Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Добрый день. Покритикуйте, пожалуйста, мое письмо и эссе. Заранее спасибо.

Вы сочетаете вечерние учебные курсы с полным рабочим днем и поняли, что дальше учиться не можете. Написать письмо тьютору с объяснением ситуации.

Dear Mr. Petrov,

I am writing to you to tell you, that I can not continue studying at your evening courses.

First of all I should like to thank you for organizing your evening courses, they are interesting and useful at the same time. I should like to thank you again for providing me with possibility to attend these courses.

Your courses begin at 7 p.m. as they are specially organized for working people. Unfortunately now workers of many companies can not finish their work at 6 p.m. as thy used to do before the crisis. Our company faced decrease of profit, thus it had to decline the quantity of its employees. Before the crisis there were 12 employees in our division, now 4 of them are fired and thereby 8 employees, who are still working, have to stay in the evenings in order to finish the work.

I am really upset that I can not attend your courses any more, because now my working day usually finishes an 8 p.m. and the situation on the labor market prevent me from claiming our chief to comply with the terms of labor agreement, that establishes the end of the working day at 6 p.m.

I am very grateful to you for organizing such informative and focused on practice courses, that can be attended by working people. I do believe that I shall be able to continue visiting your courses in the future.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivanova Anna

Во многих странах запрещено содержание домашних животных в квартире. Правильно это или нет?

In many countries keeping pets in flats is prohibited. Many citizens of such countries suppose that this is not fair and that their rights are unduly restricted. It seems to me, that there is no simple answer to the question whether people should be allowed to keep pets in their flats, because conditions of living in the flats differ and possibility to keep a pet depends on these conditions.

First of all people loving pets are sure, that living with pets is better than living without pets. Pets are friends that are always ay your disposal, sometimes they are the only friends of lonely people. Simultaneously most of the people wanting to keep pets suppose that they have to respect needs and wishes of pets. I am sure that neighbours of the people keeping pets shall be included in the number of those, whose interests shall be taken into account.

Then hosts of the flats often declare that their pets are happy, because they live with men and women loving them. In many cases they are right, but there are always exceptions. Although many people suppose, that “all you need is love”, it is only the part of the truth, in fact people and pets need food and territory as well, besides many pets especially some breeds of dogs need physical activity. Basic needs of food and some territory are usually satisfied, but need of physical activity is often neglected. When a dog lives in a private house, it can use backyard for playing and other activities, when its host / hostess is out of the house. A dog living in a flat can only walk with its host / hostess and very often such walks are too short. As a result deprivation of physical activity makes dogs nervous and unhappy.

People keeping pets in flats suppose that their flats belong to them and they can do what they want on their own territory. They are right, especially when they keep such pets as fishes and parrots, but when people keep cats and especially dogs, their neighbours are often involved in lives of these pets whether they like it or not. Cats in heat and dogs, when they are bored or upset, can be very loud. Neighbours are often displeased by sounds produced by pets. The only way to avoid such situation is good walls between flats that can not be penetrated by the sounds produced by pets. But most of houses are not provided with soundproof walls.

In conclusion I should like to say, that in my opinion pets should be allowed to be kept in flats only on conditions, that all needs of pets including need of physical activity are satisfied and that the rights of neighbours of people having pets are respected as well. In all other cases keeping pets in flats should be prohibited, because rights of other people (neighbours) are quite as important as rights of people wanting to keep a pet. Rights of pets to satisfy their basic needs shall also be taken into consideration.

Comment

• На что я могу рассчитывать с таким эссе?

News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspaper. What factor do you think influence their decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

It is common today that the mass media is trying to attract people’s attention in order to increase its rating to get more profit. As a result, editors are trying to convey any information, even most horrible and bad news. For many years they have been focusing on broadcasting and printing bad news, so that it seems to be that people became used to bad news. From my point of view, it would be better for society if more good news was reported.

