Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

Re: для общения на английском

Сообщение от Abor Mot
    Sometime, it's a funny to read, what they are thinking about us. I gonna put this book to the rest room - guess, will help to, whatever humans does in there....
    yup - cross-cultural communication tough stuff
    some people take it too seriously and write multivolume research papers on it without even having an opportunity to encounter a single foreigner

but why the restroom don't you think that after ten years you will miss this book?

Comment

Сообщение от masha
      Сообщение от Abor Mot
      Sometime, it's a funny to read, what they are thinking about us. I gonna put this book to the rest room - guess, will help to, whatever humans does in there....
      yup - cross-cultural communication tough stuff
      some people take it too seriously and write multivolume research papers on it without even having an opportunity to encounter a single foreigner

but why the restroom don't you think that after ten years you will miss this book?
      first. this men presents himself as an expert in mistrious russian souls - he was an ambassador for about 25 years, working in moscow and around.
      second. I'm not gonna use the book as a paper. I've alot of books in the restroom - it's a kind of a library, just reading, wasting time in there...
      A secret of success: Lxi ME, $$$; Sub RU; Add AU; Inx ACS; ADC IELTS; Push ALL; RET;
      ielts(+)

Comment

Сообщение от masha
        Сообщение от Змий
        If I understand your question correct you have to use "used to" in this sentence/
        'used to' means that it was in the past (she did smoke) and it's no more now (she doesn't smoke). But Abor Mot made it clear that it is about 'permanently smoking'
        I guess I didn't understand the question. So we should use present perfect continuous: Those women have been smoking since...(or for ... years)
        Всё вышесказанное - лишь личное мнение, но никак не руководство к действию.

Comment

Сообщение от Змий
          Сообщение от masha
          Сообщение от Змий
          If I understand your question correct you have to use "used to" in this sentence/
          'used to' means that it was in the past (she did smoke) and it's no more now (she doesn't smoke). But Abor Mot made it clear that it is about 'permanently smoking'
          I guess I didn't understand the question. So we should use present perfect continuous: Those women have been smoking since...(or for ... years)
          Glad you did not lost. Does anybody else participate to our trinity?
          Fil! Where are you lost? You told you have a classes... That's gonna be nice practice for you (and of course for us) to have interacting here. Sorry, sometime I'm experiencing some trouble to spelling the words. I know how does they sounds, but....
          PS corrected this post three times before remember some spelling of the words
          A secret of success: Lxi ME, $$$; Sub RU; Add AU; Inx ACS; ADC IELTS; Push ALL; RET;
          ielts(+)

Comment

Сообщение от Abor Mot
            Fil! Where are you lost? You told you have a classes... That's gonna be nice practice for you (and of course for us) to have interacting here. Sorry, sometime I'm experiencing some trouble to spelling the words. I know how does they sounds, but....
            don't push people to do smth - if they like it they'll join anyway
            and your troubles with spelling - since you've made it (i mean you've succeeded in remembering) it's just great

Comment

Сообщение от masha
              Сообщение от Abor Mot
              don't push people to do smth - if they like it they'll join anyway
              and your troubles with spelling - since you've made it (i mean you've succeeded in remembering) it's just great
              Gonna predict one thing: NOBODY living now in australia, join our conversation. They are to complexed and pride to make their mistakes of public trial.
              ielts(+)

Comment

Сообщение от Abor Mot
                Gonna predict one thing: NOBODY living now in australia, join our conversation. They are to complexed and pride to make their mistakes of public trial.
                guess you are wrong
                they have 'too much' English around to miss it that's why they'd like to cope with their Russian

Comment

... You can present your letters and essays here for general discussion and analysis of your mistakes...
                  sorry ... some of the corrections just slipped out while was reading this topic:

Сообщение от Abor Mot
                  I would say: participate IN.
                  (VERB + preposition)

well, also trinity is a group of three things or people, so access to this topic should be limited to three of us only in this case...

Сообщение от Abor Mot
                  Fil! Where are you lost?
                  he probably got lost in Sydney Underground ;0)..

