Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• ElenaVancouver, спасибо) Как много ошибок в маленьком письме похоже надо как некоторые начать переписывать шаблонные письма, чтобы наизусть устойчивые фразы зазубрить
    IELTS 21/01/2017
    L-8 R-8,5 W-6,5 S-7 O-7,5

Comment

• Прошу оценить эссе

Most people believe that the best way to spend holidays is by going abroad, staying at a hotel and enjoying the local attractions. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion and include relevant examples.
      There are different opinions in regard to the question of where people should spend their holidays. It is widely believed that going to foreign country is the best vacation. This essay will put forward this notion and an analysis of the usefulness of spending free time far from your home, especially abroad.

The main reason why people shouldn`t stay at the local place while they have holidays is that when they go to the other country they can visit a lot of interesting places, see famous attractions, feel culture and try food. All these things will be new for them, consequently they will get incredible impression and may be useful new knowledges and information. In my opinion, people who travel all their free time in contrast sitting home is always good conversationalists and also look very happy.

Another reason of visiting other countries is that a large number of people live in very cold and not beautiful places, may be because of work, and they need to change the vision of landscape. It would allow to feel a good weather with warm and not rough climate. For example, I can vividly remember that I was so glad when I moved from extremely cold to the handsome hot abroad place.

In conclusion, I completely agree that people should not stay at home in holidays and do nothing. After analyzing the subject, it has become quite evident that people on the vacation should aim to get some new information especially by visiting other countries it could make them happier and better rested.

Comment

• AndreThird, я не эксперт, но попробую - вы два раза употребили may be там где нужно maybe The difference between may be and maybe (grammar lesson)
        I moved from extremely cold to the handsome hot abroad place.
        Неа, что-то тут не так.
        I moved from extremely cold place to the handsome hot abroad one.
        В английском нельзя использовать прилагательные без существительного или его заменителя.
        As far as I'm concerned, handsome usually used for person or creature, not place.
        I completely agree that people should not stay at home in holidays and do nothing.
        on holidays
        doing nothing

After analyzing the subject, it has become quite evident that people on the vacation should aim to get some new information , especially by visiting other countries , it could make them happier and better rested.
        На мой взгляд тут напрашиваются запятыми т.к. эту часть можно извлечь из предложения без потери сути.
        Last edited by Yusik; 06.04.2017, 17:30.
        IELTS 21/01/2017

Comment

• Yusik, спасибо за ответ! Замечания учту. Это первое мое эссе, так сказать "проба пера".

Comment

• Содержание и форма очень неплохие, имхо
            IELTS 21/01/2017

Comment

• Сообщение от AndreThird Посмотреть сообщение
              Прошу оценить эссе

Most people believe that the best way to spend holidays is by going abroad, staying at a hotel and enjoying the local attractions. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion and include relevant examples.
              There are different opinions in regard to the question of where people should spend their holidays. It is widely believed that going to foreign country is the best vacation. This essay will put forward this notion and an analysis of the usefulness of spending free time far from your home, especially abroad.

The main reason why people shouldn`t stay at the local place while they have holidays is that when they go to the other country they can visit a lot of interesting places, see famous attractions, feel culture and try food. All these things will be new for them, consequently they will get incredible impression and may be useful new knowledges and information. In my opinion, people who travel all their free time in contrast sitting home is always good conversationalists and also look very happy.

Another reason of visiting other countries is that a large number of people live in very cold and not beautiful places, may be because of work, and they need to change the vision of landscape. It would allow to feel a good weather with warm and not rough climate. For example, I can vividly remember that I was so glad when I moved from extremely cold to the handsome hot abroad place.

In conclusion, I completely agree that people should not stay at home in holidays and do nothing. After analyzing the subject, it has become quite evident that people on the vacation should aim to get some new information especially by visiting other countries it could make them happier and better rested.
              Я на форуме не комментирую, только через личные сообщения. Но вы здесь новенький, и у вас нет требуемых 10 сообщений, так что немного нарушу свои же правила.

1. Откуда тема?
              Если тема действительно такая из официальных и проверенных источников - чему мне верится с трудом - то Ваше Conclusion совершенно не в тему.

2. Много проблем с vocabulary choices and word forms.

3. Если не будете заниматься английским систематически (не путать с подготовкой к IELTS), то есть хороший шанс, что эти проблемы станут fossilised, и, следовательно, практически неразрешимыми. Пример: to aim at: to aim at getting new information. или a reason for

4. Проблемы с пунктуацией в некоторых 'местах', например, с Consequently. Также я вижу по крайней мере один пример сomma splice, что не есть хорошо.

Что такое handsome hot abroad place - даже перевод на русский не помогает. Какое-то безумное многообразие прилагательных!

И т.д.

