Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Сообщение от MAKuznetsoff
    Структура ясная и хорошо организованная, дальше не куда.
    Да Вы и так уже все знаете, зачем еще чьи-то оценки?
    Я не преподаватель, и даже не эксперт, что видно по моим результатам в подписи. Поэтому воздержусь от дальнейших спекуляций по поводу оценок. Может более опытные товарищи подскажут.
    Я указал то, что по моему мнению стоит улучшить.
    12/07/2012 IELTS - L7.5, R9, W7, S7 29.06.2012 261312 (Developer Programmer) 25/07/2012 EOI submitted 189 01.10.2012 EOI invitation

Comment

• Сообщение от realset Посмотреть сообщение
      Да Вы и так уже все знаете, зачем еще чьи-то оценки?
      Я не преподаватель, и даже не эксперт, что видно по моим результатам в подписи. Поэтому воздержусь от дальнейших спекуляций по поводу оценок. Может более опытные товарищи подскажут.
      Я указал то, что по моему мнению стоит улучшить.
      Я хоть и не опытный, но по моему меньше 6-ти. По сравнению с предыдущими essay.

Comment

• Оцените пожалуйста

You work in an international company. You need to take some time off work.
        Write a letter to your employer. In your letter:
        explain why you need this time off
        give details of when you want the time off
        say who can do your work when you are away

Dear Mr. White

I have been working for your company as an engineer more than 3 years and it’s a big pleasure to work with you as my chief. I appreciate all that you have already did for me. However, I am writing to inform you that I would like to take some time off work.

If you remember I told you that I study part-time when I assigned to my position. To be honest, I need more time for exam preparation as I thought about, consequently I need to have days off. If it is possible I would like to have the time off during next two weeks (from the 10th of May to 23th). In addition I also would like to say that I have not any urgent work now and I truly believe that Kelly can provide all information and find solutions for issues that my happen while I’m out of work. She is already familiar with all my projects.

Even though, I would like to inform you that I will be able on the phone 24/7 and would be glad to provide my help if it would be necessary. Hope my request will be approved since this is very significant to my career in your company as well.

I am awaiting you response.

Yours sincerely,
        Dmitry Zakharov

Comment

• Оцените пожалуйста

Some people think that wild animals should not be kept in zoos. Others believe that there are good reasons for having zoos.

Discuss both these view and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Many people discuss as it necessary or not to have wild animals in zoos. In my mind there are both advantages and disadvantages, however, there are more positive points than withdraws. Wild animals in zoos are the part of our every day life and this should be going on.

Perhaps, it is a big shame to some people especially if they are members of “green” associations which try to protect nature and wild animals in their natural habit, to see wild animals in cells. Their strongest argument is that the human is not the king of nature so he does not have any rights to strict freedom of wild animals. Also, there is the point that some wild animals feel themselves sick if they are not able to migrate or hunt. For an instance many wild animals can’t have next generation and even die in unnatural place of living.

On the other hand there are many positive points of keeping wild animals in zoos. People might discover new curious and cognitive information then they see wild animals face-to-face in zoos and boards with notes near cells tend to be helpful with that. Secondly, many rare animals could be saved from hunters and other people that break the law and being interested only in their wealth. There are many historical facts how extremly low population of wild animals have been increased with human's help. In addition, wild animals in zoos can help people to cheer up and to relax. It is very arduous to imagine that children would see wild animals only in pictures and in my view that is the very major point which helps to brought up open-minded and low-bide adults from kids.

To recap all this I would like to say that quantity of zoos with wild animals in them should be saved or may be even increased since it helps to keep rare animals in safety and convenient environment,provides extra knowledge about their behaving for scientists and makes our everyday life more positive and excited.
          (338 words)
          Last edited by Drag; 26.06.2012, 18:25.

Comment

• Сообщение от Drag Посмотреть сообщение
            Оцените пожалуйста
            Dear Mr. White[,]

I have been working for your company as an engineer more than 3 years and it’s a big pleasure to work with you as my chief. [я бы начал сразу с цели - хочу отпуск с 10 по 23] I appreciate all that you have already did for me. However, I am writing to inform you that I would like to take some time off work.

If you remember I told you that I study part-time when I [was?] assigned to my position. To be honest, I need more time for exam preparation as [than?] I thought about, consequently I need to have days off [много повторов слова leave, vacation, holiday]. If it is possible I would like to have the time off during next two weeks (from the 10th of May to 23th). In addition[,] I also would like to say that I have not [have no, do not have?]any urgent work now and I truly believe that Kelly can provide all information and find solutions for issues that [may] happen while I’m out of work. She is already familiar with all my projects.