Сообщение от Abor Mot
                  You told you have a classes...
                  could be: You told us that you had the classes
                  but it is OK to use "have" as it is still true, i.e. Fil still has english classes, hasn't he

Сообщение от Abor Mot
                  I know how does they sounds, but....
                  it was a typo, wasn't it
                  --------------------
                  correct me pls, if I was wrong.

Comment

Сообщение от Abor Mot
                    Сообщение от masha
                    Сообщение от Igor (FIL)
                    Данный топик служит только для общения на английском языке, обсуждения писем, эссе, анализа ошибок и т.п. Русские комментарии нежелательны.
                    guys, c'mon, let's have fun
                    taken together conversational practice and writing exercise can do you a lot of good
                    Ok, let's have... Question is: as I understood in the neighbor topic with my example, "smoked women" mean that somebody smoked her? Right way probable: "smoking women", how to say in a past tense about the permanently smoking women?
                    Let me put my five cents in. The way I see it, it must be like that. I'm not very good on grammar, but I will try.
                    I understood in the neighboring topic with an example that "smoked women" meant that somebody smoked her? Probable the right way to say it, was "smoking women". Is there a way to say about permanently smoking women in a past tense? Something like that.
                    My opinion is, try not to make long sentences. You can get mixed up.
                    [/i]

Comment

Сообщение от Vasia
                      I understood in the neighboring topic with an example that "smoked women" meant that somebody smoked her? Probable the right way to say it, was "smoking women". Is there a way to say about permanently smoking women in a past tense? Something like that.
                      My opinion is, try not to make long sentences. You can get mixed up. [/i]
                      And how about "female/male smokers"? Smoked/smoking - both seem inappropriate to me...

Comment

Сообщение от Эd
                        Сообщение от Vasia
                        My opinion is, try not to make long sentences. You can get mixed up. [/i]
                        And how about "female/male smokers"? Smoked/smoking - both seem inappropriate to me...
                        I was only looking at grammar mistakes. You are right on other aspects.

Comment

Сообщение от Эd
                          I don't see anything wrong with both phrases.

"Smoking woman" means woman who smokes - as simple as that.

"Smoked woman" may not sound as natural for some people here, but try to expand your cultural horizons, and don't be a narrow-minded bigot. For somebody from Papua New Guinea, perhaps, it sounds just as good as "smoked salmon" for you.
                          Mikey Forrester? Russian sailors? What the %%%% are you on?

Comment

Сообщение от masha
                            Сообщение от Abor Mot
                            guess you are wrong
                            they have 'too much' English around to miss it that's why they'd like to cope with their Russian
                            It was just a provocation. Did not work. Yet.
                            PS: about 'too much english around':
                            1. Nobody's perfect, mean can't be too much english - there is no limits to perfection. This is a life's (or phylosofic) paradigm.
                            2. If somebody is a perfect (any russian, even in english) - it's only a God. This is a Bible's paradigm.
                            3. If somebody mortal things he is a perfect (even any russian in english), it a reason to visit another doc - second door after the corner. Next patient, please!
                            Let's criticize my sophistic
                            ielts(+)

Comment

Сообщение от Bot
                              "Smoked woman" may not sound as natural for some people here, but try to expand your cultural horizons, and don't be a narrow-minded bigot. For somebody from Papua New Guinea, perhaps, it sounds just as good as "smoked salmon" for you.
                              do you think that BC people are open-minded enough to appreciate it?

Comment

Сообщение от Abor Mot
                                PS: about 'too much english around':
                                1. 'Nobody's perfect' means that it can't be too much english - there are no limits to perfection. This is a (or philosophic) paradigm (of life).
                                2. If somebody is _ perfect (in russian, or even in english) - it's only God. This is a Bible's paradigm.
                                3. If some mortal thinks he is __ perfect (either in russian, or in english), it is a reason to visit another doc - second door after the corner. Next patient, please!
                                Let's criticize my sophistic
                                just perfect

Comment

Working...
                                X