In the first place, negative emotions could cause to another bad news. According to surveys, after releasing suicide reports, the number of people who ended up with themselves increases. Therefore, there is a direct connection between reporting a bad news and people’s negative reaction on that. Thus, it is believed that editors could stress on positive news rather than on negative one.

The second reason is that bad news makes people angrier towards to each other. Nowadays, there are tremendous amount of information which comes through every individual on daily basis. Based on this information people create their own pattern of living, which helps them to make quick decisions in their fast rhythm of life. Consequently, they absorb negative behavior pattern, which reflects on their life.

Despite the fact, that some might think that media has to reflect daily life even bad news, they usually forget about the fact, that editors tend to convey more bad news, rather than good one, even though they are of less importance.

Taking into account everything mentioned above, I am inclined to believe that if editors would bring more good news than bad one it would have positive influence on our life.

Спасибо!

Comment

• посмотрите, пожалуйста, эссе

Эссе получилось большое, прошу не придираться, просто было вдохновение
        Еще хотела спросить, с такой формулировкой ответа, достаточно ли просто ответить на поставленные вопросы, без своей точки зрения?

Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish.
        Why do you think this is happening?
        What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?

Today people consume a large amount of products. And therefore people throw away much rubbish. In order to be convenient to use goods producers pack these into various cases and boxes made from different materials such as plastic, paper, metal, and so on. And when products have been eaten people will thrown away these because it does not need any more. But when we make like this we don’t think how much rubbish is produced as a result of this action. For example, when we want to drink a bit we buy a small bottle of water or juice. And a price of this bottle is not high. But when this bottle becomes empty we throw it in rubbish bin. And we don’t recognize this action as making waste. But if we consider this problem more widely we comprehend that the environment is polluted even by one small plastic bottle. Because after the waste are thrown in bin, it isn’t usually recycled. It is simply sent to a waste dump where rubbish is collected from the whole city.

Furthermore, the waste is made by factories. Because any production always includes consumption of raw materials a certain part of these is not needed and so is thrown away. But there are companies which aim to reduce the amount of waste because it results in also costs reduction. And if company is successful and profitable it will aspire to cut its costs and so grow its profits.

However, even if companies and people want to reduce the level of waste they can not do it because there is not an appropriate infrastructure for recycling waste. Therefore this problem must be solved by governments. In this way authorities have to impose some restrictions on the amount of rubbish both for people and companies. People must be required to separate rubbish depending on the kind of material and put it in different bins. In some developed countries there are such rules for household. And after collection is made rubbish will be sent to a special recycling plant.

Moreover, the government must regulate roughly the level of waste produced by factories. Authorities can impose quantity restrictions on the waste amount that can be produced by factories. In this case factories will be forced to introduce new technology of recycling waste or work out production process when raw materials are used less. In conclusion, it is impossible to reduce rubbish without government intervention.

Comment

• Сообщение от Llutik Посмотреть сообщение
          Добрый день. Покритикуйте, пожалуйста, мое письмо и эссе. Заранее спасибо.

Добрый день. Покритикуйте, пожалуйста, мое письмо и эссе. Заранее спасибо.

Вы сочетаете вечерние учебные курсы с полным рабочим днем и поняли, что дальше учиться не можете. Написать письмо тьютору с объяснением ситуации.

Dear Mr. Petrov,

I am writing (1) to you to tell you, that I (2) can not continue studying at your evening courses.

First of all I (3) should like to thank you for organizing your evening courses, they are interesting and useful at the same time. I (4) should like to thank you again for providing me with (5) possibility to attend these courses.

Your courses (6) begin at 7 p.m. as they are (7) specially organized for working people. Unfortunately ( now workers of many companies (9) can not finish their work at 6 p.m. as thy used to (10) do before the crisis. Our company faced (11) decrease of profit, (12) thus it had to (13) decline the quantity of its employees. Before the crisis there were 12 employees in our division, now 4 of them (14) are fired and (15) thereby 8 employees, who are still working, have to (16) stay in the evenings in order to finish the work.

