Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• [rcf], вас жеж вроде не просят оценить много ли тратят на космос. Зачем же вы это делаете в первой параграфе? Непонятно.

Я бы сначала согласился, что эти деньги могли бы помочь людям на земле. Привёл бы примеры и сказал, что мол понятно почему многие дисапрув траты на космос.

Во второй параграфе написал бы про то, что вклад в космос это вклад в будующее. Опять же примеры - нехватка ресурсов, рост температуры и т.д. и т.п.

Ну и ту сам ап, понятны обе точки зрения и какой-либо вывод, который вам ближе.

Comment

• Всем доброго времени суток. Я как-то на этом форуме ссылку видел на табличку, которая показывала суммарный бал за райтинг при различных значениях баллов за первый и второй таск. Только не могу ее что-то опять найти. Кто-нибудь может поделиться? Спасибо.

Comment

• Сообщение от dslinkov87 Посмотреть сообщение
        табличку, которая показывала суммарный бал за райтинг при различных значениях баллов за первый и второй таск
        оффициальные источники говорят, что таск 2 весит в два раза больше чем таск 1. То есть, берете оценка за таск 1, прибавляете удвоенная оценка за таск 2, делите на три и округляете до 0.5. Если считать лень или например вы не умеете, можно воспользоваться табличкой из неофициального источника. Однако стопроцентная точность данных в табличке ни я ни её автор гарантировать не можем.
        Last edited by Vanderley; 17.02.2013, 17:53.

Comment

• Спасибо. Именно то, что я искал. А ведь в письме кроется большущий потенциал для улучшения баллов за райтинг, хотя многие недооценивают это. Ведь, по идее, научиться писать письма на 8 - более быстрый и более механический процесс, чем вытягивать эссе на 7.

Comment

• Ну не знаю. Про недооценивают в принципе согласен. Письмо изначально написать проще, вот люди и тратят на подготовку к нему миниму времени.

Про письма на 8 и эссе на 7 не совсем согласен. Клише для письма конечно можно выучить и юзать. Но на фоне красивых клише страдающий английский лучше заметен и мне кажется экзаменатор на красоту не клюнет. Хотя это всё конечно относительно.

Comment

• Здравствуйте. Попытка тренировки письма. Пожалуйста, дайте оценку. Thanks in advance!
              Task: Imagine you are on an adventure holiday. Write a letter to a friend.

Hi Sergey,

How are you? How about your idea to go trekking across Australia? Are you still determined to do it or you backed out?

Anyway, I’m enjoying my vacation here in Sydney. I’ve been here with my family for a week. Guess who I met yesterday. Unbelievably, it was Benedict Allen who was exploring Australia’s rainforests. I came across him in the early morning when I was on an excursion through the Daintree.

By the way, do you remember who he is? Let me remind you, it’s an extremely famous person, who crossed the Amazon forest with no map or compass. Moreover, he trekked across the Arctic and made journeys across the Gobi and Namib deserts on foot.

I had a conversation with him and I would like to say that, despite all his achievements, he’s still a very kind and sociable person. He told me lots of exciting stories about his trips.

Well, I must finish - it’s time to have dinner.

All the best,

Volodymyr

Comment

• Оцените еще одно, пожалуйста:
                Task: You would like to get a book by your favourite writer but it was not available at your local bookstore. Write an email to the publisher in which you will explain that you have tried to get the book at your local store . Ask if it possible to buy the book directly from the publisher. Ask about the postage cost.

Dear Mr Johnson,

I am extremely interested in a book called `A crazy teacher` by Jim Smith, that was published last month by your publishing house.

When I discovered about the new book on a TV commercial, I immediately visited the nearest bookstore in order to purchase a hard copy of it. I was told by a shop assistant that the last copy was sold recently. He advised me to check in the main shop of their chain, that is situated in the centre of the city. As soon as I approached it, my offer to sell me a book was refused, because it was out of stock. I was advised by a person, who served me, to obtain an electronic copy on the Internet. That’s a valuable advice, but I would like to have a printed copy of the book in my collection. Therefore, you are my last chance of getting the book.

I wonder if I could order a book directly from you? I would also like to know how many days the delivery will take? Could you tell me whether you have an opportunity to send me the parcel by UPS and how much will it cost?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

Volodymyr

Comment

• Сообщение от Vyacheslav16 Посмотреть сообщение
                  Моё второе эссе. Над первым еще собираюсь поработать и выложить исправленный вариант. Буду весьма благодарен за обоснованные замечания.

