Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Добрый вечер!!!! Помогите мне пожалуйста проверить это эссе. Мне очень важно ваше мнение даже о самых незначительных нюансах. Заранее спасибо!

Should children learn to compete or cooperate?

Nowadays both notions cooperation and competition have been widely used in the world of business. Even though it may be highly important for securing a good job to master these particular skills, it is a contentions question which one is worth being taught to children.

Personally, I am of the opinion that the young will benefit from learning how to be cooperative and how to work as a part of a team. Firstly, from a very young age children recognize the need to be part of the society. They feel miserable if their peers reject their friendship. In order to avoid such a stressful situation parents should teach their offspring to be respectful and tolerant to other children. Later, when youngsters enter school they again may find themselves at a loss when they are asked to do an assignment requiring team work. Ability to listen to another person, delegate responsibility and be supportive may come naturally but more often it should be learnt. By providing relevant examples and encouraging young people to take part in different activities such as playing board games and team sports parents and teachers contribute a lot to preparing young minds for the world of adults. The world where cooperation is an integral part of success.

However, it is worth mentioning that being able to withstand a competition is a useful skill as well. A sense of competition may boost a child’s motivation to succeed. But unlike cooperation, children may become good competitors on their own. This kind of skills usually depends entirely on personal traits and can be mastered through practice.

All things considered, if there is an objective to prepare young people for easier transition to adulthood it is our responsibility to teach them to be responsible and cooperative. Only unselfish people who are ready to share and help can gain recognition.

Comment

• Сообщение от Brumby Посмотреть сообщение
      Добрый вечер!!!! Помогите мне пожалуйста проверить это эссе. Мне очень важно ваше мнение даже о самых незначительных нюансах. Заранее спасибо!

Should children learn to compete or cooperate?

Nowadays both notions cooperation and competition have been widely used in

However, it is worth mentioning that being able to withstand a competition is a useful skill as well. A sense of competition may boost a child’s motivation to succeed. But unlike cooperation, children may become good competitors on their own. This kind of skills usually depends entirely on personal traits and can be mastered through practice.

All things considered, if there is an objective to prepare young people for easier transition to adulthood it is our responsibility to teach them to be responsible and cooperative. Only unselfish people who are ready to share and help can gain recognition.
      Чисто литературно, даже в английском, я бы здесь запятую поставил.
      The world, where cooperation is an integral part of success

But unlike cooperation, children may become good competitors on their own. - по моему, это голословное утверждение (This kind of skills usually depends entirely on personal traits and can be mastered through practice - то же можно сказать и про кооперацию). Возможно, тут лучше было бы сказать, что соперничество имманентно присуще ВСЕМ людям, и не требует больших усилий со стороны общества, чтобы его развивать.

Nowadays both notions cooperation and competition - тут меня что-то смущает, не знаю что, но скорее всего это субъективно.

А в целом эссе - здорово.

Comment

• Немного не по теме, но хотелось бы именно в этой ветке выразить свою безмерную признательность всем, кто помогал проверять мои эссе. Ну и персонально, Maimiti_Isabella - за самоотверженную и бескорыстную помощь не только мне, но многим-многим людям здесь.

Comment

• Сообщение от evol Посмотреть сообщение
          Чисто литературно, даже в английском, я бы здесь запятую поставил.
          The world, where cooperation is an integral part of success

But unlike cooperation, children may become good competitors on their own. - по моему, это голословное утверждение (This kind of skills usually depends entirely on personal traits and can be mastered through practice - то же можно сказать и про кооперацию). Возможно, тут лучше было бы сказать, что соперничество имманентно присуще ВСЕМ людям, и не требует больших усилий со стороны общества, чтобы его развивать.

Nowadays both notions cooperation and competition - тут меня что-то смущает, не знаю что, но скорее всего это субъективно.

А в целом эссе - здорово.
          Спасибо,evol, за коммент!!

В Nowadays both notions cooperation and competition - меня тоже что то смущает,вот бы узнать можно так писать или нет!!!