Comment

• Maimiti_Isabella,тему получил от преподавателя (native), у которого среди прочих есть сертификат "How to teach IELTS", что, впрочем, не делает эту тему официальной. Можете объяснить, что не так с заключением?
                Выкладываю исправленный преподавателем вариант
                Attached Files

Comment

Спасибо, что поделились. А как зовут преподавателя?
                  IELTS 21/01/2017

Comment

• Yusik,это Darren (и пишет, что ссылки запрещены) здесь его кажется, упоминали уже. Один урок пока был, ничего плохого сказать не могу.

Comment

[B] сертификат "How to teach IELTS",
                      Такого сертификата (= образовательного) не существует. - скорее всего это 2-часовой PD, да и то не в Австралии / Англии / Новой Зеландии.

Забираю свои слова обратно.

Нашла такой. Certificate of Completion. Не 2 часа. 15 - 25 hours of study
                      $39.50 Price

Комментарий по TR не было?

Я также не поняла, это был урок или просто проверка эссе?
                      Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 07.04.2017, 20:17.

Comment

• Нашла такую нестандартную тему для эссе, где ответ совсем неочевиден:
                        Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.
                        To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Долго изучала этот вопрос, нашла пару интересных статей.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors.../#3d400e442076
                        BBC - Future - Languages: Why we must save dying tongues
                        BBC - Today - The death of language?

In our century of globalization the diversity of languages diminishes at the terrible speed, and every year more than one of them vanish. Some people are not concerned much with this process, believing that the languages of minorities have no practical usefulness and that world will benefit by having only a few languages for communication. However, I radically disagree with this opinion and I am sure that preserving of rare languages is essential for the development of the humankind.

First of all, every tongue is important because it is an accumulated body of knowledge. The language of every nation or tribe reflects their unique pathways of thought and frameworks for thinking and solving problem. Often the words of certain language themselves contain information about the object they denote. Therefore, mastering the language gives access to the knowledge accumulated by the generations of people who lived in certain area and monitored the natural world around them.

Another argument for protecting the linguistic diversity is a crucial importance of each one of them as bedrock of the identity of the nation. The existence of nations as units compounding global society is necessary, because the nation itself is the best guardian for its own cultural legacy. Most of the people who do not have culturology as their profession have very superficial acquaintance with different nations’ culture and only of those nations that are widely represented by global media. Objectively, there is a huge amount of the data in the world, it is full of stories, and no one can keep all the diversity of them in the mind. Therefore, linguistic division is helpful for storing global knowledge separately, as books in different compartments of a library, and taking them out when they can be useful.

In conclusion, I believe that every language existing on the Earth is a valuable part of the knowledge store of humankind and every one of them needs nourishing and protection, because the linguistic diversity is what can provide the dynamic development of science and society.

Ваши мнения?
                        Last edited by Yusik; 07.04.2017, 22:09.
                        IELTS 21/01/2017

Comment

• Maimiti_Isabella, уроки проходят в следующем порядке: полчаса обсуждение письма и эссе и полчаса спикинг. За данное эссе, учитывая письмо, преподаватель поставил 6,5. Основные замечания от него были по грамматике.

Comment

Maimiti_Isabella, уроки проходят в следующем порядке: полчаса обсуждение письма и эссе и полчаса спикинг. За данное эссе, учитывая письмо, преподаватель поставил 6,5. Основные замечания от него были по грамматике.
                            Как я уже сказала, меня в данном эссе интересуют замечания и комментарии по TR, потому что исправить грамматику совсем native не нужен. Не исправления, а замечания и комментарии по TR.

Natives здорово помогают с TR и с выбором правильных слов потому что они знают, что говорят 'вот так', а не так как в учебнике написано. И потому что они пишут эссе и в школе, и университете и даже на Diploma courses в колледжах.

И в дополнение. Посмотрите как используется слово Consequently, т.е место и роль в предложении.

И две темы вам к обязательному изучению:
                            http://www.gday.ru/forum/ielts/20381...our-essay.html
                            и
                            http://www.gday.ru/forum/ielts/21900...F6-%F2%EE.html
                            Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 10.04.2017, 15:58.

Comment

• Vanderley, I'm so happy to see you here! Are you going to join us again?

Comment

• Over the next 2 weeks I'll be able to check 3 essays.

Please check out my requirements before sending your essays to my Personal Messages

As always, first-in, first-served

Please note:
                                если ваши эссе не 'тянут' по крайней мере на 6.5, то моя проверка мало чем вам поможет.

Эссе присылать только через личные сообщения. Ответ будет тоже только через личные сообщения. This means you need at least 10 postings to access personal messages.

Чуть не забыла добавить:
                                Eсли вы ждете, что я вас буду хвалить и гладить по головке, то лучше не присылать.
                                Если вы чувствительны к критике и у вас нежная душа, то лучше не присылать.
                                Если вы уверены, что ваш английский очень хороший, а IELTS - это все происки империализма и его цель не пустить в Австралию русских/российских/украинских и т.д. иммигрантов, то лучше не присылать.

I don't want to be responsible for your nervous breakdown
                                Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 10.04.2017, 22:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X