I am really (17) upset that I (1 can not attend your courses any more, because (19) now my working day usually finishes (20) an 8 p.m. and the situation on the (21) labor market (22) prevent me from (23) claiming our (24) chief to comply with the terms of (25) labor agreement, that (26) establishes the end of the working day at 6 p.m.

I am very grateful to you for organizing such informative and (27) focused on practice courses, that can be attended by (2 working people. I do believe that I shall be able to continue (29) visiting your courses in the future.

Sincerely yours,
          Ivanova Anna

(1) “to you” – lishnee
          (2) cannot – odno slovo
          (3) would – luchshe
          (4) smotri (3)
          (5) the- nado. t.k. “possibility” opedeljatesja sledujuschimi slovami.
          (6) zdes’ lushche “start”, a ne “begin”, hotja v principe net raznicy.
          (7) specifically – luchshe?
          ( “now” zsed’ korjavo t.k. podrazumevaet “v siju sekundu”. Luchshe: “as of recently”, “these days”, dazhe toshnotvornoe “nowadays” zdes’ bylo by umestno.
          (9) sm. (2)
          (10) “do” – lishnee
          (11) decrease in profits = losses. Our company is facing losses…
          (12) “thus” zdes’ korjavo, luchshe “therefore” ili “because of that”
          (13) to reduce the number of its employees – luchshe?
          (14) ne “are”, a “have been”. Ili “have lost their jobs” – luchshe?
          (15) ne “thereby”, a “therefore” ili “as a result” ili chto-to v etom rode. Thereby – zdes’ – oshibka!
          (16) Zdes’ “stay” korjavo. Nuzhen ili kakoj-nibud’ phrasa verb ili “work in the evening”
          (17) “upset” oznachaet sil’noe emocional’noe rastrojstvo, chut’ ne do slez. Osobenno v kombinacii so slovom “really”. Vy eto imeete v vidu?
          (1 smotri (2)
          (19) smotri ( osobenno v sochetanii s “usually”
          (20) at – opechatka
          (21) labour – vy edete v Avstraliju!
          (22) prevents
          (23) “claim” zdes’ neverno. Demand, make him compliant?
          (24) manager ili boss, a ne chief. Chief eto u indejcev!
          (25) THE labour agreement = contract
          (26) stipulates, a ne establishes
          (27) focused on practice = practical – luchshe?
          (2 working people = people who work during the day. Inache smysl “rabochij klass”. Working man = rabochij (v klassovom smysle)
          (29) attending, a ne visiting. Bol’shaja oshibka!
          Здесь небо ясно и яро, Здесь воздух чист и светел,
          Тобой здесь дышит сам ветер, Команданте Че Гевара
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSRVtlTwFs8

Comment

• Добрый вечер
            Вот решила написать свое первое письмо. Надеюсь оно близко к тому, что требуется показать на экзамене. Очень прошу указать на все мои ошибки не только грамматические но и по структуре, если такие есть. Спасибо.

There is a tree beside your room, which brings some problem to your study and life. Write a letter to the authority to explain the problem and give them your suggestion.

Dear Mr

I am writing to your service because I am very disappointed with the situation of the tree, which grows near my house.

Firstly, the tree closes the view from my window. It is important for me to look through the window when I am depressed. What is more, I can’t see my car because of the tree and I always worry about it, because I don’t want that someone steels it one day.

Another very important thing for me is the sun. Leafs of the tree do not proof the light into my room. I strongly believe that I can loose my sign because I make studying using artificial light and not the real one.

I thing the problem could be solved if you would be so kind and could transplant the tree to another place not close to my window or cut its branches a little. Furthermore, you can replace the tree with the flowers or other small plans.

I am very grateful for your organization and hope to see the results as soon as possible.

