Иммиграция, обучение и жизнь в австралии

Оценка шансов Объявления ASPC-timeline Дневники Проекты Реклама Вакансии

Ответ

LinkBack Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 26.10.2006, 14:21   #151 (permalink)

Из: ru -> au -> ru

Ok, lets talk a little.

My name is Sasha,
I live in Russia,
Australian travel -
High quality level.
Стрелок из лука вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26.10.2006, 14:53   #152 (permalink)

(read it in a rap-style)

My rhymes like arrows -
Flying sparrows,
Breaking iron souls -
Leaving holes...
Старый 26.10.2006, 14:53   #153 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: Мельбурн

If it were a contest,
You would be the best.
But we don't compete.
Do you agree?
hukilai вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26.10.2006, 16:12   #154 (permalink)

Your lyrics are good -
Rising the mood.
I don't hide a knife,
Bringing topic to life.

(Peace to all poets )
Старый 28.10.2006, 05:07   #155 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: Sydney/AU

Цитата:
Сообщение от Стрелок из лука
Your lyrics are good -
Rising the mood.
I don't hide a knife,
Bringing topic to life.

(Peace to all poets )
It's absolutely nonsense
To force life into motion.
Might there be a change
through threatening knife-edge?
jenja вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 28.10.2006, 17:46   #156 (permalink)

Из: Sydney Belmore

Good song I have just listened in "Be Cool" movie

Life Is What You Make It
At least that's what they say
Well I think im gonna make it
Fulfill my dreams one day
I feel this fire growing deep inside of me
Im so inspired knowing that its my destiny

I breathe like a champion
I dream im a champion
I see im a champion
Its meant to be
My wills getting stronger
I cant wait any longer
Im singing a song that's inside of me
Cuz im a believer
I know that I can make it
No matter what they say
So im a believer
The Future is Now
It starts today

I would also say that performance of this song was amazing. When you see the person singing the song and putting emotions into each word you have better understanding of the song.

I think that watching movies is a very good way to learn English. First of all it is not boring. You enjoy watching the movie and you study English at the same time without even thinking about it. Secondly you see people interacting, you see their faces, their movements which helps a lot. Find your favorite movies, read screenplay, turn on subtitles, try to understand every word and your English will blast off like a rocket in the sky.
Старый 28.10.2006, 22:11   #157 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от just a human
I think that watching movies is a very good way to learn English.
Yeah, it's true! I just finished watching "Clerks-2" - and want to say that two songs are fantastic: "A, B, C - easy as 1, 2, 3" and "Raindrops keep falling on my head". I played them several times.
Старый 29.10.2006, 14:11   #158 (permalink)

Из: Sydney Belmore

For me the most difficult part of English was speaking. When I want to describe something complicated I need to use a large variety of different adjectives to show the depth and dencity of feelings and emotions I experince and I want to be sure that the person understands me and I can see the feedback in his eyes and behavior so I can really enjoy the conversation with him.

It is easy to do for me in native language but I am lost when I try it in English. I just can't find the exact words I want to say. I can say it in basic English but it will be not in the way I want it to be. And this is the most dificult part for me in English. I can learn the words I need but I have to practice them a lot in order to use them smoothly in conversation. I think it is called language barrier when you want to say something but can't and because you can't say it you don't say anything.
Старый 30.10.2006, 10:57   #159 (permalink)

No Avatar

I think the only way to enrich one's English skills beyond intermediate level is reading a lot of good books - after some (most likely pretty long) time you will start "feeling" the language and needed words will start popping up when you speak. But it is a long and requiring a lot of mental efforts process - even not every native speaker would do that. Of course it is true for any language, including Russian.

But good luck to all of us in this life-long journey!
Старый 13.01.2007, 01:44   #160 (permalink)

Friends, lets chat about something?

I don't know about what, but there are lots of interesting things. For example, what do you think about marriage with Australian? Is it a good idea? What do you think could you live with her/him, and understand each other? Talking about "nderstanding" I'm not talking about English – but about relationships at all. From the one side, we are human beings of one planet, from the other side – we have different backgrounds...

I have been chatting with one Australian girl (woman ) for 1 month, and she's single… We talk about various things, and it's amazing! She thinks about marriage too, but can't find good guy. We exchanged our photos – she looks good. Also, she's kind of romantic, just like me...
Старый 13.01.2007, 03:32   #161 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: Down Under Top End

What's up ? Hey lads ?! Crack marksman what do you mean about hip-hop music ?
Mobb Deep, 2Pac, Notorius B.I.G, Onix and so on ?
My Skype's name such as Fuzcen and I ready have a word with somebody who likes really hip-hop.
I have more Australian friends in Skype too. Recently I had a chat with Australian's woman which is soothsayer That's hot ! Her name is Nikki I wanted to know about my future but nothing I have to be near with her
Coming up...

