Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Сообщение от Boo! Посмотреть сообщение
    Добрый день! Я тут набросала CV, а в правильности использования иностранного не уверена. Помогите, плиз...

Спасибо!
    PS Если не в тему, не ругайтесь...
    Действительно, не в 'тему'. Здесь мало кто бывает, поэтому и посмотреть особенно некому. Дело же не только в английском, но еще и в знании индустрии. Переходите со своим резюме в Бизнес, работу и ..

A с резюме есть проблемы, и серьезные. Начнем с того, что хотелось бы понять что такое Present A.(Е.) Entrepreneur - название компании?

И надеюсь что прежде чем писать подобное резюме, Вы изучили резюме других и 'скопировали' соответствующие set expressions and phrases, т.е. владеете профессиональным жаргоном.
    Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 19.03.2011, 18:02.

Comment

• Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение

A с резюме есть проблемы, и серьезные. Начнем с того, что хотелось бы понять что такое Present A.(Е.) Entrepreneur - название компании?
      Не верно скопировала Имелось в виду 2010 - Present (это когда), Afonasiy Petrov Entrepreneur (ИП Афонасий Петров). Формулировки брала из объявлений на английских сайтах о найме сотрудников. Так ли все плохо, я расстроилась... В универе профессиональную лексику преподавали слабо, а в работе я с ней просто не сталкивалась
      Вторая свежесть - вот что вздор! Свежесть бывает только одна - первая, она же и последняя. А если осетрина второй свежести, то это означает, что она тухлая!
      IELTS General 12.04.2012 - 6.5/7.0/6.0/6.0 overal 6.5
      VETASSESS
      12.07.2012 - SUCCESSFUL

Comment

• Writing 1 - Покритикуйте структуру

Покритикуйте плз. формат/структуру данного письма.
        Грамматика и лексика не приоритет (в данном случае).
        Спасибо за критику.
        Writing 2 для критики

You have purchased a new electronic item last week, but it has arrived damaged. Write a letter to the shop manager to complain about this. In your letter explain
        - What was the product?
        - What was the fault?
        - What do you ask the manager to do?

Dear Manager,
        This letter is being written to you for the reason of my problem, explanation, and the solution.

Firstly, I have been your client since 2001 and I have always been satisfied with the quality of your products and services.
        However my last purchase, namely Samsung X3000 TV set which costs 500 pounds and which was ordered last week, was delivered yesterday and greatly disappointed me.

Secondly, I am frustrated because the purchase has severe defects.
        For example, I have found several scratches on the screen and besides the remote control has been damaged , and although the delivery man was informed immediately, however, he refused to substitute the item, because he did not have such level of authority.

Thirdly, because the TV set has several imperfections, I am asking you to replace the product or to refund.
        I hope that I shall not have any problems and a quality product will be provided.

To summarize, I shall be both grateful and delighted if I am informed about the details of replacement or refund as soon as you receive my letter.

Sincerely,
        Visiliy Pupkin
        Last edited by onyx78; 20.03.2011, 05:11.

Comment

• Writing 2 - Покритикуйте структуру

Покритикуйте плз. формат/структуру данного эссе.
          Спасибо за критику.
          Writing 1 для критики

In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard it as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility.

I disagree that involvement of children in a paid work can be valuable work experience for the reasons of stress and disruption; however, I can agree to some extent that children can be involved in a paid work for the reasons of hunger and their parents' death.

Firstly, I assert that any kind of paid work in which children can be engaged can lead to some level of stress because the combination of school study and paid work can create extra hours of work.
          To support, I recall from my school work experience an accident that happened to one of my 14 year old students who had been working for six months four hours per day and who studied at school , and who succumbed himself to exhaustion.

Secondly, I profess that children's engagement in any kind of paid work can cause negative effect on their learning process because the concentration on their study can be devastated.
          To verify, I know from my school experience that the classmates who practiced and cultivated their concentration on study received higher grades compared to those who were involved in some extra -curricular activities including part-time jobs.

Thirdly, however, I think that in some cases like hunger that can be present in a large low-income family, children can be engaged in some kind of paid work because this job's earnings can alleviate the family's suffering.
          To authenticate, before I moved to Ukraine, i had been working for several months with a young lady from Uzbekistan who told me that she studied at school on mornings and all evenings including weekends she was engaged in dishwashing job in a restaurant because her earnings were used for the purchases of bread.

