• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing - попытка номер 4 - пишем сочинение

Здравствуйте!

Тренирую writing - написание сочинения.
    Прошу поругать похвалить, при этом хочу заметить, что

1. Читал все доступные материлы о мто как писать сочинения - просто пока нет практики
    2. Также скачал и использовал при написании книку "Writing Proficienty"

Тема: Во многих странах запрещено содержание домашних животных в квартире. Правильно это или нет?

[code]

Even though, human beings have kept pets since ancient centuries, nowadays, in some countries, it s forbidden to have a pet in urban flat.
    One main advantage of keeping pets is that the most popular pet – dog- can protect your home from burglars, and in some criminal suburbs it is only way to save you house.
    The other reason of allowing keeping animals at home is the fact, that most of the older people have nobody to talk with, except their pets. Scientists agree that cats can normalize blood pressure and decrease probability of heart attack.
    Although pets can be very useful in some reasons, it can not be denied that animals do not understand rules of our society and they can disturb neighbors by, for example, barking or yelling during the night. Some sorts of parrots have habit to sing at the early morning, and there is no way to make them stop singing.
    A further common criticism of keeping pets is the fact that there are a lot of accidents, when big dog bite innocent people and even children. The cause of those accidents is that dog owners do not use dog-leads on order to protect other people.
    On the whole, it can be concluded that pets could be good helpers, but they are not human beings and sometimes they can be very annoying and even deadly dangerous. Anyway, I am sure that it is not necessary to ban keeping pet, we just need special rules describe responsibility of the pet owners, and regulate animal behaviors.

[/code]

Заранее спасибо!
    Never give up!

When do I use two paragraphs or three paragraphs in the body? When do I use 3773 or 35553? It depends on your ideas.
     Use TWO paragraphs (3773) if you are giving both sides of the argument or situation - one paragraph for, and one against (or the opposite).
     Use THREE paragraphs if you are only giving one side.
    "Первый признак лучевой болезни: Хочется жрать, спать и кажется, что мало платят."

Comment

Re: Writing - попытка номер 4 - пишем сочинение

Сообщение от Zlobnii_Sashka
      Здравствуйте!

Тренирую writing - написание сочинения.
      Прошу поругать похвалить, при этом хочу заметить,
      Заранее спасибо!
      It's really outstanding! You've got the idea! The essay likely has a structure, though, not very straight, but it has!
      IMHO, it looks much better now, however, there are some points which cannot be concealed at any rate, namely:
      1) 'human beings have kept' => have been keeping. I believe it would be better.
      2) avoid to repeat 'pet' and other words in each sentence. Try to paraphrase the word, put different word of same meaning like domestic animals, minion, 'cat', 'dog', etc as you've done
      3) 'reason of allowing keeping animals' - strange construction to my mind.
      4) Some sentences are built very doubtful, non-english, for example consider: 'The other reason...'
      5) 'can be very useful ?in some reasons?' -> in some circumstances?
      6) 'it can not be denied' -> it cannot be concealed, pass over in silence; hold back; hush up; dissemble, noticed
      7) 'that there are a lot of accidents' -> there are lots of ... or there is a lot of ...
      'big dog bite' -> big dog bites
      9) 'rules describe responsibility' -> to describe ... or describing ...
      10) ' regulate animal behaviors' -> lexical error

To sum up, I'd say it was rather good. To make it more fluent to read, please consider the following tips:
      a) It's better to start each paragraph with opening phrase containing an idea of paragraph, then, give some sentences to support your idea.
      b) use some personal examples
      c) choose you own model of essay to write. 'cause there is a lack of time and no chance to write it a new, think twice
      d) rephrasing, rephrasing and rephrasing...

Comment

Реломендую следующую структуру (она сейчас наиболее часто используется в новых английских учебниках. Не в Саксэсфул Райтинг - он достаточно академичен и больше подходит для ангельских ВУЗов. Да и староват...). Структура эта поможет очень легко вкладываться во временные ограничения и сделать текст удобным для проверки - что немаловажно, скажем, пол балла добавит. Итак, ВСТУПЛЕНИЕ - тут все как всегда. Основные идеи изложены в Саксэсфул Райтинг. ТЕЛО состоит из двух пораграфов. В ПЕРВОМ вы описываете все, что НЕ совпадет с вашей позицией в ЗАКЛЮЧЕНИИ. Во ВТОРОМ - соответственно то что совпадет. В конце ЗАКЛЮЧЕНИЕ. Тут все зависит от типа эссе (да и вступление тоже). Все обилие связок используете внутри параграфа. Главное, не переборщить - не все они подходят для внутреннего использования. Что-нить попроще What is more, in addition. Ну и примеры... Не злоупотребляйте связками. Для английского препода их обилие будет очень заметно. Нужен минимум - 3-4. Вы ведь пишите одно сочинение. И каждый раз только одно Избегайте whould если нет conditional. Ну и постарайтесь немног из граматики ввернуть, тот же conditional... Проще, все проще. В этом плане очень помогает книга для подготовки к ТОЭФЛ - ну да это лично мое мнение, как, впрочем, и все вышеизложенное.
        (2 последних теста - райтинг 7)

Comment

Сообщение от maxoid
          (2 последних теста - райтинг 7)
          А с русским-то что?