Best regards,
            Yulia
            DIAC, 175- Подача 6.04.2011
            Visa granted 3.01.2013

Comment

• И вот второе.

You want to visit a library in the University to collect some materials according to your project when you are in London. Write a letter to ask some questions about this.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to ask some help in finding some very important information to make my assignment.

This information is connected with abnormal animal behavior in London zoo. That is the reason why I came to London and study the process better. What I need to know is whether you have any old magazines which describes incidents which where happened last year in the zoo. Also I would be very appreciate if you corresponded with other libraries and help me to find the report of Doctor Roberts, which he represented a month ago.

Another thing I would be interested in is if I need any document to proof my identity when I come to the library. Furthermore, I have heart from one of my friend that it is possible to take some materials on abonement. Do you have such option for foreign students?

I would be very appreciate of any help from your side. And I want to thank you for spending your time on me.

Sincerely yours,
              Yulia
              Last edited by Yulia_N; 11.07.2009, 05:08.
              Visa granted 3.01.2013

Comment

• Сообщение от Yulia_N Посмотреть сообщение
                .....Yulia
                Я бы хотела сделать замечание общего порядка, а не по поводу конкретного письма или эссе.

Ваша проблема (с точки зрения английского языка) в том, что Вы переводите с русского. Читая Ваши письма я могу себе легко представить русское предложение и подход к решению проблемы.

Мне кажется, что Вам надо попробовать пойти 'от обратного', т.е. сделать выкладку из учебников или просто сайтов с примерами писем и 'играть' с заготовками. Вам ведь больше 6-ки не надо, если я правильно поняла?

To illustrate my point consider the following:
                Firstly, the tree closes the view from my window. ... русское 'закрывает'. По английский должно быть blocks
                This information is connected with abnormal animal behavior русское 'связано'. По английски так сказать нельзя. Возможные, и наиболее употребительные варианты: regarding or with regards to

etc
                В первом письме неправильное структура. Должно быть:
                1. Цель написация письма
                2. Об'яснения

У Вас же наоборот.
                Для справки: это не стуртура письма или эссе, это подход такой во всем. Структура письма или эссе - отражение образа мышления.

Comment

• Спасибо. Да надо хотя бы 6ки, но время еще есть. Пока ничего толкого не нашла по эссе и по письмам. Вот может кто ссылками работающими поделится. Знаю что есть такое Succesfull writing. Хотела бы глянуть эту книжку.
                  Visa granted 3.01.2013

Comment

• [QUOTE=natalya_ielts;1070803]Эссе получилось большое, прошу не придираться, просто было вдохновение
                    Еще хотела спросить, с такой формулировкой ответа, достаточно ли просто ответить на поставленные вопросы, без своей точки зрения?
                    Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish.
                    Why do you think this is happening?
                    What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?

Today people consume a large amount of products and throw away plenty of rubbish. We use different packing materials such as plastic, paper, metal and wood. When food is eaten people throw away food containers because they do not need them any more. We don’t think how much rubbish is produced as a result of this action. For example, when we want to drink a bit we buy a small bottle of water or juice. Price of this bottle is not high. When this bottle becomes empty we throw it in rubbish bin. We do not recognize this action as waste creating . If we consider about this problem more widely we comprehend that the environment is polluted even by one small plastic bottle. After the waste is thrown in bin, it isn’t usually recycled. It is simply sent to a waste dump where rubbish is collected from the whole city. (непонятное предложение)

Furthermore,factories create great amount of waste. Any manufactory process always includes consumption of raw materials and they throw away a certain part of it. However there are companies which are trying to reduce the amount of waste because it may have positive effect on a costs of production. If company is successful and profitable it will aspire to cut its costs and grow its profits.

However, even if companies and people want to reduce the level of waste they can not do it because there is not an appropriate infrastructure for recycling waste. Therefore this problem may be solved by governments. In this way authorities have to impose some restrictions on the amount of rubbish both for people and companies. People must be required to separate rubbish according of a materials type and put it in different bins. In some developed countries there are such rules for household. In this way collected rubbish will be sent to a special recycling plant.