Even though, I would like to inform you that I will be able [available?] on the phone 24/7 and would be glad to provide my help if it would be necessary [if it is necessary]. Hope my request will be approved since this is very significant to my career in your company as well.

I am awaiting you response.
            12/07/2012 IELTS - L7.5, R9, W7, S7 29.06.2012 261312 (Developer Programmer) 25/07/2012 EOI submitted 189 01.10.2012 EOI invitation

Comment

• Сообщение от Drag Посмотреть сообщение
              Оцените пожалуйста

Some people think that wild animals should not be kept in zoos. Others believe that there are good reasons for having zoos.
              Discuss both these view and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Many people discuss as it necessary or not to have wild animals in zoos. In my mind there are both advantages and disadvantages, however, there are more positive points than withdraws. Wild animals in zoos are the part of our every day life and this should be going on.

Perhaps, it is a big shame to some people especially if they are members of “green” associations which try to protect nature and wild animals in their natural habit, to see wild animals in cells. Their strongest argument is that the human is not the king of nature so he does not have any rights to strict freedom of wild animals. Also, there is the point that some wild animals feel themselves sick if they are not able to migrate or hunt. For an instance many wild animals can’t have next generation and even die in unnatural place of living.

On the other hand there are many positive points of keeping wild animals in zoos. People might discover new curious and cognitive information then they see wild animals face-to-face in zoos and boards with notes near cells tend to be helpful with that. Secondly, many rare animals could be saved from hunters and other people that break the law and being interested only in their wealth. There are many historical facts how extremly low population of wild animals have been increased with human's help. In addition, wild animals in zoos can help people to cheer up and to relax. It is very arduous to imagine that children would see wild animals only in pictures and in my view that is the very major point which helps to brought up open-minded and low-bide adults from kids.

To recap all this I would like to say that quantity of zoos with wild animals in them should be saved or may be even increased since it helps to keep rare animals in safety and convenient environment,provides extra knowledge about their behaving for scientists and makes our everyday life more positive and excited.
              (338 words)
              Let me put it this way: you have a long way to go. And it's quite obvious that you haven't yet 'discovered' any good IELTS preparation books. My advice would be to start with 101 and 202 as they should give you some ideas as to what needs to be done to avoid some basic mistakes in sentence structure.

There's also a very obvious need to develop appropriate vocab. because at this stage it does look as if you're translating from Russian into English.
              e.g. cells - did you find this word in a dictionary --> enclosures
              “green” associations --> green movement / groups

Anyway, a lot of problems. Focus on developing your English first - this is my advice anyway.
              Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 26.06.2012, 22:29. Причина: typo discovered

Comment

• Большое спасибо, вокаба действительно не хватает и для этой темы в частности. Начать с азов тоже отличный совет а cell я вспомнил из фильма - клетка, писал эссе за 30 мин и без словаря. Спасибо.

Comment

• MAKuznetsoff, ну и какой вывод из всего этого должны сделать читающие данный топик? Что вас обманули в Дублине и за образцовое выдали эссе, за которое все максимум 7 ставят, и что не надо в эту школу обращаться?

Вы бы лучше поделились какими-нибудь интересными советами или подходами, которые там излагались.
                  PS
                  Моя оценка - 6.5.(секретами семерки, правда, сам ещё не овладел) Но On the one hand... On the other hand... вообще - никаих шансов не оставляет, имхо конечно. Так что не вижу причин пренебрегать советами Фариды. А то, что экзаменаторы знают английский лучше - так это норма жизни, по-моему. Это как и в Русском:вы, например, в своих постах делаете столько ошибок("альше не куда" и проч.), что выше тройки вам никто бы не поставил, в том числе выпускник и педа/филфака любой национальности. Хотя вы вполне русский нейтив спикер.
                  Last edited by newwave; 27.06.2012, 00:49.
                  If yu waan good, yu nose haffi run.
                  IELTS 2012.05 2nd attempt (AM) L6.5, R6.5, W6.5, S6.5
                  ACS 2012.04.03-2012.04.30 261312 (Developer Programmer)

Comment

• Сообщение от newwave Посмотреть сообщение
                    Но On the one hand... On the other hand... вообще - никаих шансов не оставляет, имхо конечно.
                    А что не так с этими фразами?

Comment

• Так а что ж вы Михаил всё идете и идете в это самое BKC? Есть же Students International, есть British Council в сопредельных странах. А вы всё идёте и идёте в BKC, а потом вашу стандартную песню затягиваете на форуме

Comment

меня вполне утроит и 7, но ни как не 5.5 Обмануть могут у нас, не думаю что международный колледж будет обманывать. Я больше склоняюсь к тому что БКС накручивает ажиотаж и сбор бабла.
                        Я буду вполне доволен 6-ми по всем частям, у меня есть деньги на спонсорскую визу, я за 7 или 8 не гонюсь.
                        Причем злест БКС? Не нравится БКС - сдавайте в любой стане мира.