Comment

Уважаемый (ая) jenja! Простите, не уверен в вашем поле! Если хотите пособачиться, то может быть в другом месте? И перед этим внимательно свой английский перечитайте....
            А насчет моего русского.... Если у Вас работа хоть немного была бы связана с компьютером (не имею в ввиду офисную, бухгалтерскую...) то вы бы вопросов не задавали, ошибки эти в раскладку занесены, ну если два языка пользуешь. А так я знаете ли по русски не очень много общаюсь... Но если хотите пособачиться....

Comment

Я думаю "собачиться" все-таки не стоит
              logged out ®

Comment

Сообщение от fuzcen
                Я думаю "собачиться" все-таки не стоит
                хех, а можно было бы... только как это делается?

К чему такие эмоции, maxoid? я все прекрасно понимаю. Извините, если задел. Это была не более чем шютка.

Comment

Сообщение от jenja
                  It's really outstanding! You've got the idea! The essay likely has a structure, though, not very straight, but it has!
                  Thank you very much for supporting me. BTW Have you passed the exam already?
                  But I didn't catch some of your ideas

Сообщение от jenja
                  You know, I'd been thinking a lot before wrote this. And I decided to write "have kept" because I use "since" .
                  As I know, the rule is pretty simple -
                  I have been sleeping for a five hours.
                  I have slept since 12 am.

Сообщение от jenja
                  4) Some sentences are built very doubtful, non-english, for example consider: 'The other reason...'
                  What's wrong with it?

Сообщение от jenja
                  What do you mean?

In conclusion, thank you again. You advises really help me.
                  Never give up!

Comment

BTW Have you passed the exam already?
                    Aha. W - 7

You know, I'd been thinking a lot before wrote this. And I decided to write "have kept" because I use "since" .
                    As I know, the rule is pretty simple -
                    I have been sleeping for a five hours.
                    I have slept since 12 am.
                    That is not quite right, though, it is possible to use both forms here. While Present Perfect is neutral and gives us a fact that they kept animals and have an ability to do so further, Perfect Continuous emphasises the duration of state and says that situation is about to change. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. It's not a strict advice, just consider these:
                    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...ntperfect.html
                    http://www.englishtenseswithcartoons...erfectCont.htm
                    http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/...ontinuous.html

What's wrong with it?
                    'The other reason of allowing keeping animals at home is the fact, that most of the older people have nobody to talk with, except their pets.'

'of allowing keeping' -> strange construction. Why do you use here gerund form whatever? Allowing = allowance?
                    'most of the older people' - most old people as a majority of old people; why did you put there 'older', 'the people' and 'most of'?
                    'expect their ...' -> excepting their...
                    Try to correct forms and split sentence into two independent clauses, then, stick them together with one of the connective words, and you'll get much more readable construction.

There is another reason to allow animals to be kept at home. Apart from pets, most old people just have nobody to speak with.
                    OR
                    The other reason to allow the animal keeping at home is a social problem. Most old people just have nobody to speak with excepting their pets.
                    =
                    The other reason to allow animals to be kept at home is that the majority of old people just have nobody else but their pets to speak with.
                    It's 28 words vs your 26 word non-english variant.
                    And I can certainly do it in more words by using different adverbs and adjectives.

What do you mean?
                    I meant how could you regulate animal behaviors by law if they, as you said, are not human beings? Perhaps, you need something else to correctly express you point. Otherwise, it looks like you haven't got words enough to give the clear explanation.

Comment

Сообщение от jenja
                      Aha. W - 7

That is not quite right, though, it is possible to use both forms here. While Present Perfect is neutral and gives us a fact that they kept animals and have an ability to do so further, Perfect Continuous emphasises the duration of state and says that situation is about to change. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. It's not a strict advice, just consider these:

OK, I see you point of view.. but..
                      Just look at the next link

http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/presentperfect.html

and you'll see there the next sentence..

My English has really improved since I moved to Australia.

So, I'm not quite sure, what kind of form should we use here...
                      Never give up!

Comment

Сообщение от Zlobnii_Sashka
                        Сообщение от jenja
                        Aha. W - 7

OK, I see you point of view.. but..
                        Just look at the next link

http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/presentperfect.html

and you'll see there the next sentence..

My English has really improved since I moved to Australia.

So, I'm not quite sure, what kind of form should we use here...
                        Yes, you're right. But, please, do not choose tense followed conjunction or adverb like 'since' is.
                        As you see, 'since' could easily be used in both tenses:

James has been teaching at the University since June

And that means 'James' started teaching in the past and continue it in the present
                        OR
                        'James' has recently stopped doing this.

I mean some words are not indicators of tense at all.
                        As I said, both tenses are applicable in your case, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                        X