Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• newjersey

Спасибо огромное за проверку!
    Буду разбираться с этим эссей еще раз, учитывая исправления.

Comment

• newjersey

Большое Вам спасибо за проверку. Ваши исправления очень ценны для меня.
      Александр Усов.
      MODL ASCO Code - 2231-79(C# программист)
      IELTS L6.0 R4.0 W5.5 S6.0 over 5.5 (23 January 2010)
      IELTS L5.5 R6.0 W6.5 S7.0 over 6.5 (17 April 2010)
      IELTS L6.5 R6.5 W6.0 S6.5 over 6.5 (17 July 2010) Ура!!!!!

Comment

NI Traktor | NI Maschine | Ecler EVO5 :)
        Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

• (1) have an opinion - устойчивая фраза. Видна калька с русского - "придерживаться мнения"
          V angliyskom vse je est eto slovosochentanie "hold an opinion" ( sprosila muja -native i proverila po google). Mojno eshe skazt "take a view".

Comment

• Сообщение от Ulduz
            (1) have an opinion - устойчивая фраза. Видна калька с русского - "придерживаться мнения"
            V angliyskom vse je est eto slovosochentanie "hold an opinion" ( sprosila muja -native i proverila po google). Mojno eshe skazt "take a view".
            да, у меня в учебнике тоже есть "hold an opinion".

Comment

• Нууу, можно так говорить, поймут вас, я имел ввиду что have an opinion намного более распространенное выражение. Я вижу гугль в ход пошел - так на фразу (кавычки обязательно, чтобы перестановки не считались) "hold an opinion" получается 80 тыс. хитов, а на "have an opinion" - 4 миллиона. Учебников английского я не читал с 2го курса института, да и опыта организованного изучения языка у меня очень мало - институтский уровень даже на интермедиате не потянет по-моему. Весь мой запас из практики, поэтому поправляйте меня тоже Ж).
              Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

• My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

have an opinion-have an idea toward something
                hold opinion with-agree with

смотря что вы имеете в виду, обе фразы употребляются в англ.языке

Comment

• Сообщение от newjersey
                  Нууу, можно так говорить, поймут вас, я имел ввиду что have an opinion намного более распространенное выражение. Я вижу гугль в ход пошел - так на фразу (кавычки обязательно, чтобы перестановки не считались) "hold an opinion" получается 80 тыс. хитов, а на "have an opinion" - 4 миллиона. Учебников английского я не читал с 2го курса института, да и опыта организованного изучения языка у меня очень мало - институтский уровень даже на интермедиате не потянет по-моему. Весь мой запас из практики, поэтому поправляйте меня тоже Ж).

У вас поправлять эссе получается очень хорошо, просто не хотелось, чтобы Уля перестала пользоватьса этим словосочетанием, считая его ошибочным.

Comment

• Сообщение от Ulduz
                    Сообщение от newjersey
                    Нууу, можно так говорить, поймут вас, я имел ввиду что have an opinion намного более распространенное выражение. Я вижу гугль в ход пошел - так на фразу (кавычки обязательно, чтобы перестановки не считались) "hold an opinion" получается 80 тыс. хитов, а на "have an opinion" - 4 миллиона. Учебников английского я не читал с 2го курса института, да и опыта организованного изучения языка у меня очень мало - институтский уровень даже на интермедиате не потянет по-моему. Весь мой запас из практики, поэтому поправляйте меня тоже Ж).

У вас поправлять эссе получается очень хорошо, просто не хотелось, чтобы Уля перестала пользоватьса этим словосочетанием, считая его ошибочным.
                    Словосочетание не ошибочное, просто имеет другую коннотацию (см. выше - выражение согласия) и намного реже употребимо. а так, спасибо за комплимент.
                    Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

• I friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination. Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, where you stayed, what you can do there and what the food was like
                      Hello!

It is nice to hear from you again! How are you doing?

As you wrote, you're going on holiday and would like to hear a piece of my advice. I honestly recommend you to visit Thailand. In my opinion, beach recreation is the best for winter vacation, it'll absolutely help you to wash out your job weariness. The season is in bloom by the way. The country is very sunny and bright. Thai people are wonderful and full of joy and hospitality. My spouse and I had visited it 3 months ago and we liked every minute of our vacation. I specially recommend you to fly to Phuket island as it's known to be the quietest and the most beautiful. The beach is wonderful (the send cracks like a snow and is astonishingly white). There are plenty of genuine Thai food and exotic lucius fruits of names we'd never heard. Pubs and disco clubs are present as well - for the case you'll wish to get rid of island's slowness and shake yourself a bit.
                      No doubt you'll enjoy it.

Sincerely Yours,
                      Oleg.
                      Первое письмо(около 10 минут). Мануалов по написанию пока не читал. Интересна ваша оценка нынешнего уровня, до активной подготовки.[/quote]

Comment

• Last week you were on a flight to London. Unfortunately, when you left the plane, you left a bag. You did not remember about the bug until you got to your hotel. Write a letter to the airline. Explain what has happened, describe the bag and its contents and say what you would like them to do about it.
                        Dear Sir/Madam!