The threat of nuclear weapons maintains world peace. Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy.

The benefits of nuclear technology far outweigh the disadvantages.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nuclear bomb has been invented. Peaceful atom is used in nuclear power stations. Some people believe that the benefits of nuclear technology far outweigh the disadvantages.

In my opinion, the drawbacks of nuclear technology are too dangerous not to be taken into account. I believe nuclear power can be a real nightmare for the whole mankind. It is not just a theory anymore. People of Japan and the former USSR had an opportunity to confirm the fact, since they have endured a nuclear bomb attack and a nuclear power station catastrophe respectively. Some powerful countries are proud of having nuclear weapons. However, it is terrible to imagine what may come if a mad ruler decides to use them. It would be the end of the world if a nuclear war would start. People, who are aware of the danger, live with permanent fear of it. In addition, all the living beings can perish if nuclear power stations start breaking. God gave much wisdom to a man for creating such a complex thing by which he can destroy himself. Is not this somewhat paradoxical?

Beyond all doubts, people have gained much benefit of using nuclear energy. It is clean and comparatively not so expensive. If only I were sure that it always would be used for good and no accidents would ever happen, I would become a preacher of the technology. Unfortunately, I cannot but admit this unreal. Anyway, since nuclear energy exists people must do their best in using it with the utmost care.

In conclusion, the use of nuclear technology is very dangerous. I guess many people could agree with the fact if they had stayed alive. Can their lives be measured by money economized on energy?

Всего слов: 288.
                  Мне в вашей эссе не нравится следующее:
                  • Проблемы со связностью. Большие. У вас почти нету ни линкеров ни референсов. Каждое предложение, за исключением первого в параграфе, должно быть связано с каким-либо из предыдущих. Возьмём ваше вступление
                    Nuclear bomb has been invented. Peaceful atom is used in nuclear power stations. Some people believe that the benefits of nuclear technology far outweigh the disadvantages.
                    В хорошо связанной эссе часть цветных фраз была бы одинаковой, плюс где-то были бы линкеры. У вас этого нету, поэтому это всё очень похоже на набор предложений про ядерные хрени. Это самый яркий пример, но дальше эти проблемы тоже присутствуют.
                  • Непропорциональные параграфы.
                  • Много мелких предложений. На 7 так нельзя.
                  • Употребление личных местоимений больше одного раза и в виде отличном от I think/I believe. Пишу об этом в своих комментах постоянно, но все равно люди пихают I, my, you и иже. Эххх.
                  • Вопросы. Многие не советуют их использовать. Неизвестно как на это посмотрит экзаменатор.Так что to be on the safe side ...

Comment

• Сообщение от Vladimir_S Посмотреть сообщение
                    Здравствуйте. Попытка тренировки письма. Пожалуйста, дайте оценку. Thanks in advance!
                    Task: Imagine you are on an adventure holiday. Write a letter to a friend.
                    А дальше-то что? Задание какое? - нет задание, нет ответа. Я не могу даже говорить о TA, потому как самого task и нет!

Hi Sergey,

How are you? How about your idea to go trekking across Australia? Are you still determined to do it or you backed out?

Anyway, I’m enjoying my vacation here in Sydney. I’ve been here with my family for a week. Guess who I met yesterday?
                    До сюда хорошо. Хорошее вступление. А все что дальше в основном перевод с русского. Т.е. письмо совершенно не выдержен стиль, неправильно подброны выражения и т.д.

Unbelievably ????, it was Benedict Allen who was exploring Australia’s rainforests. I came across him in the early morning when I was on an excursion ??? through the Daintree.

By the way, do you remember who he is? Let me remind you -too formal and absolutely inappropriate, it’s an extremely ??? famous person, who crossed the Amazon forest with no map or compass. Moreover too formal and absolutely inappropriate, he trekked across the Arctic and made journeys across the Gobi and Namib deserts on foot.

I had a conversation with him and I would like to say that too formal and absolutely inappropriate, you don't need a comma here: it's a mistake despite all his achievements, he’s still a very kind and sociable person. He told me lots of exciting stories about his trips.

