для общения на английском

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

here we go with... an essay!

Nowadays we use computers in schools so freaquent that some people believe there will be no need in teachers in the future.

freaquent -> frequent Nice word, though.

It all began about 40 years ago. People had had a dream of having assistants in routine day-to-day work and had came up with a computer. Some time passed and one cannot imagine his life without a computer. The further development of Information Technology, for instance, the Internet, provided mankind with new tools of teaching. Some people believe with the further growth of computer use the role of teachers will disappear. Others believe there is even greater responsibility for teachers now.

It looks almost OK, just a few notes:
    1. People had had a dream -> "had a dream" is enough.
    2. routine and day-to-day together are too much. Choose one you like more and use it.
    3. Use either IT or information technology - in non-IT context latter is better.
    4. "Tools of teaching" -> "Tools for teaching"
    5. Teachers can disappear, their role is unlikely.
    6. "there is even greater responsibility for teachers"->"responsibility of teachers wil grow".

Let us examine a situation, when computers replace teachers. In such a case there will be a great demand for prorammers and analytics to create thousands of various programs simulating various situations and case studies for students. Not meantioning it is quite difficult to observe each possible issue, we are still in need of tutors who and training coordinators who will be developing that software.

This paragraph is not bad too, but there is some strange stuff here as well:

1. prorammers -> programmers (I know it was just a typo... )
    2. meantioning -> mentioning (typo or...?)
    3. observe -> cover or evaluate are better choices in this context
    4. each possible issue -> every possible issue (each is normally used with human beings only)
    4. "we are still in need of tutors who and": "who" got here by mistake I hope
    5. Not a grammar error, but tutors and training coordinator normally never mess with software development - which is good, on my mind.

Now let us try to combine these two great achievements of the human race - solid teaching experience and new technology opportunities. We are looking at an example of Finland educational system, which is considered to be one of the best practices in the world. Children are taught to look for information, critically think with the help of Information Technology. Those who live in remote villages can take part in the education process by means of distance learning.

In the conclusion, I would like to state that teachers will play even greater role in the learning process in future. A combination of a wise teacher and computer technology will be for the benefit of the whole society.

No major comments, here, though "We are looking at an example" can be change to "Take as an example the Finland ..."

PS basically, I do not like how it is writen I just do not like writing essays

Neither I do, that is why decided to review your one instead of writing my own.

The last not but least note:

Do not trust my judgement above too much, I am just another Russian out there and can be wrong like everyone else.

I will be happy to have any feedback from the author as well as from other posters.

Good luck!!!

P.S. I also promise to post here my own masterpiece when I manage to write one during my preparation for IELTS exam. Then you all will have a chance to pay back to me .

Comment

Сообщение от hukilai
      here we go with... an essay!

[b]Nowadays we use computers in schools so freaquent ...
      freaquent -> frequent Nice word, though.
      Yup! Funny word, almost like Freakwent (bla-bla-bla).
      Besides, isn't it supposed to be "so frequently" (adverb not adjective) ?
      Шавка очень громко лает
      Шавка очень твёрдо знает
      Тот кто громче скжет ГАВ
      Тот всегда и будет прав!
      (Б.В. Заходер. «Шавка»)

Comment

Сообщение от hukilai
        Oh, man, it's a bit incorrect I mean it is "Neither do I" not how you put it

Сообщение от hukilai

The last BUT not THE least note
        Шавка очень громко лает
        Шавка очень твёрдо знает
        Тот кто громче скжет ГАВ
        Тот всегда и будет прав!
        (Б.В. Заходер. «Шавка»)

Comment

I have never ever seen anyone using "beforehand". It does not sound correctly to me. "Thanks in advance" is pretty informal. I would not use it writing to the "serious" organisations such as government agencies. For them I would use "Thank you very much in advance". If you are asking anything from vendor such as service provider, then "Thanks in advance" is all right.

Comment

Сообщение от AntonP
            I have never ever seen anyone using "beforehand".
            Agree...
            Or you can write `Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.`
            My favorite

Comment

HAWKDK

Сообщение от HAWKDK
              Сообщение от hukilai
              Oh, man, it's a bit incorrect I mean it is "Neither do I" not how you put it

Сообщение от hukilai

The last BUT not THE least note
              "Neither I do" is OK, trust me

You will be suprised, man, but "the last but not least" is as good as "the last but not the least".

Your turn now.

Comment

Hi!
                Now i'm doing my pre-intermediate course, but after it, i'm thinking of studing English in London.
                I need a piece of advice.
                thanx.

наш процесс

Comment

Сообщение от TaxPay
                  Hi!
                  Now i'm doing my pre-intermediate course, but after it, i'm thinking of studing English in London.
                  I need a piece of advice.
                  thanx.
                  I think you should to contunue course to intermediate or upper and more cheapper English courses is on the Malta. There you can prepare for IELTS.
                  Iam learning English on intermediate level and after then I would like to contunue study in Malta. For example, 2 weeks course cost about 500-600 $ and total cost with accommodation and flight with return tickets about 700-800$ maybe less.
                  you can see my English isn't well but i really want be better.
                  Повестка дня на сегодня - разное!

Comment

I've renewed the topic. It seems to me that it'll be interesting for users.

Comment

Hi!

I read this topic and I think that it very good idea to speak in English only. We can increse our English laguage ability by the talking here. At least I hope we'll try!
                      Just one request for more advanced speakers or native ones. Please check our speech and point to mistakes, even in this small message.

Thank's to all.
                      I wanna fly! I'll do it! As high as sun which brighting in the sky!

Comment

...to speak in English
                        ...to speak English. And actually we write English here.
                        We can increse our English laguage ability by the talking here.
                        We can make our English better writing messages here/
                        check our speech and point to mistakes
                        check our notes and correct our mistakes

Your turn to correct me, guys.

Mates, does "I have one request" sound good? It sounds like 'inquiry' for me.

Comment

Сообщение от Chyslyvchyk
                          Mates, does "I have one request" sound good? It sounds like 'inquiry' for me.
                          Not really. Depends on the situation. Please clarify - who are you asking? What is the case?

More personal, less official:

"I would like to ask you for a favour"
                          "Could you please do me a favour"
                          Разбойники жарили мясо и пили вино.

Comment

Сообщение от Nixie
                            who are you asking? What is the case?
                            I'm talking (sorry, writing ) about Wanted's message.

Comment

to Chyslyvchyk:

We can make our English better writing messages here

Please tell me - Did I wrong when I wrote 'We can increase our English language ability' or you meant that your sentence sounds more likely?
                              I wanna fly! I'll do it! As high as sun which brighting in the sky!

Comment

Сообщение от Chyslyvchyk
                                Сообщение от Nixie
                                who are you asking? What is the case?
                                I'm talking (sorry, writing ) about Wanted's message.
                                Oh, I see now, sorry

Well, this phrase looks like a calque from Russian to me. I'd write "And there's one thing I'd like to ask more advanced speakers for."

Though I'm not too much of an expert
                                Разбойники жарили мясо и пили вино.

Comment

Working...
                                X