Moreover, the government must regulate roughly the level of waste produced by factories. Authorities can impose quantity restrictions on the waste amount that can be produced by factories. (Повторяет смысл предыдущего предложения)In this case factories will be forced to introduce new waste recycling technologies or modify manufactory process. In conclusion, it is impossible to reduce rubbish without government intervention.
                    Начинать предложение с And, But – дурной тон. Для этого есть слова типа Moreover & However. Хотя использованный словарный запас достаточно внушительный (много синонимов и специфичных слов) есть некоторая путаность мыслей из-за чего некоторые предложения зачастую бессмысленны для нейтивов.

Насчет структуры.
                    Ее просто нет. Хотя есть некоторые личности утверждавшие что можно сдать на нормальную оценку вообще не использую структуры. Меня уже критиковали за мою педантичность насчет шаблонов. Поэтому сильно развивать эту тему не буду. Скажу только что эссе не отвечает структуре «классического эссе» а больше похоже на сочинение.

Оценку выставлять не берусь. Может 6 может меньше...
                    Don't give in without a fight (c) Pink Floyd

Comment

• Сообщение от golova Посмотреть сообщение
                      На что я могу рассчитывать с таким эссе?

News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspaper. What factor do you think influence their decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

It is common today that the mass media is trying to attract people’s attention in order to increase its rating to get more profit. As a result, editors are trying to convey any information, even most horrible and bad news. For many years they have been focusing on broadcasting and printing bad news, so that it seems to be that people became used to bad news. From my point of view, it would be better for society if more good news was reported.

In the first place, negative emotions could cause to another bad news. According to surveys, after releasing suicide reports, the number of people who ended up with themselves increases. Therefore, there is a direct connection between reporting a bad news and people’s negative reaction on that. Thus, it is believed that editors could stress on positive news rather than on negative one.

The second reason is that bad news makes people angrier towards to each other. Nowadays, there are tremendous amount of information which comes through every individual on daily basis. Based on this information people create their own pattern of living, which helps them to make quick decisions in their fast rhythm of life. Consequently, they absorb negative behavior pattern, which reflects on their life.

Despite the fact, that some might think that media has to reflect daily life even bad news, they usually forget about the fact, that editors tend to convey more bad news, rather than good one, even though they are of less importance.

Taking into account everything mentioned above, I am inclined to believe that if editors would bring more good news than bad one it would have positive influence on our life.

Спасибо!
                      Прочитал эссе. Составленно достаточно грамотно. Значительных ошибок не нашел. (не обязательно это значит что их нет. Просто мой уровень недостаточен для их обнаружения. Мне нужно 6.0).

Думаю что вам нужно 7.0. Вроде бы соответствует. Но я могу и ошибаться.

ЗЫ: Тем более что тема достаточно сложная/специфичная.
                      Don't give in without a fight (c) Pink Floyd