Если вам для вашей профессии в требованиях на номинацию штата достаточно шестерок, то повторюсь, мне кажется имеет смысл написать 100 эссе на скорость, руководствуясь наставлениями Фариды. Все правильно пишет, ящетаю. Восьмерок, может, не получите, но competent level - 100%. Кстати, не могли бы вы дать её мыло(можно в личку) - с удовольствием отправлю ей на проверку свои эссе за некоторый прайс.

Vanderley, word recycling. Так писать - себя самого обкрадывать.
                        Last edited by newwave; 27.06.2012, 01:44.

Comment

я давно уже не пишу на уровне элементари,
                          Не хочу обидеть, но почему тогда оценка 5.5?

Сообщение от MAKuznetsoff
                          у Фариды несколько странный подход, это мне сказали натив спикеры.
                          Говорю ещё раз, нейтив спикер - ещё отнюдь не панацея. Нейтив спикером быть мало, важно быть хорошем педогогом, т.е. понимать трудности неанглоговорящих иностранцев. А то что кто-то решил сорвать шабашку на том, что для него английский родной ещё ничего не значит. Т.е. нейтив спикер нейтив спикеру рознь. Я вот говорю по-русски. Но преподавать русский язык, даже на базовом уровне, едва ли бы взялся.

Не стоит перегружать текст сложными структурами без надобности,
                          Перегружать - разумеется, не стоит. Но 1-2 раза ввернуть - обязательно. В приведенном выше эссе этого нет. Где условные предложения второго/третьего типа? Где future continuous?

это только покажет что ты не знаешь как применять то что ты знаешь.
                          А никто и не говорит о том, что надо много знать. Надо задолбить два стандартных случая употребления и один раз использовать. (Стандарт типа if it were possible, it would have already happened, который можно в любое рассуждение вставить)

Нельзя писать эссе одними Present Perfect-ами.
                          А кто такое утверждает, что надо писать одними перфектами?

Пока я у нее учился, она не поставила ни одну оценку, просто просматривала.
                          А чего оценивать-то. Це%%%% по осени считают. А пока учишься - пускай лучше советы дает дельные, как сделать лучше, а не подытоживает типа "даааа... тут слабенькая шестерочка в лучшем случае".

Comment

Vanderley, в мой город другие не приезжают, а после ночи в поезде сдавать сложно, 9 июня я спал на Listening и Reading, проснулся только к письменной части.
                            Буду пробовать в другом месте.
                            Если вариант с поездкой в другой город не нравится, есть альтернатива - аппеляция. Очень даже логичный вариант, если вы уверены в свой правоте. Аппеляции проверяются не на месте, а отсылаются в IDP Australia и British Council. Если и правда занижают, получите долгожданную и заслуженную оценку, ну и заодно будет повод BKC носом ткнуть. Как вы на такой вариант смотрите?

Comment

один раз, они ее даже не отправляли в Австралию
                              А это вы как узнали если не секрет? Я имею ввиду что то, что её не отправляли.
                              Есть ли возможность отследить апелляцию?
                              Думаю что нет.

Вообще, я общался с девушкой организатором из SI. Так вот из нашего разговора я понял, что аппеляции проверяются "выше" и старшими преподавателями. Делается это для того, чтобы контролировать качество и одинаковость оценок. Думаю что это должно относится ко всем центрам, так что мне не совсем понятно как так получилось что вашу работу тут перепроверяли. Возможно правда правила раньше были немного другими.

Comment

да они как то в переписке по Аске проболтались, что в Австралию отправляют в редких случаях, и только Академик, я тогда сдавал Дженерал, это сейчас я Академик сдаю. 26 мая открытым текстом признались что оценивают почерк, не могут разобрать пишут ошибку. На спикинге оценивают мнение, я заметил что как только скажу что то негативное, кого то поругаю, так оценка выше 5.0 не бывает. Ну невозможно постоянно хвалить всех и вся, есть моменты когда думаешь иначе.
                                Не может такого быть. Просто не может. У меня 6.5 минимум по speaking и я последний раз когда на 8 speaking сдал рассказывал про коррупцию, кумовство и неформальные связи в ущерб развитию экономики.
                                IELTS SI Киев-09.06.2012-L:8.5 R:8 W:7 (6,5+0.5 APPEAL) S:8
                                ACS - 10.11.2011 - Software Developer
                                Invitation 01.10.2012, Lodge 05.10.2012, CO 29.10.2012
                                VISA GRANTED 29.11.2012

Comment

Working...
                                X