Иммиграция, обучение и жизнь в австралии

Оценка шансов Объявления ASPC-timeline Дневники Проекты Реклама Вакансии

Ответ

LinkBack Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.02.2004, 00:33   #1 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: ......
По умолчанию для общения на английском

This topic is for communication in English only. You can present your letters and essays here for general discussion and analysis of your mistakes. Comments in Russian are not appreciated.
Данный топик служит только для общения на английском языке, обсуждения писем, эссе, анализа ошибок и т.п. Русские комментарии нежелательны.
Other вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05.02.2004, 02:20   #2 (permalink)

Из: melbourne
По умолчанию Re: для общения на английском

Цитата:
Сообщение от Igor (FIL)
Данный топик служит только для общения на английском языке, обсуждения писем, эссе, анализа ошибок и т.п. Русские комментарии нежелательны.
guys, c'mon, let's have fun
taken together conversational practice and writing exercise can do you a lot of good
masha вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05.02.2004, 04:08   #3 (permalink)

No Avatar

Из: Kiev, Ukraine

Hi, guys!
I highly appreciate your wishes to communicate in English here
and to help people to improve their language.
Cause I have a lack of such experience (I mean communication skills),
I encourage everybody to support each other.
Thanks.
Don't blame me for possible mistakes.
Eugene_P вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05.02.2004, 13:04   #4 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Igor (FIL)
taken together conversational practice and writing exercise can do you a lot of good
Ok, let's have... Question is: as I understood in the neighbor topic with my example, "smoked women" mean that somebody smoked her? Right way probable: "smoking women", how to say in a past tense about the permanently smoking women?
Старый 05.02.2004, 15:38   #5 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Question is: as I understood in the neighbor topic with my example, "smoked women" mean that somebody smoked her? Right way probable: "smoking women", how to say in a past tense about the permanently smoking women?
well, if she is smoked it means that she has been exposed to the smoke (for instance, she has a particular smell). You can put it that way if you really mean it .

‘Smoking woman’ means that a woman has a habit of smoking i.e. puffing out the smoke of tobacco or the like. In this case ‘smoking’ is closer to an adjective than to a verb, so i guess it can’t have the past tense.
Can you be more specific about what you are trying to say? (probably, you are talking about perfect participle)
Старый 05.02.2004, 15:52   #6 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Question is: as I understood in the neighbor topic with my example, "smoked women" mean that somebody smoked her? Right way probable: "smoking women", how to say in a past tense about the permanently smoking women?
well, if she is smoked it means that she has been exposed to the smoke (for instance, she has a particular smell). You can put it that way if you really mean it .

‘Smoking woman’ means that a woman has a habit of smoking i.e. puffing out the smoke of tobacco or the like. In this case ‘smoking’ is closer to an adjective than to a verb, so i guess it can’t have the past tense.
Can you be more specific about what you are trying to say? (probably, you are talking about perfect participle)
That's it! I mean smoking is her habit. Is right expression should be like: "...amount of smoking women from 1960 to 1975 ...."?
Старый 05.02.2004, 16:03   #7 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Is right expression should be like: "...amount of smoking women from 1960 to 1975 ...."?
i'd rather say ""... in the period between 1960 and 1975 the number of smoking women ... "
Старый 05.02.2004, 16:19   #8 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Is right expression should be like: "...amount of smoking women from 1960 to 1975 ...."?
i'd rather say ""... in the period between 1960 and 1975 the number of smoking women ... "
There is a lot of moments to use a "number" word. What correct synonyms I have to use? As I see "amount" is not good... or what?
Старый 05.02.2004, 16:38   #9 (permalink)

Из: Москва

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Ok, let's have... Question is: as I understood in the neighbor topic with my example, "smoked women" mean that somebody smoked her? Right way probable: "smoking women", how to say in a past tense about the permanently smoking women?
If I understand your question correct you have to use "used to" in this sentence/
Старый 05.02.2004, 16:44   #10 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от Змий
Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
If I understand your question correct you have to use "used to" in this sentence/
Repeat whole sentence with your corrections, plz. I can't imagine in which part of expression I have to use it.
Старый 05.02.2004, 16:57   #11 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Igor (FIL)
Sorry, Masha, I lied to you. I'm just found a book, so I have one:
Yale Richmond "From NYET to DA. Understanding the Russians", Intercultural Press, Inc. 1992.
But I think this book is useless for preparing to the test...
Старый 05.02.2004, 17:19   #12 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Змий
'used to' means that it was in the past (she did smoke) and it's no more now (she doesn't smoke). But Abor Mot made it clear that it is about 'permanently smoking'
Старый 05.02.2004, 17:21   #13 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
There is a lot of moments to use a "number" word. What correct synonyms I have to use? As I see "amount" is not good... or what?
"amount" is ok but if you are going to support your statement with figures i guess 'number' is better
Старый 05.02.2004, 17:24   #14 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Yale Richmond "From NYET to DA. Understanding the Russians", Intercultural Press, Inc. 1992.