http://www.skype.com/intl/ru/download/
fuzcen вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 13.01.2007, 04:04   #162 (permalink)

Из: Москва -> Melbourne

If anyone had already passed IELTS exams, could you please tell me when to start preparing for it? I have finished Advanced Oxford Courses, but after a few tries to pass sample IELTS exams (well, Reading to be exact), I have found myself confused, because I don't know how to solve this test fast and correct. I can easily read and understand everything written there, but I don't follow exam creator's logic and unable to find correct answers in a given time. So far I am preparing documents for ACS approval, and I saw on this forum that confirmation after accept of that documents happens in about 3 to 6 months. And after that I have to send my IELTS exam marks, but I'm not quite sure if I can pass it with a required score now. I was examined about two months ago in English First courses and scored as follows: Reading 100 of 100, Listening 100 of 100, Grammar 92 of 100, Overall 93 of 100 and was recommended to join class that was preparing for CFI exams in a few months. After thinking a while I decided not to join that classes but to enter British Council IELTS training course, but I'm not sure when should I do it? Let's discuss my problem in English, it's better then make questions from the void
Lt_Flash вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 13.01.2007, 04:14   #163 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Стрелок из лука
Friends, lets chat about something?

I don't know about what, but there are lots of interesting things. For example, what do you think about marriage with Australian? Is it a good idea? What do you think could you live with her/him, and understand each other? Talking about "nderstanding" I'm not talking about English – but about relationships at all. From the one side, we are human beings of one planet, from the other side – we have different backgrounds...

I have been chatting with one Australian girl (woman ) for 1 month, and she's single… We talk about various things, and it's amazing! She thinks about marriage too, but can't find good guy. We exchanged our photos – she looks good. Also, she's kind of romantic, just like me...
I believe that it's rather difficult to live with a man, who grew up in another country. He's behaviour in many things will be different from yours thus causing differencies in views and leading to a break. But that just mine IMHO, and it will depend on a girl - will she be able to live with such man, and will he make steps towards understaning her, or not. Everything happens and there are a lot of examples of successfull marriage between people from different countries.
Старый 13.01.2007, 17:04   #164 (permalink)

Из: Mel

Цитата:
Сообщение от fuzcen
What's up ? Hey lads ?! Crack marksman what do you mean about hip-hop music ?
Mobb Deep, 2Pac, Notorius B.I.G, Onix and so on ?
My Skype's name such as Fuzcen and I ready have a word with somebody who likes really hip-hop.
I have more Australian friends in Skype too. Recently I was met with AU woman which is soothsayer That's cool ! Her name is Nikki I wanted to know about my future but nothing I have to be near her
Coming up...

http://www.skype.com/intl/ru/download/
So... You said repeatedly that you had a good level in English! At the same time you make such stupid mistakes...
I was met - is absolutely incorrect! I beg you to learn Passive voice and Perfect and Past tenses because it sounds so silly!
I just wonder what does Nikki think about your foto? Is she impressed?
P.S.: "Mission impossible - 4" is to translate: I wanted to know about my future but nothing I have to be near her...
Hope вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 13.01.2007, 17:05   #165 (permalink)

Старый 13.01.2007, 20:50   #166 (permalink)

[OFFTOP] ...New episodes of Hope\fuzcen confrontation! Available in English now! [/OFFTOP]

And back to my situation. I sent her my photos, and she thinks that I have a babyface. Yes, I'm 23, and I look quite young. (To tell the truth - she's a couple of years older – but still cute and even impressive). After that I told her "So, are you going to stop talking with me now?" She called me "silly boy", and answered "It's funny to chat with you".

So you never know...
Старый 13.01.2007, 22:20   #167 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: Down Under Top End

fuzcen вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14.01.2007, 00:32   #168 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от fuzcen
Shut up You have done one more foolish act.
Do you think it's possible to answer a girl in a such rude manner?
Do you think you look very clever? It's just a piece of your delusions of grandeur!
Make some efforts to REPLY a bit politely next time!
Старый 15.01.2007, 05:05   #169 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Hope
Цитата:
Сообщение от fuzcen
Do you think it's possible to answer a girl in a such rude manner?
Do you think you look very clever? It's just a piece of your delusions of grandeur!
Make some efforts to REPLY a bit politely next time!
How about to answer to my post?
Старый 15.01.2007, 09:28   #170 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от fuzcen
Please restrain yourself from using "shut up" just for fun. It is pretty strong, and unless you are talking to a very close friend, almost always will be perceived as an insult, no matter how many smiles you put after it.
Старый 15.01.2007, 10:38   #171 (permalink)

No Avatar

LT_Flash, if you mean your question about when to start to prepare for the IELTS exam, here are my two cents:

Well, first of all, it is kind of difficult to evaluate how well you are prepared for IELTS, because you have not provided any tests results. You said you failed test exams a few times, but to what degree? On IELTS scale is it 1 or 3 or 5 or what?

