Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Вот такую тему выбрал для упражнений. Сначала казалось, что писать нечего, потом родилось такое... Как вам?

Animals also have emotions and feel equal pain as humans. We should stop all pharmaceutical companies from doing trials on innocent animals. Give your opinion in not less than 250 words.
    ------------------------------------------
    During last decades trials on animals becomes more wide spread. Some people suppose that animals can feel the same pain as human and consequently trials should be stoped. Opponents claim that such experiments give humanity a lot of useful knowledge and irreplaceable medicines. Thus, this is not an easy topic for discuss but in this essay I will try to look at this issue.

As far as I am concerned about pharmacy, the majority of sych trials on animals have an aim to develop new kinds of pills or medicine for human. Therefore, these trials have a good base and a positive idea. For example, there are a lot of different deceases which can not be healed in ordinary known ways. Nevertheless, there is a potential possibility of finding new methods of healing which can help some people to survive. Although, I am not ready to say that the life of a single man is equal to the lifes of few animals.

I say so, because some scientists suppose that animals feel pain like human. In this case, all trials are a terrible crime against the Nature. I do agree with this statement because I can see with my own eyes that animals can be happy and even laugh in some cases or look tired and angry in other cases. Thus, experiments on alive and sensitive creatures can not be held without harm or pain to them.

As we can see, there are many aspects to this question. Taking into consideration given arguments it can be concluded that using trials on animals in pharmacy industry harms to animals but gives new types of medicines. In my opinion, humanity should carefully estimate the value of such trials and perhaps stop this practice.
    Мы поедем, мы помчимся, на коалах утром ранним!

Comment

• Прошу проверить письмо-заявление
      Тема: You want to apply for the following job. Write a letter to Mr Moore describing your previous experience and explaining why you would be suitable for the job. Announcement: waiter /waitress required for evening work. Some experience necessary. Write to: Mr K.Moore

Dear Mr. Moore
      I am writing in response to your advertisement for the position of waiter in Japan restaurant, which appeared in the Daily Times on 21 July.

I am 21 year old and currently studying in Moscow State University. I have one year’s experience working in Italian restaurant as a waiter. In addition, I have took course in Hospitality in the same restaurant.

I feel that I would be well-suited for the position because I love working with people. I have excellent communication skills and moreover I am patient and responsible. Despite I am studding in the university I have free time after 18 P.M. and I could be useful for you.

I would be happy to attend an interview at a time convenient for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions. I may be contacted at the above address, or by telephone on 435 1708.

Yours sincerely,
      Alexander.
      MODL ASCO Code - 2231-79(C# программист)
      IELTS L6.0 R4.0 W5.5 S6.0 over 5.5 (23 January 2010)
      IELTS L5.5 R6.0 W6.5 S7.0 over 6.5 (17 April 2010)
      IELTS L6.5 R6.5 W6.0 S6.5 over 6.5 (17 July 2010) Ура!!!!!

Comment

• To newjersey

Большое спасибо за проверку!
        Буду дальше стараться улучшать качество.

Comment

• Сообщение от Алексей Викторович
          Вот такую тему выбрал для упражнений. Сначала казалось, что писать нечего, потом родилось такое... Как вам?

Animals also have emotions and feel equal pain as humans. We should stop all pharmaceutical companies from doing trials on innocent animals. Give your opinion in not less than 250 words.
          ------------------------------------------
          During last decades trials on animals (1) becomes (2) more wide spread. Some people suppose (3) that animals can feel the same pain as human(4) and consequently (5) trials should be stoped. Opponents claim that such (6) experiments give humanity a lot of useful knowledge and irreplaceable medicines. Thus, (7) this is not an easy topic for discuss (8 ) but in this essay I will try to look at this issue (9).

As far as I am concerned about pharmacy (10), the majority of sych (11) trials on animals have an aim to develop new kinds of pills or medicine for human (12). Therefore, these trials have a good base (13) and a positive idea. For example, there are a lot of different deceases which can not be healed (14) in ordinary known ways. Nevertheless, there is a potential possibility (15)of finding new methods of healing (16) which can help some people to survive (17). Although, I am not ready to say that the life of a single man is equal to the lifes of few animals (1.

