Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Сообщение от NortT Посмотреть сообщение
    Ну вот как-то так..

Today we will talk about a small exotic country Blahblahnia, which is located on the dark side of the Moon. In comparison to other countries, Blahblahnia is a quite poor one. The quality of life of blahblahnians is at the end of the scale across the Moon. This is the main reason that the government is under siege. Despite the moratorium on strikes and meetings, many people try to defend their rights in such a manner that it seems that a civil war is underway. At the same time, seeking compensation for their suffering, some people hope to reach the light side of the Moon, and many of them who are successful in their attempts feel that they are poor cousins there. However, other people whose journey finished with a failure have to go back to the drawing table and think of a new way to improve their lives.
    Very impressive! What an improvement compared only to a year ago! You should be proud of yourself: to learn English to this level is quite an achievement.
    Но только я не поняла почему выделенное красным написана с маленькой буквы: это ведь национальность, следовательно, you need to capitalise.

Есть также проблема с coherence. Some people hope to reach - т.е. они только надеются, а в след. предложении они уже вроде как successful in their attempts. Нестыковочка

go back to the drawing table - я не уверена, что здесь это подойдет. А также очень бы хотелось понять, чем вам не понравилась идиома back to the drawing board. Не понравилось до такой степени, что вы ее изменили?

many of them who are successful in their attempts feel --> and many of those who have been successful in their attempts ....

Comment

• Тема закрыта. С моей стороны, по крайней мере, продолжения в ближайшее время не будет.

Comment

• Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение
        Whatever the reasons, it seems like only 3 people have plenty of time to kill: the two of you and yours truly.

Anyway, that's it. I'm checking NortT's and we'll call it quits.

But if two of you really want to continue, message me on FB and I'll organise something specially for you. I'll be happy to.
        Thanks! I thoroughly appreciate your help!

I'll definitely do that!
        Step 1. 28.03.15 IELTS L6 R6 W6 S7
        Step 2. 01.09.15 ANZSCO 233611 Process Engineer (mining)
        Step 3 05.03.16 IELTS L7.5 R7 W7.5 S 7.5 (6.5->7.5), 21.05.16 L8.5, R8, W7.5, S6.5
        Step 4 29.05.16 EOI NSW (55 points) Submitted

Comment

• Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение
          Не понравилось до такой степени, что вы ее изменили?
          Так и рождаются новые идиомы, один ляпнул, другой подхватил

Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение
          many of them who are successful in their attempts feel --> and many of those who have been successful in their attempts ....
          Не пойму я почему those
          Мне казалось нужно как-то так "... and many of them who are ..." или "... and those who are ...".
          IELTS: 02.04.16 - 8/8/7/8 (3rd attempt)
          ACS: 22.05.16 - Submitted; 30.05.16 - Completed
          EOI: Submitted - 02.06.16; Invitation - 06.07.16; 189 lodged - 23.08.16; Med&Police - 07.10.16, med finalised - 10.11.16; Grant - 09.08.17

Comment

• NortT,
            We are waiting for you! Check the FB messages.

Comment

Working...
            X