Fourthly, I consider that in some extreme conditions such as parents' deaths children can be involved in a paid job because they must survive.
          To confirm, I have seen recently a documentary about India where children- orphans because of lack of boarding schools must work because their paid jobs ' salaries help them to survive.

To conclude, I would like to recommend to governments and local authorities worldwide that if the conditions for study and life are created and there is no necessity for children to work but to study, then these governments and their posterity will benefit.

Comment

• Прошу высказать ваше мнение по поводу этого эссе и письма.
            Не осмелился запостить в этот топик так как не был уверен что за использование данной структуры меня не выгонят из класса .
            В этой теме работы в классической структуре, у меня структура значительно отличается.
            Ответы прошу постить в соответствующие топики, дабы не засорять эту прекрасную тему.

Comment

• Сообщение от onyx78 Посмотреть сообщение
              Покритикуйте плз. формат/структуру данного письма.
              Спасибо за критику.
              Writing 2 для критики

You have purchased a new electronic item last week, but it has arrived damaged. Write a letter to the shop manager to complain about this. In your letter explain
              - What was the product?
              - What was the fault?
              - What do you ask the manager to do?

Dear Manager,
              This letter is being written to you for the reason of my problem, explanation, and the solution.
              Дальше читать уже и не надо. Вы хоть одно письмо на настоящем английском видели?
              Посмотрите подход к деловой корреспонденции на английском (устной или письменной - не имеет значение). Надо начинать с statement of the problem, which is the main reason of compaint letter writing. So, to begin with, in the first sentence, name the product and say what's wrong with it, and the date of purchase.

Comment

Покритикуйте плз. формат/структуру данного эссе.
                Спасибо за критику.
                Writing 1 для критики

In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard it as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility.

I disagree that involvement of children in a paid work can be valuable work experience for the reasons of stress and disruption; however, I can agree to some extent that children can be involved in a paid work for the reasons of hunger and their parents' death.
                Я прошу прощения, но ощущение такое, что Вы решили, что изучить как пишутся эссе - это не для Вас.

Честное слово, надоело повторять одно и тоже. Прежде чем писать свое эссе, проанализуруйте структуры хороших эссе, и, в частности, как пишутся Introduction. Есть много книг по подготовке к IELTS, да и в этой ветке очень много хороших эссе.

Кроме того, с чего Вы взяли что кого-то интерсует Ваше мнение? - в топике ничего об этом не сказано, а задание Вы 'забыли' написать. Увы. Поэтому что делать с данным топиком - it's anyone's guess
                Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 20.03.2011, 14:25.

Comment

Я прошу прощения, но ощущение такое, что Вы решили, что изучить как пишутся эссе - это не для Вас.

Честное слово, надоело повторять одно и тоже. Прежде чем писать свое эссе, проанализуруйте структуры хороших эссе, и, в частности, как пишутся Introduction. Есть много книг по подготовке к IELTS, да и в этой ветке очень много хороших эссе.

Кроме того, с чего Вы взяли что кого-то интерсует Ваше мнение? - в топике ничего об этом не сказано, а задание Вы 'забыли' написать. Увы. Поэтому что делать с данным топиком - it's anyone's guess
                  Огромное спасибо!

Не ожидал такого быстрого и четкого ответа.
                  Дело в том, что преподаватель, с которым я занимаюсь, предложил такую структуру, она действительно очень не похожа на классическую (по которой я готовился ранее), которую используют во ВСЕХ официальных источниках.

Раз уж мои топики объединили с этим главным, пусть остается тут, как пример неправильной структуры!

p.s. свою 6 я получил за writing на первом экзамене (использовал стандартную структуру), вот хотел вытянуть на 7, видимо не туда тяну(л)
                  Last edited by onyx78; 20.03.2011, 17:25.

Comment

Огромное спасибо!

Не ожидал такого быстрого и четкого ответа.
                    Дело в том, что преподаватель, с которым я занимаюсь, предложил такую структуру, она действительно очень не похожа на классическую (по которой я готовился ранее), которую используют во ВСЕХ официальных источниках.
                    Какую структуру предложил Ваш преподаватель? В том, что Вы написали структуры нет.