I say so, because some scientists suppose (19) that animals feel pain like human(20). In this case, all trials are a terrible crime against the Nature. I do agree with this statement (21) because I can see with my own eyes that animals can be happy and even laugh in some cases or look tired and angry in other cases. Thus (22), experiments on alive and sensitive creatures can not be held without harm or pain to them (23).

As we can see, there are many aspects to this question (24). Taking into consideration given arguments (25) it can be concluded (26) that using trials on animals in pharmacy industry (27) harms to animals (28 ) but gives new types of medicines (29). In my opinion, humanity should carefully estimate the value of such trials and perhaps stop this practice.
          В целом - структура Balanced Argument соблюдена - вводная-за/против-вывод. Может я придираюсь сильно (скажите если что) - понять можно и так, но на стилистику обращают внимание.

(1) animal trials по моему лучше (часто встречающееся выражение. Trials on animals тоже встречается, но редко. в Гугле дает меньше 1000 хитов, верхний из Хиндухреникакойто точка ком - подозрительно)
          (2) became - прошлое время, потому что last decades
          (3) по моему лучше suggest. Это намного ближе по значению к claim (в след. предложении), а то suppose это скорее гипотетическое предположение, требующее доказательств - аргумента не состоится если с одной стороны claim (предъявление) а с другой что-то типа "может быть". (19) то же самое
          (4) humanS (потому что anials) - или все в единственном числе - that an animal can feel the same pain as a human.
          (5) consequently как то не звучит, похоже на прямой перевод с русского "следовательно". Я бы сказал ...and *that* these trials...
          (6) придираюсь - such не звучит, мы про эксперименты ничего еще не сказали. Я бы сказал these
          (7) я бы не стал ставить вводное слово
          (8 ) for discussion или to discuss
          (9) look at - это буквально "посмотреть" на что то. Рассмотреть вопрос - address an issue, хотя здесь я бы лучше размыл границы - This is not an easy(simple) topic (subject), but in this essay I will try to address some issues.
          (10) Если это "то что я знаю про фармацевтику" - Я бы лучше сказал From what I know about pharmacy, .... As far as <something> is concerned - используется обычно в перечисляемом перечне (на первое это, на второе это, ну и as far as компот - так его не будет)
          (11) such
          (12), (20) humanS
          (13) good basis
          (14) heal это глагол возвратный, в основном, когда что то выздоровело (the wound healed by itself). Если мы только о знахарях не говорим, эти все heal. Здесь правильно can not be *cured*
          (15) масло масляное. Или There is a potential, или there is a possibility
          (16) new methods of cure. Если healing, то не нужны trials, ищем новые способы как оно само пройдет.
          (17) help some people survive, без To. В конструкции Help-(кому/чему)-глагол "to" не употребляется. Глагол всегда в инфинитиве (без to)
          (1 few означает 2-3, редко больше. По аналогии - couple - 2 (еще парочку). Дальше идет several, которая означает between a few and a lot. Чтобы совсем не ломать фразу, лучше всего подошло бы several.
          (21) запятая
          (22) therefore
          (23) without causing them harm and pain - хотя по отдельности можно "without pain", "without harm" или "without harm to them". Вместе не звучит
          (24) лучше issue
          (25) порядок слов, устойчивое выражение - taking my(given) arguments into consideration
          (26) стилистика - все письмо с личными взглядами, в конце it can be concluded - не соответствует, слишком формально.
          Из 25-26 я бы перефразировал, начал бы предложение с - It is obvious that animal trials ...
          (27) pharmacy, если с промышленностью, то pharmaceutical industry - сложное слово ж) кстати за орфографию тоже снижают баллы, лучше не использовать если до конца не уверены в написании
          (28 ) ИЛИ causes harm to animals ИЛИ harms animals. То есть или слово пропущено или To лишнее.
          (29) прокурорская стилистика, придираюсь - какую сторону вопроса мы занимаем? если утверждение про вред доказано (очевидно, или не требует доказательств), то causes harm. если еще нет, то (в порядке увеличения вероятности) - there is an opinion that (...) causes harm, it is possible that it may be causing harm, it may cause harm. Или, упрощенно, "supposedely" causes harm, но это уже граничит с издевкой. То что новые лекарства появляются, сомнений нет, можно лишь раскрыть, что trials это лишь часть их создания - gives устанавливает казуальную связь (слишком жестко. нет ножек - нет мультиков) - я бы сказал allows for new medicines to be created.
          NI Traktor | NI Maschine | Ecler EVO5 :)
          Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

