Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanderley, CПАСИБО БОЛЬШОЕ!!!
    Обратили мое внимание на кучу вещей!! Единственное что в чем я всегда сомневаюсь и до это эссе, в прочем, как использовать правильно A part of Smth or _Part of Smth- я правда встречала в некоторых книгах без артикля и поэтому прибываю в прострации.

Comment

• Сообщение от Brumby Посмотреть сообщение
      Единственное что в чем я всегда сомневаюсь и до это эссе, в прочем, как использовать правильно A part of Smth or _Part of Smth- я правда встречала в некоторых книгах без артикля и поэтому прибываю в прострации.
      Прочекал сейчас Longman:
      be (a) part of something - to be included or involved in something:
      1. Falling over is part of learning how to ski.
      2. If you decide to work for our organisation, you will be part of a great team.

part - Definition from Longman English Dictionary Online

Comment

• Сообщение от Vanderley Посмотреть сообщение
        Прочекал сейчас Longman:
        be (a) part of something - to be included or involved in something:
        1. Falling over is part of learning how to ski.
        2. If you decide to work for our organisation, you will be part of a great team.

part - Definition from Longman English Dictionary Online
        Т.е. можно мне без артикля писать?

Comment

• Сообщение от Brumby Посмотреть сообщение
          Т.е. можно мне без артикля писать?
          Вы мне больше чем словарю доверяете? Мне очень приятно. И так и так пишут. Судя по скобкам артикль is optional. Вообще мне комфортнее ставить артикль тут, всё таки part - countable.

Comment

• Вот еще одно мое "творение" для закидывания гнилыми помидорами

Many historic buildings are being destroyed or damaged. What are the reasons for this? What should be done to preserve these buildings?

Through the history we often can see how historic buildings are being destroyed or damaged. In history of my country there are a lot of examples when in the beginning of last century many churches and cathedrals were destroyed. The reasons for demolition of the historic buildings are different but none of them came from a good will.
            In my country in the twentieth century many churches have been destroyed by politic regime or they were simply abandoned and destroyed when time passed. The reason of destroying and abandoning churches was a ban on religion made by government. Religion and its institutes were prohibited during Stalin's period and this leaded in loss of many historic buildings such as churches, monasteries and cathedrals.
            Other enemy of historic buildings is a war. During the war it is also very difficult to preserve historic buildings from demolition. Everything in cities and towns are being destroyed by bombing and combat actions.
            The time also takes a part in destroying process. Building without maintenance or lack of funding are being destroyed with the time by ambient factors as rain, snowfall or sun. Unpredictable nature disasters such as earthquakes or tsunamis also can be a reason of historic buildings demolition.
            In conclusion I can say that there are many reasons of loosing historic buildings. Some of them caused by humans and some by huge disasters such as war or earthquakes. Obviously people are able to save many historic buildings and they must do it. International laws and organization have been created especially to protect our historic heritage and to save historic buildings from demolition. People should obey rules created to protect them and care about them for future generations.

Заранее спасибо за критику и разбор полетов. I am aiming for band 7 and beyond!
            Last edited by kiggiss; 28.12.2011, 03:39.

Comment

• Сообщение от kiggiss Посмотреть сообщение
              Вот еще одно мое "творение" для закидывания гнилыми помидорами

[/SIZE]
              283 слова =) зачет!
              ---
              IELTS: L: ? R: ? W: ? S: ?
              ACS: готовлюсь
              спонсорство штата: готовлюсь

Comment

• In your opinion is television better then radio? Discuss and offer some relevant examples from your own experience.

There are number of media nowadays from where people get information and news. Besides the Internet, which people widely use nowadays, radio and television are still popular among us. Some prefer listen to the radio, some watch television and some do both.