has it helped in understanding the issue it concerns with?
Старый 05.02.2004, 17:30   #15 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot

has it helped in understanding the issue it concerns with?
Sometime, it's a funny to read, what they are thinking about us. I gonna put this book to the rest room - guess, will help to, whatever humans does in there....
Старый 05.02.2004, 17:49   #16 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Sometime, it's a funny to read, what they are thinking about us. I gonna put this book to the rest room - guess, will help to, whatever humans does in there....
yup - cross-cultural communication tough stuff
some people take it too seriously and write multivolume research papers on it without even having an opportunity to encounter a single foreigner

but why the restroom don't you think that after ten years you will miss this book?
Старый 05.02.2004, 22:15   #17 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
yup - cross-cultural communication tough stuff
some people take it too seriously and write multivolume research papers on it without even having an opportunity to encounter a single foreigner

but why the restroom don't you think that after ten years you will miss this book?
first. this men presents himself as an expert in mistrious russian souls - he was an ambassador for about 25 years, working in moscow and around.
second. I'm not gonna use the book as a paper. I've alot of books in the restroom - it's a kind of a library, just reading, wasting time in there...
Старый 05.02.2004, 23:05   #18 (permalink)

Из: Москва

Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Змий
'used to' means that it was in the past (she did smoke) and it's no more now (she doesn't smoke). But Abor Mot made it clear that it is about 'permanently smoking'
I guess I didn't understand the question. So we should use present perfect continuous: Those women have been smoking since...(or for ... years)
Старый 05.02.2004, 23:55   #19 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от Змий
Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Змий
I guess I didn't understand the question. So we should use present perfect continuous: Those women have been smoking since...(or for ... years)
Glad you did not lost. Does anybody else participate to our trinity?
Fil! Where are you lost? You told you have a classes... That's gonna be nice practice for you (and of course for us) to have interacting here. Sorry, sometime I'm experiencing some trouble to spelling the words. I know how does they sounds, but....
PS corrected this post three times before remember some spelling of the words
Старый 06.02.2004, 00:31   #20 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Fil! Where are you lost? You told you have a classes... That's gonna be nice practice for you (and of course for us) to have interacting here. Sorry, sometime I'm experiencing some trouble to spelling the words. I know how does they sounds, but....
don't push people to do smth - if they like it they'll join anyway
and your troubles with spelling - since you've made it (i mean you've succeeded in remembering) it's just great
Старый 06.02.2004, 01:01   #21 (permalink)

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
don't push people to do smth - if they like it they'll join anyway
and your troubles with spelling - since you've made it (i mean you've succeeded in remembering) it's just great
Gonna predict one thing: NOBODY living now in australia, join our conversation. They are to complexed and pride to make their mistakes of public trial.
Старый 06.02.2004, 01:13   #22 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Gonna predict one thing: NOBODY living now in australia, join our conversation. They are to complexed and pride to make their mistakes of public trial.
guess you are wrong
they have 'too much' English around to miss it that's why they'd like to cope with their Russian
Старый 06.02.2004, 01:27   #23 (permalink)

Из: Moscow

Цитата:
... You can present your letters and essays here for general discussion and analysis of your mistakes...
sorry ... some of the corrections just slipped out while was reading this topic:

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
I would say: participate IN.
(VERB + preposition)

well, also trinity is a group of three things or people, so access to this topic should be limited to three of us only in this case...

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Fil! Where are you lost?
he probably got lost in Sydney Underground ;0)..

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
You told you have a classes...
could be: You told us that you had the classes
but it is OK to use "have" as it is still true, i.e. Fil still has english classes, hasn't he

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
I know how does they sounds, but....
it was a typo, wasn't it
--------------------
correct me pls, if I was wrong.
edward700 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 06.02.2004, 01:47   #24 (permalink)

Цитата:
Сообщение от Abor Mot
Цитата:
Сообщение от masha
Цитата:
Сообщение от Igor (FIL)
Let me put my five cents in. The way I see it, it must be like that. I'm not very good on grammar, but I will try.
I understood in the neighboring topic with an example that "smoked women" meant that somebody smoked her? Probable the right way to say it, was "smoking women". Is there a way to say about permanently smoking women in a past tense? Something like that.
My opinion is, try not to make long sentences. You can get mixed up.
[/i]
Vasia вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 06.02.2004, 04:35   #25 (permalink)
Эd

No Avatar

Цитата:
Сообщение от Vasia
I understood in the neighboring topic with an example that "smoked women" meant that somebody smoked her? Probable the right way to say it, was "smoking women". Is there a way to say about permanently smoking women in a past tense? Something like that.
My opinion is, try not to make long sentences. You can get mixed up. [/i]
And how about "female/male smokers"? Smoked/smoking - both seem inappropriate to me...
Эd вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ

Закладки

Тэги
analysis, countable, essays, mistakes, present, this, topic, worried