Well, I must finish - it’s time to have dinner.
                    you need to get 'back' here to your friend. Something like Hope to see you soon / hope to hear from you soon, etc or Anyway, what are you up to these days/ How are you doing these days? , etc

All the best,

Volodymyr
                    и в качестве 'подарка'
                    he’s still a very kind and sociable person --> he's a really down to earth person

Comment

• Maimiti_Isabella, Спасибо большое. Так сказать "приземлили". Понял, что над General English еще работать и работать. Пожалуйста, оцените второе. Спасибо.

Comment

Maimiti_Isabella, Спасибо большое. Так сказать "приземлили". Понял, что над General English еще работать и работать. Пожалуйста, оцените второе. Спасибо.
                        Это не английский как таковой. Это стиль и умение выражать свои мысли 'не по учебнику'. И кстати, где вообще ваше Adventure Holiday - никаких таких adventure в вашем письме не упоминается!

Если честно, то я всегда считала, что для представителей очень многих стран, написать письмо по английски (не путать с 'на английском') гораздо сложнее, чем описать график в Academic IELTS.

2-ое сейчас посмотрю.
                        Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 18.02.2013, 21:49.

Comment

Оцените еще одно, пожалуйста:
                          Task: You would like to get a book by your favourite writer but it was not available at your local bookstore. Write an email to the publisher in which you will explain that you have tried to get the book at your local store . Ask if it possible to buy the book directly from the publisher. Ask about the postage cost.

Dear Mr Johnson,

I am extremely interested in a book called `A crazy teacher` by Jim Smith, that was published last month by your publishing house.
                          Такая же история. У вас хорошее вступление, а дальше.... Кстати, вы 2-ой раз совершенно не к месту употребляете extremely - научитесь обходится без этого слова --> really

When I discovered ???? about the new book on a TV commercial, I immediately visited the nearest bookstore in order to purchase a hard copy of it (cut). I was told by a shop assistant that the last copy was sold recently (--> Past Perfect: had been recently / just sold). He advised me to check in (--> with) the main shop of their chain, that is situated (cut) in the centre of the city. As soon as I approached it, my offer to sell me ??? (who offered what? --> request) a book was refused (it couldn't have been refused because it was out of stock. Check the usage of 'refuse' in a good dictionary) , because it was out of stock. I was advised by a person, (no comma required) who served me, (no comma required) to obtain an electronic copy on the Internet. That’s a valuable advice, ??? (Are you being sarcastic - this is absolutely inappropriate!) but I would like to have a printed copy of the book in my collection. Therefore, you are my last chance of getting the book.

I wonder if I could order a (--> the) book directly from you? I would also like to know how many days the delivery will take? Could you tell me whether you have an opportunity ??? to send me the parcel by UPS and how much will it cost?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

Volodymyr

Начните с правил по постановке запятых в английском языке.

Можете начать от сюда: (page 1): http://www.gday.ru/forum/members/mai...ctuation-1.jpg
                          (page 2): http://www.gday.ru/forum/members/mai...ctuation-2.jpg

PS - you answered the task.

Comment

• Maimiti_Isabella, спасибо за уделенное мне время и за страницы о пунктуации. И вообще за ваше отношение к участникам форума. Что касается меня, то только начал осваивать уровень Intermediate, но распирало любопыство понять на что способен сейчас. Спасибо "остудили". Беру в руки букварь и продолжаю совершенствоваться... )

Comment

Maimiti_IsabellaЧто касается меня, то только начал осваивать уровень Intermediate, но распирало любопыство понять на что способен сейчас. Спасибо "остудили". Беру в руки букварь и продолжаю совершенствоваться... )
                              Я не люблю судить уровень английского по письму, но если 'судить', то Intermediate у вас уже есть. Вы эссе пишете? Выложите сюда одно какое-нибудь, чтобы посмотреть ваш реальный уровень английского. И если решите выложить, дайте знать какой балл вам нужен.

кстати, я совсем забыла, что были недовольные качеством вложения по пунктуации.

Так что держите doc. файл.

Что-то я не могу понять, загрузился он или нет. Если нет, то можно взять вот здесь: http://www.gday.ru/forum/ielts/45491...ml#post2641979
                              Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 18.02.2013, 22:27.

Comment

• Maimiti_Isabella, спасибо. Эссе не пытался писать, т.к. считал, что рановато для меня и необходимо хотябы Intermediate освоить. Обязательно попытаюсь и продемонстрирую.

Comment

Working...
                                X