• Сообщение от Alexander Usov
            Прошу проверить письмо-заявление
            Тема: You want to apply for the following job. Write a letter to Mr Moore describing your previous experience and explaining why you would be suitable for the job. Announcement: waiter /waitress required for evening work. Some experience necessary. Write to: Mr K.Moore

Dear Mr. Moore
            I am writing in response to your advertisement for the position of waiter in (0 ) Japan restaurant, which appeared in the Daily Times on 21 July.

I am 21 year old and currently studying in (1) Moscow State University. I have one year’s (2) experience working in (3) Italian restaurant as a waiter. In addition, I have took (4) course in Hospitality in the same restaurant.

I feel that I would be well-suited for the position (5) because I love working with people. I have excellent communication skills and moreover I am patient and responsible. Despite I am (6) studding (7) in the university I have free time after 18 P.M. (8 ) and I could be useful for you (9).

I would be happy to attend an interview at a time convenient for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions. I may be contacted (10) at the above address, or by telephone on 435 1708.

Yours sincerely,
            Alexander.
            правка легкая, запятые-артикли, пару стилистических моментов
            (0 ) in a Japanese restaurant
            (1) the ?
            (2) one year of experience
            (3) in an Italian
            (4) took a course
            (5) запятая ?
            (6) После Despite всегда следует "the fact", а "I am studying" это действие. Или despite the fact that I am studying ИЛИ despite me studying in the University,
            (7) Studying
            (8 ) или 6pm или 18, вместе не употребляется.
            (9) отвлекаясь от контекста - could be useful *to* you, Но в письмах о приеме на работу такими лучше не оперировать, стилистически неверно говорить что я вам пригожусь. I have free time after 18-00 -- and I am currently looking for an additional source of income -- and I could apply my previous experience and training as a waiter in your restaurant.
            (10) contact- may be contacted употребляется подряд, лучше использовать синонимы - do not hesitate to contact me - I can be reached by phone xxxx or email @@@/ You can reach me after 18-00 on the xxxxxxxx, please do not hesitate to call if you need any character references or have any other questions.

Если слов надо побольше, в письмах всегда можно ссылаться на приложения - please find attached (enclosed) a copy of my curriculum vitae (хотя говорят, что пока вы не академик, то это называется resume ), copies of two reference letters from my previous employers and a copy of a certificate, confirming completion of the Hospitality course, copy of my medical records, showing no communicable deceases.
            Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

• Усиленно готовлюсь, спасибо Вам за помощь и поддержку, уже начинается мандраж...
              пожалуйста, оцените и покритикуйте еще одно мое творение:

All education, primary, secondary and further education, should be free to all people and paid for by the government. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Throughout this century education have significantly changed and the majority of people believe that this change is for the better. As long as 100 years ago people were uneducated; while now our children want to improve their skills and get good education. Some people thing, that all kinds of education should be paid. However, from my point of view, there is still a great deal of free education for all people.

There are several reasons why education should be available for everyone. First of all, free access to primary schools and libraries sources is right of any person in my country. This right should not depend from income level in a family. Our government should give free education to all citizens, because it does our society more cultural and tolerant. Moreover, educational people live in harmony with other nations.

Secondly, education without fee brings economic benefits for a country. If people know literacy and numeracy, they can work more productive. In addition, people having secondary education usually become professionals and they pay a lot of money to the government as a tax.

There are some critics who claim that education should bу available only for money, although, I do not agree with them. Some people live in poverty and have talented children, but they could not pay for their education. It is terrible situation and free education can give their young children a opportunity of good life.

In conclusion, I would like to underline that we live in fascination and constantly changing world and we do not forget about the importance of free education. I believe, that it will wide develop in all countries for all citizens.
              (277 words)
              on maternity leave...
              01.02.2011 261313 Software Engineer

Comment

• Сообщение от newjersey
                Сообщение от Alexander Usov
                Прошу проверить неформальное письмо.
                Тема: A friend is already attending a TAFE college in Australia. You will be going to Australia next year. Write and ask him what you should do before you go. Ask him about problems he has had.

