Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Ну и в догонку одно официальное письмо. Наверное для большинства их писать легче... Но мне они даются с трудом. Письма к друзьям даже вспоминать не буду...

You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have some problems. Write a letter to your new employer. In your letter:
    - explain situation
    - describe your problems
    - tell him/her when you think you can start

Dear Mr. Smith,

I am writing to inform you that I will not be able to commence my work at Baxt LM next Monday (15 April), as we previously agreed. I would like to extend my profound apologies for the inconvenience caused and I hope you will understand my reasons.

My uncle has become sick with lung cancer and as the only close relative in the city, I have moral obligation to look after him. He will need special care in the first phase of his treatment, which requires a caregiver to stay by his side day and night.

As a matter of fact, his children are informed and are in the process of arranging their leaves of absence. I am expecting one of them to replace me no later than in a month.
    Therefore I would like to ask your kind permission to allow me to postpone the starting date of my employment till middle of next month, 15 May.

I apologize for a short notice and hope for favourable consideration of my request.

Yours sincerely,
    XXX

1. Уберите и навсегда забудьте As a matter of fact в официальной переписке.
    2. till middle of next month --> till the middle
    3. И в данном контексте я бы наверное использовала defer вместо postpone
    4. for a short notice --> for such a short notice

Комментарии by Maimiti_Isabella
    Январь 2015 L8.5 R8 W6.5 S8.5 (O8)
    Апрель 2015 L9 R9 W7.5 S8.5 (O8.5)

Comment

• Мулан, спасибо большое.

Comment

• Уважаемые форумчане!
        Буду очень благодарна, если прокомментируете мое эссе. Сдавала 18.04.2015 экзамен, этот раздел сдала на 6,0. Хотелось бы понять, что нужно улучшать на будущее. Заранее всем благодарна
        Deforestation caused by human activity is happening in many parts of the world, with serious results for the environment. What do you think can be done to solve this problem?
        Today the humanity has many challenges, which make the existence of it quite fragile. One of the most serious ecological problems is deforestation, which is a result of both human activity and natural process. All regions around the world from the valley of the Amazon to mountains of North America are concerned by this problem, and ecologists constantly emphasize the necessity of solving it.
        To tackle the problem of deforestation, we should understand the reasons, which influence on this process. Firstly, decreasing of timberlands is a result of agricultural exploitation them during the history of mankind. Secondly, today many species of trees because of acidification of soil and air. Thirdly, annually forests suffer from fires and diseases. Finally, global warming led to changing of borders of natural zones and this makes the growing of some species impossible. Moreover, trees often can not grow in the places after negative people activity without a special recultivation work.
        Looking for the problem solution, we should see several aspects. Some strategies, such as control of global warming and air combination, have long-term affect. The governments should plan measures for decrease of the amount of greenhouse gases and manage of agricultural lands using. The short-term strategy includes prediction and control of fires, recultivation of lands, increase of forest areas through plantation forest with adapted species of trees. Of course, one of the most important aspects of forest protection if coordination between all countries and comprehensive investigations of environmental conditions.
        In conclusion, the problem of deforestation is one of the most discussed ecological problems, which shows the level of urban pressure into environment. Solving of the problem, the governments should cooperate for investigations, fire control, battle with global warming and air pollution and create new forest areas.

Comment

• Буду очень благодарна, если прокомментируете мое эссе. Сдавала 18.04.2015 экзамен, этот раздел сдала на 6,0. Хотелось бы понять, что нужно улучшать на будущее. Заранее всем благодарна
          Я еще даже не сдавал, но не могу молчать.

1) РУинглиш. Я английский учил только самостоятельно + была разговорная практика. Но очень много речевых оборотов и подбор слов даже мне бросаются в глаза. Учите английский)).

2) Пунктуация. У них другие правила - ничего сложного, но потратьте время, изучите.

3) Task response. Зачем вы второй параграф посвятили причинам, про них ведь не спросили? Мне кажется, это оффтопик
          Last edited by come_on!; 10.05.2015, 21:59.

Comment

• Спасибо огромное за мнение! Буду стараться исправлять(

Comment

• come_on!,
              Сообщение от come_on! Посмотреть сообщение
              РУинглиш
              Здравствуйте! Выделите, пожалуйста, этот руинглиш. В каких предложенях он есть?
              спасибо

Comment

• Сообщение от nata22 Посмотреть сообщение
                come_on!,

Здравствуйте! Выделите, пожалуйста, этот руинглиш. В каких предложенях он есть?
                спасибо
                Буквально в каждом. Вот, в первом предложении:

Today the humanity has many challenges, which make the existence of it quite fragile.

1) Humanity - я встречал только как гуманизм или как преступления против человечества. Humankind получше, думаю. + Пусть знатоки поправят, но в моем понимании артикль перед humanity в любом случае не нужен.

