How to translate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• How to translate?

Our cheef invited us to a presentation. He said that all employees have to attend it. Unfortunately, I cannot attend the presentation. His answer was:

"You should do your best to attend the presentation."

How to translate this phrase?
    G'day.ru и HEKOT: 10 лет вместе, и всё ещё не в психушке (по крайней мере, НЕКОТ)!

http://lingvo.yandex.ru/en?text=do+o...st_translate=1

Comment

Re: How to translate?

Сообщение от hekot
      Our cheef invited us to a presentation. He said that all employees have to attend it. Unfortunately, I cannot attend the presentation. His answer was:

Ну это же очевидно: "Ты должен сделать свое наилучшим образом чтобы посетить презентецию"

А если серьезно:
      "Очень постарайся попасть на презентацию"
      "The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn`t commit when he had the opportunity." (c)

Comment

Огромадное спасибо!

Я догадывался, что это именно так
        G'day.ru и HEKOT: 10 лет вместе, и всё ещё не в психушке (по крайней мере, НЕКОТ)!

Comment

Сообщение от hekot

Вообще-то, "do your best" значит "сделать все от тебя зависящее".

Не знали?

Comment

Сообщение от ssp
            Сообщение от hekot

Не знали?
            А try your best?
            Я вообще по идиомам предлагал общение открыть...

Comment

Here it is an example from “Everyday English talks for mariners”.

- I’ve come to say goodbye.
              - Does it mean you are not going to load our vessel now?
              - I’m afraid we haven’t got any more cargo for your vessel in the port at the moment.
              - That’s too bad. If you don’t load any cargo by 9 o’clock tomorrow, we’ll be on demurrage.
              - Don’t worry about that. I’ll do my best to get some cargo by midnight. Bye
              - See you soon.
              "Первый признак лучевой болезни: Хочется жрать, спать и кажется, что мало платят."

Comment

Сообщение от ssp
                Сообщение от hekot

Не знали?
                Не, не знал. Спасибо!

Comment

Сообщение от hekot
                  Не, не знал. Спасибо!
                  Теперь, когда начальник будет строго спрашивать "как дело продвигается", смело говори
                  I'll do my best!

Я тоже не знала, пока к репетитору не начала ходить на бизнес-инглиш.
                  А она обожает всякие идиомы и все время их значимость повторяет.

Comment

Dear ssp.
                    I wonder it is a cross-breed of usual domestic cat & siamese one at your avatar isn’t it? Am I right?
                    "Первый признак лучевой болезни: Хочется жрать, спать и кажется, что мало платят."

Comment

Сообщение от Yegor
                      Dear ssp.
                      I wonder it is a cross-breed of usual domestic cat & siamese one at your avatar isn’t it? Am I right?
                      Это "Невский маскарадный" Смесь сиамского и сибирского.
                      Замечательно душевный кот с золотым характером и огромными голубыми умными глазами.

В любимой позе

Comment

As for me I‘d prefer to keep at home cross bread of usual red cat and siamese. Their color becomes peachy and it looks very nice. But their character is very cruel so my sister’s cat has scratched all of my neighbors. He usually lies at the entrance of the building and everyone tries to stroke him but he scratches them at ones.

Comment

Сообщение от Yegor
                          As for me I‘d prefer to keep at home cross bread of usual red cat and siamese. Their color becomes peachy and it looks very nice. But their character is very cruel so my sister’s cat has scratched all of my neighbors. He usually lies at the entrance of the building and everyone tries to stroke him but he scratches them at ones.
                          Если я правильно понял, Вы любите кошек...
                          Может Вы на них будете оттачивать Ваш английский?

Comment

Сообщение от Yegor
                            Dear ssp.
                            Эта... по-моему, утвердительные предложения не начинаются с "I wonder"...
                            Justice is always violent to the party offending, for every man is innocent in his own eyes.

Comment

Сообщение от nixxxin
                              Сообщение от Yegor
                              Dear ssp.
                              Эта... по-моему, утвердительные предложения не начинаются с "I wonder"...
                              Начинаются. Только надо добавить if во второй части предложения. Ну, и конечно, вопросительный знак не уместен.

Comment

Working...
                              X