И запятая после -The world, where cooperation is an integral part of success- Вы очень правильно подметили- но я не уверена!!!

Профи помогите нам разобаться!!!Please!!!!

Comment

• Some think that giving a weekly allowance to children will help them to face less problems when they are adults. Do you agree or disagree?

Many people nowadays give allowance to their children for daily expenses. These expenses include but not limited by costs of meal, transportation, sweets. Parents believe that by giving money to their children they help them in the future to face less problems. This also facilitates everyday life for parents as they away from home for whole day for their work.
            I believe that giving money to children is not bad idea but parents should be careful and consider different factors. First of all they should not give money to very young children. My mother started to give me money for lunch when I was a teenager. Until children are under the school age they are most likely not going outside independently.
            Secondly it is important to give children allowance of particular amount. It should be enough to cover their expenses and not too much to avoid excessive money. Extra money can be spent by children on some unwanted goods or activities. Money also can be lost or stolen from them.

In conclusion I would say that live in modern city is not possible without money. Children which are independent enough and go outside on their own should always have some money. Monthly allowance is a good way for parents to secure their children while they are outside. It is also a good way to educate them how to deal with money what will be definitely useful in the future when children will have grown and become adults. Personally I will give my children money for their expenses when they will become big enough.

Comment

• Can you give a feedback& how do you think what score does this letter

[F&#111&#110<b></b>T<b></b>&#61Verdana]Thank you for attention[/FONT]
              [F&#111&#110<b></b>T<b></b>&#61Verdana]How does you think the score of tthis letter would be 8?[/FONT]
              [F&#111&#110<b></b>T<b></b>&#61Verdana]Dear Sir or Madam,[/FONT]
              [F&#111&#110<b></b>T<b></b>&#61Verdana]My name is Bred Pitt. I have recently requested assistance in finding accommodation in Manchester during my English studies. I would like to say that I really enjoyed the help of your agency and the workers in your accommodation office were very obliging and attentive. [/FONT][F&#111&#110<b></b>T<b></b>&#61Verdana]

However, my plans have recently changed. My late aunt left me three thousand euros in her will and thanks to this windfall I have a golden opportunity to spend it on my education. . Most importantly, I was strongly recommended by my friend to study in Aushnoure and it means my new accommodation will need to be located in London. That's why I wish to make some changes in renting a flat. First of all, I decided to stay three weeks more. Secondly, I would like to have a one -bedroom flat without a shared toilet and bathroom

Taking into consideration the above facts, could you please help me rearrange my accommodation to fit in with my new plans.[/FONT]

[F&#111&#110<b></b>T<b></b>&#61Verdana]Yours sincerely,[/FONT]
              [F&#111&#110<b></b>T<b></b>&#61Verdana]Bred Pitt[/FONT][F&#111&#110<b></b>T<b></b>&#61Verdana][/FONT]

Comment

• Товарищи, постающие сюда свои работы, пожалуйста,
                • вставляйте в свой пост задание
                • вставляйте пустые строчки между параграфами

Это существенно облегчит задачу проверяющим.

У меня часто случается, что я хочу что-то проверить, но потом я вижу эссе без задания, написанное одним большим куском и мое хотение пропадает

Comment

• Пожалуйста

Today many people tend to move to another country or a different region of same country after their retirement. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of such move.

Todays globalization and ease of traveling reveals a trend where people after being retired move to another country or region. There are different thoughts about it and each point of view has pluses and minuses. What is good about it and what difficulties people experience when moving in old age is discussed in the following topic.

Actually, this is not rare when people after retirement move to different region or another country. It is quite boring to be whole life time in one place and do not see anything else. Many people choose traveling but it can be quite expensive. Moving to other region or country gives and opportunity to experience new feelings, to meet other people, to enjoy the place or even to be useful for somebody. People, who choose this way perhaps had such plan for many years and it is difficult to oppose them.