Radio, the one of the greatest inventions, allows to transfer voice and music for any distance. Nowadays, there are millions of radio stations broadcasting news, programs and music. Radio is simple, cheap, portable and convenient. It is easy to have an MP3 player and listen to music or news in public transport or in your own car. I always switch on my car radio when I drive. The only, perhaps, disadvantage of radio is that you can only listen, but cannot see talker.

Television, on contrary, has no such disadvantage and allows you to see picture and all scenery recorded or even a real time action sometimes. It is another great invention which created the whole industry of entertainment. I believe that almost every house contains one or more TV sets. Nowadays, there are even portable versions of TV sets built in into car or even in mobile phone. On TV set we can watch news, reportages or movies. Some people even become addicted with television. There is probably only one disadvantage of TV that it requires full attention and it is impossible to watch it on the walk.

In conclusion I would say that it is hard to imagine our modern social life without radio and television. In my opinion television is better than radio technically. Television is more impressive and takes all attention of watcher. It is also irreplaceable for deaf people if it has close captions. Radio on the other side has its own advantages and very helpful for busy people, who has no time to watch TV. For blind people radio is the only way of getting information.
                Last edited by kiggiss; 28.12.2011, 13:59.

Comment

• Сообщение от kiggiss Посмотреть сообщение
                  Вот еще одно мое "творение" для закидывания гнилыми помидорами

Many historic buildings are being destroyed or damaged. What are the reasons for this? What should be done to preserve these buildings?

Through the history we often can see how historic buildings are being destroyed or damaged. In history of my country there are a lot of examples when in the beginning of last century many churches and cathedrals were destroyed. The reasons for demolition of the historic buildings are different but none of them came from a good will.
                  In my country in the twentieth century many churches have been destroyed by politic regime or they were simply abandoned and destroyed when time passed. The reason of destroying and abandoning churches was a ban on religion made by government. Religion and its institutes were prohibited during Stalin's period and this leaded in loss of many historic buildings such as churches, monasteries and cathedrals.
                  Other enemy of historic buildings is a war. During the war it is also very difficult to preserve historic buildings from demolition. Everything in cities and towns are being destroyed by bombing and combat actions.
                  The time also takes a part in destroying process. Building without maintenance or lack of funding are being destroyed with the time by ambient factors as rain, snowfall or sun. Unpredictable nature disasters such as earthquakes or tsunamis also can be a reason of historic buildings demolition.
                  In conclusion I can say that there are many reasons of loosing historic buildings. Some of them caused by humans and some by huge disasters such as war or earthquakes. Obviously people are able to save many historic buildings and they must do it. International laws and organization have been created especially to protect our historic heritage and to save historic buildings from demolition. People should obey rules created to protect them and care about them for future generations.

1. Вы не ответили на второй вопрос задания - What should be done to preserve these buildings?
                  2. В заключении Вы вводите новую мысль - International Laws по защите исторических ценностей (выделила красным). А где эта информация в основной части эссе? В заключении можно писать только то, что уже описано в body paragraphs и нельзя представлять какие-то новые идеи и примеры. На то оно и зовется заключением - краткое изложение сути вопроса/ответа.

Comment

• Please can you check my essay Thanks

4. Studying the English language in an English-speaking country is the best but not the only way to learn the language. Do you agree with this statement? (Model tests for the IELTS)

The English language is one of the most learned and popular language in the world. Almost all over the world English is a compulsory subject both in the school and university curriculum. There are a lot of English language courses both in English Speaking and non- English speaking countries.
                    No doubt, that learning English in the English-speaking countries is the best way and can be described as more advisable and interesting. First of all, one is immersed in the English atmosphere. Secondly, it may be very enjoyable and adventurous to learn about culture and traditions of a foreign country. Thirdly, all teachers are native speakers in the English-speaking countries. Finally, it is a great chance of making friends with people from different countries as English courses in English speaking countries are usually quite multinational.
                    But I do not fully agree with the above statement. For example, let's compare my two friends who have been English learners for two years. One of my friend started her course in Britain when her level of English was intermediate and when she returned from studies which took her eight months her level was upper-intermediate. The other friend was also the same level as the first friend and moreover, at the same time she began her upper-intermediate course but in her home country which is non -English speaking country . In eight months since starting their upper-intermediate course they both took IELTS Exams and passed them with the same scores.
                    In summary, I firmly believe that, certainly, people who have a golden opportunity of having their English lessons in any English-speaking countries are lucky ones but result of learning first of all depends on patience and diligence of an English language learners.