Dear John!
                Hi! How are you? Sorry that I haven’t written for ages, but I’ve been extremely busy. I’m writing because I’d really like (1) your advice about studding (2) a TAFE college in Australia.

Next year, (3) I’m planning to go in (4) Australia and I’d like to ask you what I should prepare before it (5). First of all, I mean (6) should I have any recommendations from my secondary school or (7) any other documents?

Next, would you tell me a bit about issues you face in your everyday life there? How do you feel without support of your parents? I guess you live independently and you have to prepare meal ( every day, haven’t you (9)? What about your new schoolmates? (10)

Thank you for your advices in advance (11). Anyway, I must go and get on with my home work. I look forward for (12) hearing from you.

With my best wishes for today, and every day,
                Alex.
                В целом - сокращения в письмах глаз режут, лучше все таки писать I would, I am, will not, etc.
                (1) I need - I really need звучит получше
                (2) studying in
                (3) запятая не нужна
                (4) to Australia -- а вообще я бы перефразировал - I am planning to go to Australia next year and...
                (5) before I go.
                (6) I mean не нужно, это разговорный мусор, в письме не употребляется, если только это не цитата или прямая речь. Это эквивалент "на самом деле" в русском. Говорят - if you mean something, just say it.
                (7) take/obtain any recommendations from my secondary school or bring any other documents with me?
                (8 ) cook a meal, make a meal, в данном контексте cook/make meals
                (9) don't you, поскольку основной глагол в настоящем времени. во-вторых это лишнее - вместе с предшествующим должествованием (have to) добавляет иронии/сомнения, хотя может иметь место с некоторой ироничной предысторией -- I remember you were so attached to your home and never made so much as a sandwich for yourself, but now, I guess since now you live independently, you have to make meals everyday, don't you? Did you learn to boil pyelmeni in an electric chainik or have you had someone hired to keep yourself from turning into a bum you lazy son of a .... ummm, i mean, i really need your advice about TAFE, yeah, how about that. Все таки за советом пишем, а не приколы вспоминаем, поэтому лучше убрать don't you.
                (10) what about them? читается как продолжение предыдущей мысли про готовку, только теперь в отношении однокурсников.
                (11) advice - во множественном числе если и употребляется, то крайне редко. Вообще, advance - advice не звучит, thank you in advance for your help лучше.
                (12) Look forward TO - устойчивая фраза, всегда to
                Большое Вам спасибо за проверку.
                По поводу сокращений, я бы и рад не сокращать больше слов будет.
                Но это неформальное письмо другу. В стиле неформальных писем нужно
                использовать сокращения, так же как идиомы и фразеологические глаголы.
                Источник Successful Writing.

Comment

• Прошу проверить моё второе в жизни эссе.)
                  Пока для пробы пишу без ограничения по времени, чтобы привыкнуть к структруе и наработать словарь.
                  Проблема с этим эссе вышла - очень много слов. Сократила до 303. Но всё равно много( Может быть расписывать меньше, чем по 3 аргумента за и против?
                  Буду очень благодарна за проверку и советы!

Coins and paper money will soon be replaced by credit and bank cards.
                  Eventually we will have a cashless society which will be safer and more convenient for everyone.
                  Do you agree or disagree?

Many people hold the opinion, that plastic cards and other new money systems will replace traditional money soon. Others, however, disagree and think, that it is not time to exclude using of coins and paper money. This essay examines both positive and negative aspects of having money system without cash.

The disadvantages of payments by cards are obvious. Firstly, there are a lot of new types of crime committed against plastic money. For instance, during the payment in on-line shop, your money can be stolen by on-line criminal. Secondly, it is still difficult to use a credit cards for buying in some places. For example, in Russia, not every shop or pump station has possibility to accept plastic cards. In additional, some people, especially old ones, still can not understand how plastic cards are used. Consequently, there are several reasons not to refuse using traditional money.

Nevertheless, there are powerful arguments for the plastic money. In the first place, it is absolutely clear, that cards is much more cheaper then traditional coins and paper money. The cost of plastic is less then the cost of much paper and metal for coins. In the second place, convenience of using cards can not be rejected. For example, we can use cards not only for payment in the shops, but for on-line shopping as well. And last but not least, paying by cards is safer then original payment. In this case you do not need to keep cash with you all the time so you have a good chance not to be rubbed or lose all your money. Therefor, there are a lot of benefits of using cards.