Some people can contradict this statement. Obviously, there are some difficulties by moving to another place in an old age. Firstly we shall consider funding or in other words amount of savings in possession. Getting moved to new place is a high expenses because of high prices for estate property. Secondly if people want to move to other country they have to check if they eligible to live there and what kind of paperwork need to be done. Some countries have very strict rules on migration where age is a key point. Finally, elder people moving to another place should check what king of support they will be able to get there either government or relatives one.

In conclusion I would say that moving to another place is always an exciting decision. People, which tend to move should consider many factors before make the first step. In my own opinion I think that it is very interesting and I would try this way possibly when I will have been retired.

Спасибо, всем кто копается в моих каракулях. Пытаюсь улучшить свой балл, и заметил, что письмо повышает уровень английского в целом. Пока для меня это самый сложный модуль. Недавно открыл для себя видеоуроки от English
                  Ryan. Увидел у себя много ошибок. Достаточно полезный материал, все рекомендую.

Vanderley, смотрю у вас хороший результат последний раз? Поздравляю!

Всех с наступающим Новым Годом.

Comment

• Сообщение от kiggiss Посмотреть сообщение

Today many people tend to move to another country or a different region of same country after their retirement. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of such move.

Todays globalization and ease of traveling reveals a trend where people after being retired move to another country or region. There are different thoughts about it and each point of view has pluses and minuses. What is good about it and what difficulties people experience when moving in old age is discussed in the following topic.
                    Пока что надо 'поговорить' об ошибках, прежде всего.
                    1. Todays -> Today's
                    2. С каким подлежащим согласуется reveals? Я в данном предложении вижу 2 подлежащих, т.е. -> reveal
                    3. after being retired - не поняла, их что насильно выгоняют с работы на пенсию? -> when retirees
                    4. it -> this
                    5 - 6. has pluses and minuses. Во-первых, has its pluses and minuses. Во-вторых, очень не советую употреблять выражение pluses and minuses. В любом учебнике по подготовке к IELTS, TOEFL and Cambridge exams вы сможете найти фразы, кот. следует употреблять в таких случаях.
                    7. it -> this
                    8. in old age - не поняла, вы говорите о стариках или о пенсионерах? При чем здесь in old age? Уж если так 'хочется', то по крайней мере -> older age. А вообще есть выражение senior citizens
                    9. in the following topic - это о каком топике идет речь? Топик вам дали в задании, а пишете Вы эссе. -> is discussed below.

Я думаю, что на сегодня достаточно. Если Вас интересует оценка выше 6-ти, то it's a long way to go, unfortunately.

Недавно открыл для себя видеоуроки от English Ryan. Увидел у себя много ошибок. Достаточно полезный материал, все рекомендую.
                    Очень НЕ рекомендую, увы!

Comment

• Сообщение от evol Посмотреть сообщение
                      Немного не по теме, но хотелось бы именно в этой ветке выразить свою безмерную признательность всем, кто помогал проверять мои эссе. Ну и персонально, Maimiti_Isabella - за самоотверженную и бескорыстную помощь не только мне, но многим-многим людям здесь.
                      Thanks, but it's your effort and smart approach that paid out!

Comment

• Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение
                        Пока что надо 'поговорить' об ошибках, прежде всего.
                        1. Todays -> Today's
                        2. С каким подлежащим согласуется reveals? Я в данном предложении вижу 2 подлежащих, т.е. -> reveal
                        3. after being retired - не поняла, их что насильно выгоняют с работы на пенсию? -> when retirees
                        4. it -> this
                        5 - 6. has pluses and minuses. Во-первых, has its pluses and minuses. Во-вторых, очень не советую употреблять выражение pluses and minuses. В любом учебнике по подготовке к IELTS, TOEFL and Cambridge exams вы сможете найти фразы, кот. следует употреблять в таких случаях.
                        7. it -> this
                        8. in old age - не поняла, вы говорите о стариках или о пенсионерах? При чем здесь in old age? Уж если так 'хочется', то по крайней мере -> older age. А вообще есть выражение senior citizens
                        9. in the following topic - это о каком топике идет речь? Топик вам дали в задании, а пишете Вы эссе. -> is discussed below.