If you get 100/100 in Reading and Listening for English First, but fail in IELTS, then this course covers only a very basic English and in no way can be compared to IELTS.

From your preivous post I can see that your written English is pretty good, so it is a little bit odd that you do not mark well on Reading. Try some listening tests as well and let us know your results (if you want, of course).

Regarding the timing, although you can send your IELTS results with your 475sk form, it is not mandatory, and you can do it later - when an officer is assigned for your case and asks you for those.

If you are currently at the stage of getting of ACS assessment, you still have plenty of time ahead, just start preparing right now. If I were you, I would do the following:

1. Try a 2-3 Reading and Listening test exams and find your average mark there. If consistently gets at least one point more than you need (say, you need 6, but get 7+ in most cases), just apply for the closest exam sitting - you have pretty good chances to pass it. Do not forget it is harder to evaluate your skill for Writing and Speaking, but a few weeks of practice you have before the exam should be sufficient given you get good marks in L/R.

2. If your test results are too low or barely on the level you need to pass, give yourself a couple of months of English training with focus on IELTS, and see if your results improve. After that, If yes, go to step 1, if not go to step 2.

P.S. Just in case you are curious, my IELTS results were 8 - Reading, 9 - Listening, 6 - Writing, 7 - Speaking. It took me 5 years of work in English- speaking company, plus two months of relaxed and one week of very intense preparation for the exam to get those results.
Старый 15.01.2007, 21:36   #172 (permalink)

Thanks for your reply!
First of all I would like to explain why do I fail in IELTS test exam. I mean, not in a real IELTS exam, but in Internet IELTS example of exam. I believe that I fail because I don't know how to spread my attention on what to mark, what things to sort out and thus I begin to waste my time. But I easily understand everything in that example reading test, but it's constructed to confuse such people as I, and it works just fine That's why I decided to enter IELTS course in British Council - to train myself understand philosophy of IELTS exams - how do they constructed and how to find key moments in every part of IELTS course. So, I think I should enter IELTS trainig course just after sending my documents for ACS approval. What do you think, am I right or not?
Старый 16.01.2007, 09:54   #173 (permalink)

No Avatar

LT_Flash,

I am still confused about what kind of problem you have with IELTS (with Reading in particular). Have you tried the tests from the sandbox? How many correct answers have you got within the exam timeframe? And do not tell me you could not do any of 40 questions there - unless you have a serious menthal disorder.

I think that the structure of the Reading section is very straightforward. You read the text and then do what you asked - fill in gaps in sentences, evaluate statements (yes/no/not given), etc. If you just do a couple of those tests without time limit and having correct answer before your eyes, you will catch an idea.

If you have no problem with comprehension of the content of the Reading exam, you should be able to prepare on your own. But if you feel more confident taking those course, by all means, go there.
Старый 16.01.2007, 21:53   #174 (permalink)

I haven't tried any examples from sandbox just because it's on the move right now and doesn't have FTP server on-line.
You know, maybe I've been trying some strange test, but the text was about left and right-handed people, and about research made by different people. That text tells us about different scientists and different methods they used to find an answer for the question, why about 70% percent (or something about that) people are right-handed. There were about six paragraphs each describing one scientist and what did he or she do. And then goes the questions for that text, like "To whom does this sentence apply"? And because all that scientists used different methods and made different inventions I just became confused which one did that thing, and which one did this thing. I believe that I just should use some kind of notes during reading of text, to make remarks and to use them in answering, because it's difficult to remember everything they did in correct relation to their names. And I would like to visit IELTS training courses to study how to parse such text correctly, what to mark and what to expect. For example, when I was examined in English First there also were T/F/NG variants and I had absolutely no problem in choosing correct one. But the text was like a cut from newspaper - about ongoing Olimpiade 2012 and how different countries trying to held it and so on. Maybe because it wasn't so scientific I had no problem with it, maybe something else. But as I scored at 100 of 100 on English First and failed to pass IELTS example I felt uncomfortable and now think about IELTS courses. But of course, as soon as sandgate is back again - I will try to pass IELTS tests once again Thank you for your help, it's nice to talk to you!

By the way, how do you score my writing? I write it "on the fly", no corrections and after-edit...
Старый 17.01.2007, 15:28   #175 (permalink)

To Стрелок из лука

Back to your situation. I'm absolutelly sure that the Internet is a very important part of our life! For instance, we have every opportunity to read interesting books, listen to radio programms or meet new friends. If you like each other, it doesn't matter how old are you! Don't worry, please! Good luck to you!
Ответ

Закладки

Тэги
analysis, countable, essays, mistakes, present, this, topic, worried