All things considered, although there are some disadvantages, I believe, that in the nearest future we will have a cashless payment system based on bank cards payment.

303 слова.

Comment

• Сообщение от VOlya
                    Усиленно готовлюсь, спасибо Вам за помощь и поддержку, уже начинается мандраж...
                    пожалуйста, оцените и покритикуйте еще одно мое творение:

All education, primary, secondary and further education, should be free to all people and paid for by the government. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Throughout this century education (1) have significantly changed and the majority of people believe that this change is for the better. As long as 100 years ago (2) people were uneducated; while (3) now our children want to improve their skills and get (4) good education. Some people thing (5), that all kinds of education should be paid. However, from my point of view, there is still a great deal of free education (6) for all people.

There are several reasons why education should be available for (7) everyone. First of all, free access to primary schools and libraries sources (8 ) is (9) right of any person in my country. This right should not depend from (10) income level in a family (11). Our government should give (12) free education to all citizens, because it does (13) our society more cultural (13 1/2)and tolerant. Moreover, educational (14) people live in harmony with other nations.

Secondly, education without (15) fee brings economic benefits for a country (16). If people know literacy and numeracy, they can work more productive (17). In addition, people having secondary education usually become professionals and they pay a lot of money to the government as a tax.

There are some critics (18 ) who claim that education should bу available only for money, although, I do not agree with them. Some people live in poverty and have talented children, but (19) they could not pay for their education. It is (20) terrible situation and free education can give their young children a (21) opportunity of (22) good life.

In conclusion, I would like to underline that we live in fascination (23) and constantly changing world and we do (24)not forget about the importance of free education. I believe, that it will wide develop (25) in all countries for all citizens.
                    (277 words)
                    Эммм.

(1) я бы сказал education system haS significantly changed
                    (2) As recently as 100 ago -- потому что As long as означает "до тех пор пока" или "постольку поскольку". Это по английскому, а по смыслу, я думаю что все участники индустриальной революции с вами не согласятся.
                    (3) And, можно while/when если очень хочется, но это уже снобство
                    (4) даете определение - просится артикль - a good education
                    (5) thinK
                    (6) great deal of + определение означает "до фига этого самого" - не уверен что именно это вы хотели сказать, как то не вяжется с предыдущим предложением.
                    (7) я бы сказал to everyone, по моему available чаще употребляется с to, хотя так тоже вроде можно.
                    (8 ) существительные во мн. числе подряд - не по фен шую. Два варианта - либо (лучше) убрать sources, школ с библиотеками и так хватает, либо сказать library sources
                    (9) если Right = право (прот. обязанность, а не лево), то нужен артикль, чаще неопределенный.
                    (10) depend всегда с ON
                    (11) просится Of a family, по моему in добавляет ненужную конкретику (in MY family it is normal to ...)
                    (12) provide
                    (13) makes - do это что то физическое.
                    (13 1/2) -- cultural без существительного мне как то ухо режет. я бы лучше сказал culturally aware
                    (14) educated
                    (15) артикль - a fee
                    (16) я бы лучше сказал results in economic benefits for a country.
                    (17) или work productiveLY (после глагола нужен adverb) или be more productive at work.
                    (18 ) запятая?
                    (19) скорее and, или so that
                    (20) артикль - a terrible situation
                    (21) an opportunity - AN перед гласной
                    (22) артикль - a good life. Я бы сказал an opportunity for a better life, чтобы не создавать равенство - образование = good life.
                    (23) во первых артикль "a" , во вторых fascinatING
                    (24) по настрою текста сюда просится we should not forget
                    (25) wideLY, если с глаголом. Еще - develop здесь не подходит (выработать или разработать??) если имелось ввиду "распространится", тогда spread, а еще лучше will *become* widely available, а еще лучше пробросить мостик от should из предыдущего предложения - it will eventually become widely available
                    Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

• спасибо за проверку, оказывается

(2) As recently as 100 ago -- потому что As long as означает "до тех пор пока" или "постольку поскольку". Это по английскому, а по смыслу, я думаю что все участники индустриальной революции с вами не согласятся.
                      оказывается я это совсем не так понимала... вот что значит пытаться использовать шаблонные заготовки. видимо это не мой метод, ибо ерунда получается...
                      (6) great deal of + определение означает "до фига этого самого" - не уверен что именно это вы хотели сказать, как то не вяжется с предыдущим предложением.
                      ой.. а я перевела это как - "здесь еще есть дело до"....
                      а может лучше написать ... there is a great benefit of free education. ?