Comment

• Some businesses now say that no one can smoke cigarettes in any of their offices. Some governments have banned smoking
                      in all public places. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.

There are two categories of people. First do skoke. Second do not. First have rights to smoke. Second have
                      rights not to smell that.

Some time ago, in early 90's there was a complete ban for smoking in Russia. This led to people go at streets with messages
                      to the president to change that. They had told "I have a right to smoke!" or "Please give me some sigarete!". Some time
                      later on the rules had changed because of the protests.

Now people can smoke everywhere, at kid's playground, near to grossery store, at entrance to metro station or even
                      inside of it, at bus stop. Good for smokers, bad for the others and definitely bad for kids.

I agree that both categories of people should be considered, but the world trend is to put more and more limitations
                      for peolple who do smoke. Make this more expensive for them, make it harder to find a place to smoke, make it almost
                      impossible to smoke at workplace and make sure that if some smoker prohibits the rules he is going to be procecuted.

The advantages of these rules is that there is no popularisation of smoking. The less people see those who smoke
                      the less they would want to do it themselves. This will finaly make it very unpopular to smoke. Our kids will grow
                      helthy and most likely will not smoke.

The are only disadvantages for the people who smoke. But as soon as they get used to it, they will likely to agree that
                      even for them in a long term those decisions were good decitions.

Пожалуйста оцените сколько бы получил баллов?
                      Last edited by odl455; 28.12.2011, 17:56.
                      ---

Comment

• Сообщение от Milaniyamiila Посмотреть сообщение
                        4. Studying the English language in an English-speaking country is the best but not the only way to learn the language. Do you agree with this statement? (Model tests for the IELTS)

The English language is one of the most learned and popular languageS in the world. Almost everywhere in the world English is a secondary language to learn both in the school and university curriculum. There are a lot of English language courses both in English Speaking and non- English speaking countries.
                        No doubt that learning English in the English-speaking countries is the best way and can be described as more advisable and interesting. First of all, one is immersed in the English atmosphere. Secondly, it may be very enjoyable and adventurous to learn about culture and traditions of a foreign country. Thirdly, all teachers are native speakers in the English-speaking countries. Finally, it is a great chance of making friends with people from different countries as English courses in English speaking countries are usually quite multinational.
                        But I do not fully agree with the above statement. For example, let's compare my two friends who have been English learners for two years. One of my friend started her course in Britain when her level of English was intermediate and when she returned from studies which took her eight months her level was upper-intermediate. The other friend was also the same level as the first friend and moreover, at the same time she began her upper-intermediate course but in her home country which is non -English speaking country . In eight months since starting their upper-intermediate course they both took IELTS Exams and passed them with the same scores.
                        In summary, I firmly believe that, certainly, people who have a golden opportunity of having their English lessons in any English-speaking countries are lucky ones but result of learning first of all depends on patience and diligence of an English language learners.
                        Я бы так написал =) Не бить!
                        ---

Comment

• Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons
                          and examples to support your answer.

Parents supposed to be teachers. Unless you want and can hire a babysitter with techer's experience you are
                          the only people who may take care of your kid's education and character development.

During the first pre-school years you aree the people your kids spend most of their time with, you tell your
                          kids what the things are what they supposed to be used for and the most important what is good and what is bad
                          in respect to behaviour.

