для общения на английском

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Сообщение от jenja
    Nope, I've grasped your idea quite clearly. Perhaps you are right. While the right balance of required and offered skills goes without saying, the issue is open: how to respond to a job ad? I'm talking about a technique to build a bridge. How do you usually interact with an employer when you come across some job opening you're interested in?
    I'm absolutely happy with your point - the best fit is enough. It saves time and efforts.
    You see there is no balance. You either match criterias or don't get the job. It's simple like that. There are hundreds other people waiting in line.

It's not only matter of matching criterias but also showing your excellence in each required skill. It's like advertising yourself. Think about yourself like a product you want to sell with the best price. What would you do to show that you are better than others?

Well it is not an easy job to rewrite your resume for each position, takes time and concentration. The easier way is to write a kind of universal resume and apply for positions where your skills cover the requirements more closely. But if the position is really good then it is worth rewriting resume.

If you want to find out more about the position then call the agent.
    You have been down there Neo. You know that road. You know exactly where it ends. And I know that's not where you want to be.

Comment

• Okay. Let's simplify the issue: How do you respond on a job ad?

Comment

• Сообщение от jenja
        Okay. Let's simplify the issue: How do you respond on a job ad?
        Here you can find some good hints.

http://it.seek.com.au/career-resources/index.ascx

Look for "Making key selection criteria easy" section. Covering selection criterias is usually required by goverment organisations. But if you learn this technique then you can successfully use it for any other company.

Basically when an employer reads through a resume he searches the skills and abilities he needs and when it is sorted in order then it is easier for him to make a disigion.

You cannot interact with an employer directly. First you go through an employment agent, then an HR officer. Employers are too busy to answer every call. You can talk to them only when you are invited to an interview. So your resume is an upportunity to be selected and invited.

To go successfully through an interview is another story.
        You have been down there Neo. You know that road. You know exactly where it ends. And I know that's not where you want to be.

Comment

Working...
        X