(8 ) существительные во мн. числе подряд - не по фен шую. Два варианта - либо (лучше) убрать sources, школ с библиотеками и так хватает, либо сказать library sources
                      охо-хо моя стандартная ошибка.
                      (25) wideLY, если с глаголом. Еще - develop здесь не подходит (выработать или разработать??) если имелось ввиду "распространится", тогда spread, а еще лучше will *become* widely available, а еще лучше пробросить мостик от should из предыдущего предложения - it will eventually become widely available
                      -действительно так лучше..
                      спасибо, ваши советы ценны. Особенно, в плане как будет благозвучнее в английском. Никак еще не удается мне поймать это ощущение, что именно так правильно. Видимо нужно больше практики. Спасибо вам.
                      on maternity leave...
                      01.02.2011 261313 Software Engineer

Comment

• Письмо-жалоба
                        You have bought a walkman in a duty-free shop which has something wrong a few days ago. So write a letter to the manager to complain about it and ask him how to solve the problem.

Dear Sir/Madam
                        I am writing to complain about the walkman which I purchased from your Electronic Department on 21 July.

First of all, I find out that a button for recording does not work properly. This defect was emerged about two week ago when I tried to record some English radio program. You can imagine my disappointment when I discovered it. This option is very important for me because I am learning English for the future studying abroad.

In addition, about week ago I unexpectedly revealed the second issue. The sound became a very poor quality. I didn't satisfy both the low and the high frequencies of the personal stereo. I suppose the matter can be connected with the headphones but not the walkman. A specialist only could be said it exactly.

I would appreciate it if the faulty device could either be replaced or repaired as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you.

Your faithfully,
                        Alexander Petrov.

Comment

• Еще один донос.

You should spend no more than 20 minutes on this task and write at least 150 words.
                          You are not satisfied with the light, seats and the service of the local train. Write a letter to the authority to explain the situation.
                          You do NOT need to write your own address. Begin your letter as follows: Dear Sir/ Madam,

Dear Sir/Madam,
                          I am writing you to express my strong dissatisfaction with the service I received in the train N205 on 21 July.

I went by this train to workshop in the city XXX. I don’t believe that the service can be so awful in your Railway Company.
                          First of all, the light wasn’t bright enough. Therefore I couldn’t read my reports for the seminar which I went to.

Secondly, there wasn’t any towel and moreover the blanket wasn’t dry. I would like to remind you that all this belongings were paid together with tickets.

But it isn't yet all matter. You can imagine my disappointment when I discovered that the lavatory didn’t have hot water. I had to wash with cold water and afterwards I caught a cold and my voice disappeared.

I believe that I entitled to 50% refund of a money I paid for the tickets. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully,
                          Vasia Pupkin.

Comment

• Сообщение от VOlya
                            спасибо за проверку, оказывается

оказывается я это совсем не так понимала... вот что значит пытаться использовать шаблонные заготовки. видимо это не мой метод, ибо ерунда получается...
                            ой.. а я перевела это как - "здесь еще есть дело до"....
                            а может лучше написать ... there is a great benefit of free education. ?

охо-хо моя стандартная ошибка.
                            -действительно так лучше..
                            спасибо, ваши советы ценны. Особенно, в плане как будет благозвучнее в английском. Никак еще не удается мне поймать это ощущение, что именно так правильно. Видимо нужно больше практики. Спасибо вам.
                            то что выделено - да, может лучше. По поводу ощущения - смотрите сериалы, проговаривайте субтитры, читайте вслух и никогда не ведите словарей. Вместо словаря просто записывайте слово (фразу) и перевод, произнося и то и другое вслух, на листок в один длинный список, без всяких алфавитов и категорий, просто подряд в столбик. Так задействованы слуховая, зрительная и моторная память. Если забыли слово и внизу столбика оно не находится, искать дальше не надо, еще раз вписываем-произносим - больше 3-4 раз повторов не будет.
                            Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

• Сообщение от Ulya
                              Прошу проверить моё второе в жизни эссе.)
                              Пока для пробы пишу без ограничения по времени, чтобы привыкнуть к структруе и наработать словарь.
                              Проблема с этим эссе вышла - очень много слов. Сократила до 303. Но всё равно много( Может быть расписывать меньше, чем по 3 аргумента за и против?
                              Буду очень благодарна за проверку и советы!