2) has many challenges - мне кажется, очень некрасиво. Face challenges мне больше нравится.

3) make the existence of it quite fragile. Fragile existence? Да и весь оборот странный. Я бы сказал threaten/jeopardize the future - это просто и понятно.

Уточню - объективно я никак не надеюсь по writing получить больше 7,5. Но в данном эссе английский еще хуже моего.

Comment

• come_on!, спасибо

Comment

• come_on спасибо за критику. Ну и конечно согласна, что нужно учить язык.

Comment

• Я 3$ за проверку эссе(250 слов) платил, когда готовился к IELTS. Нужна системность, понимаете? Если готовишься к экзамену, надо писать эссе и описывать графики ПЕРИОДИЧЕСКИ. А для этого у проверяющего должна быть заинтересованность. 3$/эссе- небольшие деньги за систематичность, правда?

Comment

• Добрый день.
                        Читаю форум давно, английский учу с января сего года.Стоит цель сдать IELTS Academic. Учу грамматику и набираюсь словарного запаса. Эссе пишу впервые. Если не затруднит, покритикуйте мою писанину)) Буду очень благодарна.

Some people say that education system is the only critical factor to development of a country. To what extend do you agree or disagree with this ststement.

It is generally accepted that education is one of the most important component of the country 's development. Nevertheless, there are a lot of other factors which impact on prosperity of countries.

The first thing that needs to be said, that country's geographic location, climate and natural resources have significant influence on country's development. In fact, if state has a good location next to the sea and tight neighbourship with other countries, all this factors can give immense opportunities for trading and other economic contacts. Besides, the cropland and rich soil, if it is supplemented by the good climate, can lead to harvest and not only able to provide all population, but sell some part of the crop. Moreover, other natural resources like rivers, lakes and minerals can provide additional advantages. After all, it would be easier and quickly to sucseed for nations if they have a lot of natural resources.

In contrast, other people do not agree with this affirmative and think that only education and knowledge can lead the country to prosperity and well-being. County could not use their natural resources without people who were studying well and have a profound knowledge in different areas of science. Because scientists invent all ways of mining and processing of the final product. All technological achievements could be more profitable in modern world. Doubtlessly, only wise usage of the good location by politicians and economists brings stable development to countries.

In conclusion, reflecting all pros and cons of mentioned opinions, I agree with statement that education is the most important side to development of a country.
                        Last edited by spetsmash; 12.05.2015, 23:19.

Comment

• Сообщение от spetsmash Посмотреть сообщение
                          Добрый день.
                          Читаю форум давно, английский учу с января сего года.Стоит цель сдать IELTS Academic. Учу грамматику и набираюсь словарного запаса. Эссе пишу впервые. Если не затруднит, покритикуйте мою писанину)) Буду очень благодарна.

Some people say that education system is the only critical factor to development of a country. To what extend do you agree or disagree with this ststement.
                          Я не большой специалист, но сразу вижу ситуацию с Task Response:
                          В задании просят написать Opinion essay, а вы пишете Discuss+Opinion, причем абзац против вашего мнения больше, чем абзац в его защиту. Для такого задания следует обозначить свое мнение и extend во вступлении, после чего аргументировать его в body и еще раз повторить в заключении.

Еще мне кажется, вы немного перебираете со словами-связками, с них начинается практически каждое предложение. Cohesion - это не только использования связок.

Vocab вроде бы неплох.
                          Last edited by provik; 13.05.2015, 00:11.
                          26/03/15: ACS 263111 | 30/04/15: IELTS L9/R9/W7/S8 | 06/07/15: Visa Lodged | 30/10/2015: Visa granted
                          02/06/16: BNE

Comment

• provik, спасибо за столь оперативный ответ

Я как раз читаю ACE for IELTS, может расставлю все точки над содержанием к каждому виду эссе.
                            Т.е. в этом виде эссе я должна писать только свое мнение и support ideas?

Comment

• Сообщение от spetsmash Посмотреть сообщение
                              provik, спасибо за столь оперативный ответ

Я как раз читаю ACE for IELTS, может расставлю все точки над содержанием к каждому виду эссе.
                              Т.е. в этом виде эссе я должна писать только свое мнение и support ideas?
                              Да, здесь не просят анализировать разные точки зрения, а только сообщить свою. Почитайте книгу Mike Wattie про эссе, мне она понравилась больше всего в плане объяснения TR.
                              26/03/15: ACS 263111 | 30/04/15: IELTS L9/R9/W7/S8 | 06/07/15: Visa Lodged | 30/10/2015: Visa granted
                              02/06/16: BNE

Comment

• provik,спасибо большое)

Comment

Working...
                                X