I'm writing to you in connection with a sad episode that had happened to me on a flight. About 2 weeks ago i took a flight to London by the airlines of yours. As i found recently, i was unhappy to leave a bag of mine. I'm sure i'd left it onboard since i hadn't had a baggage. It is a mid-sized backpack stuffed with my summer clothes(shorts and 3 t-shirts, if I'm not mistaken though) and, the most important, my working laptop. I'm also recalling a heap of CDs and my spare cell-phone labeled Nokia. Besides, there were a pack of precious documents in a front pocket. The bag is approximately 35 liters of volume, shady blue with orange triangle on its top. Unfortunately, it;s address label was not filled in by me, so the features described above is all i can give you.

I would really appreciate you to take any appropriate actions to find it. Please, call me at my cellphone number +71234567 if you find it. I'll be able to give you my current address by that time to manage a dispatch.

Wishfully,
                        Oleg.
                        12 минут.

Comment

• Сообщение от vsnb
                          Первое письмо(около 10 минут). Мануалов по написанию пока не читал. Интересна ваша оценка нынешнего уровня, до активной подготовки.
                          По-моему, ваш уровень очень хороший.
                          Несколько небольших ошибок, что заметил: sand, luscious.

И, мне кажется, в этих двух предложениях времена неправильные:
                          "My spouse and I had visited it 3 months ago..."
                          "There are plenty of genuine Thai food and exotic lucius fruits of names we'd never heard."

Мануалы почитайте, ибо структура письма не совсем правильная. Надо разбить на абзацы и вместо "Sincerely yours" лучше написать что-нибудь типа "Best wishes".

Comment

• Сообщение от vsnb
                            12 минут.
                            Еще 5 минут потратить на исправление ошибок и получится отличное письмо!

И мануалы обязательно стоит почитать. Для официальных писем есть четкие правила оформления - нельзя использовать сокращения типа "I'd", начинаться письмо должно "Dear Sir/Madam," , заканчиваться "Yours faithfully, имя фамилия."

Comment

• Сообщение от vsnb
                              Last week you were on a flight to London. Unfortunately, when you left the plane, you left a bag. You did not remember about the bug until you got to your hotel. Write a letter to the airline. Explain what has happened, describe the bag and its contents and say what you would like them to do about it.
                              Dear Sir/Madam!

I'm writing to you in connection with a sad episode that had happened to me on a flight. About 2 weeks ago i took a flight to London by the airlines of yours (1). As i found recently, i was unhappy to leave a bag of mine. I'm sure i'd left it onboard since i hadn't had a baggage. It is a mid-sized backpack stuffed (2) with my summer clothes(shorts and 3 t-shirts, if I'm not mistaken though) and, the most important, my working laptop. I'm also recalling a heap of CDs and my spare cell-phone labeled Nokia (3). Besides, there were a pack of precious documents (4) in a front pocket. The bag is approximately 35 liters of volume, shady blue with orange triangle on its top. Unfortunately, it;s (5) address label was not filled in by me, so the features described above is all i can give you.

I would really appreciate you to take any (6) appropriate actions to find it. Please, call me at my cellphone number +71234567 if you find it. I'll be able to give you my current address by that time to manage a dispatch.

Wishfully,
                              Oleg.
                              12 минут.
                              Оч. хор, несколько замечаний -
                              (1) я бы написал более четко и формально - летел таким то рейсом такого-то числа
                              (2) stuffed - неделовая лексика, если слово просто убрать, смысл не изменится
                              (3) просто Nokia cellphone
                              (4) precious - драгоценный, говорят (very) important documents
                              (5) its - похоже была попытка поставить апостроф, он там не нужен
                              (6) я бы сказал I would really appreciate if you could help me find it, а то слишком жестяная фраза получилась.
                              Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

• Товарищи, выдавил из себя жалкое подобие первого в жизни эссе =) Ткните носом, пожалуйста - уж очень непревычное дело и странные ощущения в мозгу =) В районе 288 слов.

Children today are too dependent on computers and electronic entertainment. it would be better for them to be outside playing sports and taking part in more traditional pastimes than spending all day indoors. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

It is a well known fact that modern generation relays and depends on computers a lot. These bleeding-edge pieces of equipment have affected modern life dramatically. Though it is not always good: people tend to forget their true nature of creatures who need to exercise and, even more drastic, to socialize. Special concern is about children, because they are not able to understand things well and to take responsibility cunsiously. I'm thoroughly agree that computer dependence is often bad.

First of all, as I previously mentioned, spending ones entire time hunching indoors is definitely bad for health. I think, children should not be allowed to do that by obvious reasons: they're growing organisms who strongly need appropriate environment for development and growth. Healthy outdoor activity like sport games, fishing, boy scouting and so on is a great alternative. 'Healthy body makes healthy mind' - Aristotle has spoken.

Second of all, their minds grow too. Minds development should not be affected by any kind of mental addiction, to which electronic games addiction obviously relies too, because it prevents children from growing balanced and personalities which is crucial for life success. Besides that, staying at home all the time builds up a wall between child and the rest of the world. Children strongly need to communicate with others, they inevitably need to learn how to start relations with other people, to learn how to communicate, etc. All aforementioned shall add to their future success in life.

Summarizing all the fact that were described, it can be sad that children should be protected from overuse of computers and modern digital games/ gadgets. This, as i think, is the only way to become a healthy person with balanced mind with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X