Coins and paper money will soon be replaced by credit and bank cards.
                              Eventually we will have a cashless society which will be safer and more convenient for everyone.
                              Do you agree or disagree?

Many people hold (1) the opinion, that plastic cards and other new money systems will replace traditional money soon. Others, however, disagree and think, that it is not time (2) to exclude (3) using of(4) coins and paper money. This essay examines both positive and negative aspects of having money system without cash.

The disadvantages of payments by cards are obvious. Firstly, there are a lot of new types of crime committed against (5) plastic money. For instance, during the payment in on-line shop (6), your money can be stolen by on-line criminal (7). Secondly, it is still difficult to use a credit cards (8 ) for buying (9) in some places. For example, in Russia, not every shop or pump station has possibility (10) to accept plastic cards. In additional (11), some people, especially old ones (12), still can not understand (13) how plastic cards are used. Consequently(14), there are several reasons not to refuse (15) using traditional money.

Nevertheless, there are powerful arguments for the plastic money. In the first place, it is absolutely clear, that cards is (16) much more (17) cheaper then (18 ) traditional coins and paper money. The cost of plastic is less then (18 ) the cost of much paper (19) and metal for coins. In the second place (20), convenience of using cards can not be rejected. For example, we can use cards not only for payment in the shops, but for on-line shopping as well. And last (21) but not least, paying by cards is safer then(18 ) original (22) payment. In this case (23) you do not need to keep cash with (24) you all the time so you have a good chance not to be rubbed (25) or lose all your money. Therefor (26), there are a lot of benefits of using cards.

All things considered, although there are some disadvantages, I believe, that in the nearest future we will have a cashless payment system based on bank cards payment.

303 слова.
                              За бОльшее количество слов оценку не снизят, снижают за ошибки, которых так может случиться больше.
                              (1) have an opinion - устойчивая фраза. Видна калька с русского - "придерживаться мнения"
                              (2) тоже устойчивая фраза, нужен артикль, 2 варианта - или резкое not the time, not the right time (не время) или более размытое not a good time. То же самое с отрицанием.
                              (3) exclude чаще идет с from, чтобы было понятно что исключаем из чего. Я бы сказал "stop using coins and paper money".
                              (4) предлог рассогласован с глаголом - use of "something" или using "something".
                              (5) committed with в данном контексте.
                              (6) артикль - an on-line shop
                              (7) или on-line criminals или an on-line criminal
                              (8 ) множественное число, неопределенный артикль не нужен
                              (9) for payment(s)
                              (10) has an *ability* -- ability означает физическую возможность. использование "possibility" можно проверить подстановкой слова "вероятность" или "шанс"
                              (11) additional это прилагательное. имелось ввиду "In addition" - устойчивое выражение
                              (12) повежливее бы -- especially - senior people, seniors, elderly people или просто elderly. Как разница между пожилой и старый.
                              (13) тоже резкое заявление. Still не к месту - это применяется с вводной, что как ни объясняли, ни показывали, still (один хрен) не понимают и все тут. Can not - тоже вариант физической способности (понять, в данном контексте) - тупые все, обучению не подлежат. Я бы сказал Have a hard time (understanding) - устойчивое выражение "испытывать трудности"
                              (14) следовательно, в качестве вывода и заключения применяется редко, обычно в качестве связки между несколькими предложениями, действиями, имеющими причинно-следственную связь - это один из оборотов, характерных для русских. Для заключения лучше всего сказать Therefore, so that, so если совсем разговорно.
                              (15) refuse (как глагол) означает отказать, он невозвратный, подразумевает последующее "кому" - т.е. дам но не вам. Больше подходит stop using.
                              (16) cards *are* - множественное число
                              (17) more cheaper - масло масленное. More употребляется с теми прилагательными, которые сравнительную степень не образуют подстановкой -er, cheaper само по себе достаточно, much cheaper тоже вполне уместно.
                              (18 ) thAn - чем
                              (19) если имелось ввиду "много бумаги", тогда lots of paper - или я не понимаю что вы хотели сказать
                              (20) in the second place - так объявляются результаты спортивных соревнований. In the first place это усиление, аналог "во-первых и в-главных" если так можно выразиться. Secondly - подойдет лучше.
                              (21) last, but not least, запятая пропущена - устойчивое выражение.
                              (22) original непонятно - traditional наверное? Я бы сказал traditional methods of payment
                              (23) in this case - мы варианты рассматриваем, поэтому this неочевидно к чему относится. После перечисления первое, второе и третье идет - в данном случае. Я бы просто это убрал, предложение от этого не страдает
                              (24) keep something on you = устойчивое выражение, носить с собой (буквально - держать при себе).
                              (25) robbed имелось ввиду. Rub это тереть. Причинно-следственная связь неочевидна. You have a good chance not to be ... хорошо само по себе, но меньшая вероятность быть ограбленным не вытекает из того что в кармане карточки. Я бы после all the time написал So if you lose your wallet, you do not lose all your money, because cards are easily replaced by the banks. Or else, if you are robbed, you do not lose your money either, because cards can only be used by their owners.
                              (26) ThereforE
                              Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

