studying the subject ..., but have learned next to nothing!
Старый 07.03.2006, 17:44   #124 (permalink)

Hey, guys! As mentioned in the first message of this topic This topic is for communication in English only. Comments in Russian are not appreciated.
Старый 07.03.2006, 21:40   #125 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Chyslyvchyk
Comments in Russian are not appreciated.
Ай эм трули сорри! Куд йу эва фогив ми?

Закладки

Тэги
analysis, countable, essays, mistakes, present, this, topic, worried