Я думаю, что на сегодня достаточно. Если Вас интересует оценка выше 6-ти, то it's a long way to go, unfortunately.

Maimiti, Спасибо большое за ответ разбор ошибок. Такого тщательного разбора у меня еще не было. Ошибки буду выправлять, так как балл нужен не меньше 7ки.
                        Что посоветуете по подготовке к написанию эссе, тогда?

Comment

• Сообщение от kiggiss Посмотреть сообщение
                          Maimiti, Спасибо большое за ответ разбор ошибок. Такого тщательного разбора у меня еще не было. Ошибки буду выправлять, так как балл нужен не меньше 7ки.
                          Что посоветуете по подготовке к написанию эссе, тогда?
                          Простите, но по подготовке к написанию эссе я пока ничего не посоветую. У Вас слишком много ошибок. Так что мой совет как всегда boring - учите английский.
                          Читайте газеты, слушайте радио, читайте Scientific American and The Economist (его также можно слушать) , смотрите National Geographic, занимайтесь по учебникам уровня Advanced, можете также 'прихватить' Vocabulary for IELTS (whatever edition you can get) and Grammar for IELTS (Cambridge), и т.д.

A потом уже перейдем k работе над эссе.

Actually, this is not rare when 1. people after retirement move to different region or another country. 2. It is quite boring 3. to be 4. whole life time in one place and 5. do not see anything else. Many people choose traveling but it can be quite expensive. Moving to other region or country gives and -> an opportunity to experience new feelings, to meet other people, to enjoy the place or even to be useful 6. for somebody. People, who choose this way perhaps 7. had such plan for many years and it is difficult 8. to oppose them.
                          1. Word order: when on/after retirement people move
                          2. Is this the main and only reason for the change of scenery? Sounds very strange! OK. Think about possible reasons for the change: sea/ tree change / moving closer to the loved ones / financial stability / quitting the rat race / pursuing hobbies and favourite pastimes, etc. You partly talk about this further down the paragraph but the meaning in the beginning of the paragraph is blurred.
                          3. to live/ to stay / to reside
                          4. ????
                          5. Why not see anything else? These people could've travelled quite extensively. There's no mentioning of not seeing/being anywhere else in the topic.
                          6. useful for vs. useful to
                          7. have had
                          8. ?????
                          9. opportunity to experience new feelings, to meet other people, to enjoy the place or even to be useful. - cut out 'to's, i.e. to meet ..., enjoy..., or even be...

Anyway, I hope I made my point. Get your English to the Advanced level first and then start working on your essay skills. I hope you do have someone to help you with your English. If not, you might be getting into a problem.
                          Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 26.12.2011, 22:35.

Comment

Я тоже видела несколько видеоуроков Ryan по написанию ессе. Мне показались уроки вполне пригодными. Можно узнать в чем там проблемы, почему не рекомендуете?

Comment

• Сообщение от Esperanca Посмотреть сообщение
                              Я тоже видела несколько видеоуроков Ryan по написанию ессе. Мне показались уроки вполне пригодными. Можно узнать в чем там проблемы, почему не рекомендуете?
                              По трем причинам: слишком много клише, слишком все 'запротоколировано'. И самое главное: все эти 'уроки' ставят своей целью максимум 6. Т.е. если человек уже неплохо владеет английским, то эти уроки могут подсказать в каком направлении двигаться. А если английского еще недостаточно для критического анализа, то эти уроки могут оказаться медвежьей услугой.

Comment

По трем причинам: слишком много клише, слишком все 'запротоколировано'. И самое главное: все эти 'уроки' ставят своей целью максимум 6. Т.е. если человек уже неплохо владеет английским, то эти уроки могут подсказать в каком направлении двигаться. А если английского еще недостаточно для критического анализа, то эти уроки могут оказаться медвежьей услугой.
                                Спасибо за разъяснения. А что на счет Mat Clark-а скажете? Вроде его эссе на 7-8 тянут и никаких шаблонов.

Comment

Working...
                                X