Он знает как вообще пишутся эссе или письма по английски (не на английском, а именно по английски ) ? Или считает, что эссе - это перевод слова 'сочинение' на английский язык? Ваш преподаватесь - и мне очень стыдно это писать - не имеет никакого понятия о подходе к написанию официальных писем или эссе в англоязычных странах.

Конечно, возможно, что Вы его не так поняли...

Comment

• Проверьте, пожалуйста, эссе!

It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be. Give some reasons why this change has happended and suggest how families could be brought closer together. Include any relevant examples from your experience.

The problem of closeness between members of the big families has long been the subject of intense debates and this is the question which is fairly complicated. Many people believe that impairing of these relations has place due to the influence of social entourage and some of them give advices to improve the situation. In this essay these points will be discussed and the examples will be given.

Firstly, the fact that relations inside the family become cooler is certainly the result of the contemporaty lifestyle. Modern people usually spend the biggest part of their lifes on the workplaces and therefore they communicate mostly with their colleagues than with the relatives. For example, I had the similar situation either, when I was taking part in the field military exersices for more than two weeks. For that period I did not see my wife and I had a very little time to speak to her by phone. Moreover, some of the people become real workaholics and they do not realize how essential is support of the family.

As the way out of that situation there are a few course of actions. To start people should realize that such problem exists and it has to be solved. Afterwards the life position should be reassessed and some conclusions made. For instance, if to start from little steps, such as implementing a family rule to have a dinner only together, it can lead to the general improvement of the situation. As well it is obvious that in complicated cases the help of family psychologist will not be redundant.

Considering everything mentioned above it is clearly seen that the problem of family relations is a result of the high speed on which contemporary life proceeds. And awareness that this question should be solved is already a halfway to the good family athmosphere.

Comment

Какую структуру предложил Ваш преподаватель? В том, что Вы написали структуры нет.

Он знает как вообще пишутся эссе или письма по английски (не на английском, а именно по английски ) ? Или считает, что эссе - это перевод слова 'сочинение' на английский язык? Ваш преподаватесь - и мне очень стыдно это писать - не имеет никакого понятия о подходе к написанию официальных писем или эссе в англоязычных странах.

Конечно, возможно, что Вы его не так поняли...
                        если это похоже на неудачную попытку изобретение велосипеда - сорри

структура эссе - 6 параграфов, intro, body(4), conclusion

introduction - выделяем 2 points for (+), и 2 points against(-) main idea
                        body - 4 параграфа, в каждом параграфе описывается 1 point
                        paragraph - statement (general information), evidence - раскрываем детали (specific information)
                        conclusion - summarization, recommendation

Comment

если это похоже на неудачную попытку изобретение велосипеда - сорри

структура эссе - 6 параграфов, intro, body(4), conclusion
                          Maybe yes, but most likely no, as you won't have time for all that.

introduction - выделяем 2 points for (+), и 2 points against(-)
                          Not enough. You haven't introduced the topic so we don't know what you are talking about. The rest depends on the essay question and task.

body - 4 параграфа
                          You won't have time for 4 paragraphs.
                          , в каждом параграфе описывается 1 point
                          Not necessarily
                          paragraph - statement (general information), evidence - раскрываем детали (specific information)
                          + examples
                          conclusion - summarization, recommendation
                          not necessarily. Depends on the topic task.

Даже если Вы прочитаете последние 40-50 страниц этой темы, Вы узнаете много нового о написании эссе и о требованиях к эссе. Только учтите, что вначале люди радовались 5.5, а теперь нужно минимум 6, так что стало жить тяжелее.

И еще. Та схема, кот. Вы привели только доказывает мое предположение, что Вы не прочитали и не проанализировали кучу хороших эссе и не занимались по книгам по подготовке к IELTS. Всего лишь несколько страниц назад я давала ссылку на книгу, кот. учит подходу по написанию эссе.

And if you continue to use 'firstly', 'secondly' and 'thirdly' you will never get over 6 as this is a clear demonstration of poor range of lexical devices. On the other hand, if you get to one hundredth, this might help But then again, I already talked about this several times on this thread.

Sorry, but do your homework and then we can talk.

PS I'm not your subsitute teacher and will only give general advice. I'm also happy to have a look at 2 or 3 essays max. and don't usually comment on specific mistakes as this is too time consuming and unproductive.

Comment

• Сообщение от vadim85 Посмотреть сообщение
                            It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be. Give some reasons why this change has happended and suggest how families could be brought closer together. Include any relevant examples from your experience.
                            Если откровенно, то...