• Сообщение от Alexander Usov
                                Письмо-жалоба
                                You have bought a walkman in a duty-free shop which has something wrong a few days ago. So write a letter to the manager to complain about it and ask him how to solve the problem.

Dear Sir/Madam
                                I am writing to complain about the walkman which I purchased from your Electronic Department on 21 July (1).

First of all, I find (2) out that a button for recording does not work properly. This defect was emerged (3) about two week (4) ago when I tried to record some English radio program. You can imagine my disappointment when I discovered it. This option is very important for me because I am learning English for the future studying abroad.

In addition, about week ago (5) I unexpectedly (6) revealed (7) the second issue. The sound became a very poor quality. I didn't satisfy (8 ) both the low and the high frequencies of the personal stereo. I suppose the matter can be connected with (9) the headphones but not the walkman (10). A specialist only could be said (11) it exactly.

I would appreciate it if the faulty device could either be replaced or repaired as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you.

Your faithfully, (12)
                                Alexander Petrov.
                                (1) стиль написания дат - много вариантов, не знаю насколько критично, обращают ли на это внимание или нет. Оно может меняться от страны. В америце например пишут месяц спереди, July 21, 2008, потому что там месяц всегда спереди - 07/21/2008 в цифрофом виде. Если число стояло спереди, то к нему добавлялась приставка и предлог - 21st of July, 2008. Я учебников не открывал с тех пор как в институте учился, не помню как правильно.
                                (2) все факты в прошедшем времени, так что found out.
                                (3) was + глагол в прошедшем времени это пассив, дефект проявился - нужен актив. Emerge вообще это появиться из чего-то, в коннотации "вылупиться". Откуда ни возьмись будет appeared.
                                (4) two weekS - множественное число
                                (5) about a week - артикль, устойчивое выражение
                                (6) я и неожиданно вместе обычно не употребляется, лучше unexpectedly убрать - кто ждал, неясно. Если "неожиданно" используется в смысле "вдруг", тогда suddenly, а в сочетании с Я только suddenly.
                                (7) revealed можно, я бы сказал discovered
                                (8 ) написан актив- я не удовлетворил. Я не удовлетворен - I am not satisfied with. Лучше am, а не was, если was, то можно будет задать вопрос - ну а сейчас как?
                                (9) connected with - калька с русского, в английском употребляется with и to. With связывает что то однородное, а здесь я бы сказал connected to, потому что с одной стороны ситауция, а с другой наушники.
                                (10) я бы добавил itself, некритично.
                                (11) could be said - пассив, о чем-то можно сказать что-то. A specialist only could say/determine exactly what the problem is/was. Или начать с Only a specialist could...
                                (12) YourS - учебников не читал давно, но по моему yours.

В письмах количество слов легко набирается стандартными фразами как и когда вы ждете ответа - типа I can be contacted at the address above - I expect an answer in writing, etc..
                                Leukaemia sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X