Your kids will likely to copy most of your behavioral patterns. If they see you throw away some garbage right
                          to the neigbor's front yard they may think that is OK to do and can do it also. If, in opposite, you would tell
                          your kids that "Look, I've never did that. That is unproper behaviour", they would understood that and likely
                          would never ever did that again throughout their life.

But practically not all parents are good teachers. Sometimes because they are simply not good people and hence
                          are not the best people for kids to learn from. SOmetimes parents have not enough skills to explain what something
                          needs or should not be done and why. This can also be harder to teach kids who go to school. The older your kids
                          are the harder for you to teach them.

Be a good parent, spend as much time with your kids as you can, teach them while they are younger. Remember that
                          it is your responsibility to develop good cahracter in your kid.
                          ---

Comment

• Noisy neighbor, your landlord is Mr. Putin.

Dear landlord , dear Mr. Putin

I have been renting your flat on 35th floor of Putin's skyscrapper for already about 10 years. You know
                            I have always been a good tenant, paid on time, never borried you with silly things like leaking water in
                            a bathroom or not working lightbulb in a badroom.

Now I am writing to you because there is a problem with one of my neighbors on the 35th floor. It looks like
                            he has recently moved in but he has already made a lot of problems for me. Main problem is a noise. Every night
                            starting from 1am till approximately 3am I hear how he is screaming something like "Putin is crook!
                            Putin is thieve! Putin go away!". I don't realy understand, but probably he things you are living here in
                            the appartment. I was trying to contact him without success.

I am also not sure why he things you are a thieve. I have a wild guess that it may be related to your 26
                            palaces all across the Russia but may be he also things you are not paying taxes well. What I think could be
                            done in that situation is you could contact him to resolve the situation.

Please don't suggest me to send a letter to the president's administration. I have already done this once without
                            any real work get done to resolve my problem. And also I am not sure that Mr. Medvedev is going to keep its
                            presidensy till the and of his time.

Please try to explain to my neighbor that his behaviour makes nothing but problems for me, for absolutely innocent
                            person. By the way his name is Mr. Navalny.

Sincerely yours,
                            Tenant

Немного пошутим =) Заодно и язык подучим. Критикуйте
                            Last edited by odl455; 28.12.2011, 20:52.
                            ---

Comment

• Сообщение от odl455 Посмотреть сообщение
                              Noisy neighbor, your landlord is Mr. Putin.

Dear landlord , dear Mr. Putin

I have been renting your flat on 35th floor of Putin's skyscrapper for already about 10 years. You know
                              I have always been a good tenant, paid on time, never borried you with silly things like leaking water in
                              a bathroom or not working lightbulb in a badroom.

Now I am writing to you because there is a problem with one of my neighbors on the 35th floor. It looks like
                              he has recently moved in but he has already made a lot of problems for me. Main problem is a noise. Every night
                              starting from 1am till approximately 3am I hear how he is screaming something like "Putin is crook!
                              Putin is thieve! Putin go away!". I don't realy understand, but probably he things you are living here in
                              the appartment. I was trying to contact him without success.

I am also not sure why he things you are a thieve. I have a wild guess that it may be related to your 26
                              palaces all across the Russia but may be he also things you are not paying taxes well. What I think could be
                              done in that situation is you could contact him to resolve the situation.

Please don't suggest me to send a letter to the president's administration. I have already done this once without
                              any real work get done to resolve my problem. And also I am not sure that Mr. Medvedev is going to keep its
                              presidensy till the and of his time.

Please try to explain to my neighbor that his behaviour makes nothing but problems for me, for absolutely innocent
                              person.

Sincerely yours,
                              Tenant

Немного пошутим =) Заодно и язык подучим. Критикуйте
                              Подонковское написание слов - это часть шутки, или Ваши ошибки?

Comment

• Сообщение от evol Посмотреть сообщение
                                Подонковское написание слов - это часть шутки, или Ваши ошибки?
                                какие именно? =) скорее всего ошибки
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X