Comment

• Сообщение от golova Посмотреть сообщение

It is common today that the mass media is trying to attract people’s attention in order to increase its rating to get more profit. As a result, editors are trying to convey any information, even most horrible and bad news. For many years they have been focusing on broadcasting and printing bad news, so that it seems to be (1) that people became used to bad news (2). From my point of view, it would be better for society if more good news was reported. In the first place, negative emotions could cause to (3) another bad news. According to surveys, after releasing suicide reports, the number of people who ended up (4) with themselves increases. Therefore, there is a direct connection between reporting a bad news and people’s negative reaction on that. Thus, it is believed that editors could stress on positive news rather than on negative one (5). The second reason is that bad news makes people angrier towards to each (6) other. Nowadays, there are tremendous amount of information which comes through every individual on daily basis. Based on this information people create their own pattern of living, which helps them to make quick decisions in their fast rhythm of life. Consequently, they absorb negative behavior pattern, which reflects on their life. Despite the fact, that (7) some might think that (media has to reflect daily life even bad news, they usually forget about the fact, that editors tend to convey more bad news, rather than good one, even though they are of less importance (9). Taking into account everything mentioned above, I am inclined to believe that if editors would bring (10) more good news than bad one it would have positive influence on our (11) life.
                        1. Разговорное выражение. Лучше его не использовать в сочинении.
                        2. Три раза за абзац встречается это словосочетание.
                        3. ...could cause another bad news. Не нужно ставить to
                        4. Это разговорное выражение. Вместо этого есть книжное выражение to commit suicide.
                        5. ones
                        6. towards each other. Здесь тоже не надо to. Но я думаю, это у вас описка была.
                        7. Запятая перед that никогда не ставится (исключение - если предложение слишком длинное, и запятая помоагет понять смысл).
                        8. А вот здесь слово that вообще можно пропустить, дабы избежать повторения.
                        9. Очень длинное и сложное предложение. Его нужно разделить.
                        10. Вы так хорошо использовали if-would в других предложениях, что я чуть не пропустила здесь вашу ошибку Конечно же, здесь прошедшее время. If editors brought more news... (В таких предложениях всегда if + прош.вр.)
                        11. Не очень они любят, когда используется our, we. Лучше писать people, audience, или еще что-то. (Но это совсем не существенно)

Вообще, согласна с Grifffin , сочинение составлено на довольно высоком уровне. Я не смотрела структуру, но по грамматике вы молодец!
                        Долго мы будем болтаться как маркитантская лодка? Мне до смерти надоел капитан...
                        Хватит ему командовать! Я хочу жить в его каюте!

Comment

• оффтопик:

Хочу поблагодарить эту ветку: хороших людей, которые проверяют тут наши творения. Экзамен сдан.

Comment

• Покритикуйте, пожалуйста, мое творение. на что можно расчитывать, что подтянуть? Спасибо!

Many people believe that high salary is the most important feature of a job. Others say that the job has to be satisfied for society. Discuss these points of view and give your own opinion.

Throughout this century the job has significantly changed and the majority of people believe that this change is for the better. Nowadays, we have enough possibilities for getting a work with a high salary. Some people think that main thing of their job is a satisfaction, but there are others who refute it. These points of view will be discussed in this order.

It is believed by some that a pleasure from work is the most principal part of any job. For example, if people are satisfied their work, they always have a good mood. In addition, a pleasant job helps us to save our nerves and live in harmony with the others. Then, they understand that happiness is not only money and can feel the joy of life without huge salary. Thus, it is obvious why some people gravitate towards this point of view.

On the other hand, many people think that large salary is the most important part of their job. For instance, if a man earns high salary, he can buy such expensive things as a luxurious car, a yacht and a big apartment. Moreover, he can get a high-qualification medicine help in any time and go to a beautiful five stars hotel for rent as well. Therefore, after analyzing these facts, it is clear why a lot of people support this idea.

Taking everything above mentioned into account, I would like to say that we should have both of a satisfaction and high salary at the work. As it has been shown, all these features are important for us. I believe, that people can find a good combination between the salary and the pleasure from their job in 21st century.
                            Last edited by VOlya; 12.07.2009, 20:33.
                            on maternity leave...
                            01.02.2011 261313 Software Engineer

Comment

• Yulia_N, почитайте темку Writing. Как его оценивают? По СЕКРЕТУ ВСЕМ... , на сайте uz-translations.su есть множество книг, в том числе и Successful Writing
                              Если ты чего-нибудь хочешь, вся Вселенная будет способствовать тому, чтобы желание твоё сбылось.
                              IELTS: L6.5/R8.5/W6.5/S7

Comment

• Спасибо. Обязательно почитаю.
                                Visa granted 3.01.2013

Comment

Working...
                                X