Если бы я не знала русский, то не поняла бы половину Вашего эссе. Очень много Runglish!

Comment

• My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Добрый день. Подготовку к IELTS только начала, это мое первое эссе. Перечитала много рекомендаций, планов-конспектов, все понятно, все очевидно, но на бумаге реализовать оказалось очень сложно. Прошу рассмотреть мое эссе. Спасибо. 267 слов

Education is life long task. Do you agree or disagree?

It is obvious that the whole of world develops with increased speed becoming more and more complicated. Most people suppose that the education which was get twenty years ago in the university is sufficient. In my opinion, the improvement of the technologies requires new skills and deriving new knowledge from humans. It’s only one reason for daily study. In this assay I will reveal the different sides of my point.
                              First of all, increasing role of automation in the production and in the other spheres of our life is simultaneously with rising demands to employees. If a worker wants to be a professional and to have a well-paid job he should keep abreast of the times. Moreover, modern knowledge about procedure simplifies tasks making manufacturing processes more logical. I think, everybody understand that it is unlikely to control the functioning of a machines or processes without realization how it works.
                              Secondly, there is the desire for self-perfection in the human nature. Human being is a developing system. It’s essential to understand that person isn’t able to be satisfied without an advance. It should be remembered that nobody will be interesting to another people if he stands on the same place whole his life. It means that person can’t rank high, can’t be attractive. Person should continue his education for all his life. There is the one way to have successful social status.
                              To summarize, I would like to say that it’s very important to find out the new facilities for education for all life. It’s earnest of success in the life for person and for country in whole.
                              Last edited by Elena_Yukee; 22.03.2011, 01:51. Причина: дополнение

Comment

• Сообщение от krit Посмотреть сообщение
                                Здравствуйте! понемногу готовлюсь к экзамену. будьте добры - покритикуйте эссе.

There have been many technological developments in the 20th century, for example in transport, telecommunications and health.

What technological development do you think has been the most important? How has it changed people's lives? Have all the changes been positive?

Give reasons for your answer.

Nowadays, the 20th century is usually considered the most revolutionary period of human history. This time totally changed our way of life, our habits and our environment. All technological developments are now necessary parts of our daily life. I believe, that the most important result of the 20th century is the appearance of the Internet, because without the Internet we just can not imagine modern life.
                                Признаюсь, я ielts только позавчера сдал, результатов ещё не знаю пока, но как бы есть вещи, которые бросились в глаза.

1. This time totally changed... - почему вы сменили время с past perfect, как было в топике, на simple past ? обратите внимание, там везде has been.
                                2. I believe, that the most important result of the 20th century is the appearance of the Internet, because without the Internet we just can not imagine modern life. - во-первых, в интро не следует, кмк, раскрывать все карты и писать что интернет самая кайфная вещь и почему без него будет тоска смертная. Для этого и есть остальные параграфы. Я бы сказал что-то вроде As far as I am concerned I need to contemplate the principal technological achievement and its advantages and disadvantages before adopting a standpoint.

И потом, вместо bacause - for the simple reason that

Тут: without the Internet we just can not imagine modern life. - прекрасный способ заюзать conditional2: If we did not have the Internet, we would not probably be able to imagine the modern life.

To begin with, the Internet has brought a lot of new services. It improves education, business, healthcare and entertainment. For example, you can use online banking services or do shopping without even leaving your home.
                                И только вот тут вам надо сказать, что самым клёвым достижением человечества вы считаете интернет. Причём выглядеть это должно так:
                                (TOPIC SENTENCE)(EXAMPLES AND REASONS)(SHORT ROUND-UP)

Ну т.е. вкратце так: to begin with, there exist some worthwhile technological achievements, and one of the most significant is the Internet. The reason, why this global network has so considerable influence on human race/mankind is that...

This is especially useful for disabled people. In regard to the Internet, useful and necessary information can be found in a few seconds and can be accessed from all over the world. This fact brings a lot of benefits to scientists, doctors and students. New digital services are replacing traditional libraries. So, the Internet has changed our life in a revolutionary manner.
                                Ну и дальше по образу и подобию. Опять же, я тоже только учусь, поэтому не следует мои слова воспринимать как прямое руководство к действию, я просто высказал своё мнение, не факт что оно верное
                                Last edited by ovel; 22.03.2011, 05:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X