Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Покритикуйте, пожалуйста, еще одно мое творение... Спасибо!

Environmental degradation is a major world problem. What causes this problem, and what can we do to prevent it?

There is no doubt that our natural environment in a danger and duty of people of the World is help to our Earth. Acid rain, global warming, air and water pollution are among the most serious problem. I am going to look through some of these troubles and suggest a solution for them.

There a re many reasons why our environment is becoming worse. First of all, some people do not care about our planet, so, air and water pollution is result of human’s activities. For example, factories and car produce harmful chemicals in the air. The chemicals mix with clouds and fall on trees and plants. Moreover, these dangerous products run in rivers, likes and other water resources. As a result of this, our Green Belt around a city died, fish and other anumals suffer too. People, who drink water from a polluted source have a stomach disease. In addition, rubbish is big problem for most big city. People drop a lot of packages and foot on streets, then it is also can be causes for the spread of many diseases.

There are several things that can be done to deal with these problem. Firstly, our government must forbiddens to use dangerous chemicals on factories and plants or demand to make filters. Secondary, driving on friendly-environmental car is also help. People must know information about recycling and try to reuse glass and plastics. Finally, we should support groups such as “Greenpeace”, which try to prevent many disasters on Earth.

In conclusion, there are same solution that our government and we can do for prevent these problems. We all should work together for safe and reanimate out planet for future generation.
    on maternity leave...
    01.02.2011 261313 Software Engineer

Comment

• Сообщение от VOlya
      Покритикуйте, пожалуйста, еще одно мое творение... Спасибо!

Environmental degradation is a major world problem. What causes this problem, and what can we do to prevent it?

There is no doubt that our natural environment is in danger and the duty of people of the World is to help our Earth. Acid rain, global warming, air and water pollution are among the most serious problems. I am going to look at some of these problems (sounds more academic than 'troubles') and suggest solutions for them.

There are many reasons why our environment is becoming worse. First of all, some people do not care about our planet, so, air and water pollution is result of human’s activities (ne ochen ponyatno chto vi xotite skazat v etom predlojenii, pereformuliruyte pojaluysta). For example, factories and cars produce harmful chemicals into the air. The chemicals mix with clouds and fall on trees and plants. Moreover, these dangerous products run in rivers, lakes and other water resources. As a result of this, our Green Belt around cities (you mean cities in general, not some city, don;t you?) die, fish and other animals suffer too. People, who drink water from a polluted source have a stomach disease ( it is better to say " people suffer different health conditions, because it is not only stomach problems they have, no need to be too specific). In addition, rubbish is a big problem for most big cities. People drop a lot of packages and food on streets. This also can account for the spread of many diseases.

There are several things that can be done to deal with these problem. Firstly, our government must forbidden to use dangerous chemicals in factories and plants or demand to make filters. Secondly, driving in an environmentaly friendly car might also prove helpful. People must know information about recycling and try to reuse glass and plastics. Finally, we should support groups such as “Greenpeace”, which try to prevent many disasters on Earth.

In conclusion, there are a few steps that our government and we can take to prevent these problems. We all should work together for safe (for safe what? it is seems to be incomplete) and reanimate our planet for future generations.
      I think you have quite reasonable ideas and paragraphing is good.

Comment

• Сообщение от Ulduz
        Сообщение от VOlya

There is no doubt that our natural environment is in danger and our duty is to help protecting our Earth. Acid rains, global warming, air and water pollution are among the most serious problems. I am going to look at some of these problems (sounds more academic than 'troubles') and suggest solutions for them.

There are many reasons why our environment is becoming worse. First of all, some people do not care about our planet, so, air and water pollution is a result of human’s activities (ne ochen ponyatno chto vi xotite skazat v etom predlojenii, pereformuliruyte pojaluysta). For example, factories and cars emit harmful chemicals into the air. The chemicals mix with clouds and fall on trees and crops (trees are plants!!!). Moreover, these dangerous products run into rivers, lakes and other water resources. As a result of this, our Green Belt around cities (you mean cities in general, not some city, don;t you?) dies, fish and other animals suffer too. People, who drink water from a polluted source have a stomach disease ( it is better to say " people suffer different health conditions, because it is not only stomach problems they have, no need to be too specific). In addition, rubbish is a big problem for most big cities. People drop a lot of packages and food on streets. This also can account for the spread of many diseases.

There are several things that can be done to deal with these problems. Firstly, our government must forbid using dangerous chemicals in factories and plants or require them to eliminate emissions. Secondly, driving (in - no need here) an environmentaly friendly cars might also prove helpful. People must be aware about recycling (and try to reuse glass and plastics - looks odd. rephrase or remove). Finally, we should support groups such as “Greenpeace”, which try to prevent many disasters on Earth.

In conclusion, there are a few steps that our government and we can take to prevent these problems. We all should work together for safe (for safe what? it is seems to be incomplete) and reanimate our planet for future generations.
        1. Нужно серьезно поработать над грамматикой. Очень серьезно.
        2. Нужно быть внимательнее. Ибо постоянная проблема с множественным-единственным чеслом - это невнимательность
        3. Все идеи правильные, но на мой взгляд можно было раскрыть немного пошире.
        4. Практика, практика, практика

Пока что на мой взгляд 4.5 где-то

Comment

• Сообщение от Beh01der
          Сообщение от Ulduz
          Сообщение от VOlya

1. Нужно серьезно поработать над грамматикой. Очень серьезно.
          2. Нужно быть внимательнее. Ибо постоянная проблема с множественным-единственным чеслом - это невнимательность
          3. Все идеи правильные, но на мой взгляд можно было раскрыть немного пошире.
          4. Практика, практика, практика

Пока что на мой взгляд 4.5 где-то
          Спасибо за рекомендации. В следующем эссе постаралась учесть все ваши замечания. За артиклями старалась смотреть и род не путать. 4.5 тоже не плохо, хотя хочется лучшего.
          on maternity leave...

Comment

• Сообщение от Ulduz
            Сообщение от VOlya

спасибо! я стараюсь!
            on maternity leave...

Comment

• Прошу покритиковать еще одно мое творение...

Some people believe that modern games played by children do not develop a wide range of skills. Traditional games, however, develop different skills in children. To what extend do you agree?

Throughout this century games for children was significantly changed and the majority of people believe that this change is for better for our children. As long as 100 years ago children prefer playing in traditional games such as usual activities on a fresh air and sports games. While now, most children like to compete in popular computers games and phone games. However, from my point of view, there is still great deal of traditional games.

There are many reasons for the popularity of traditional games. One of the main reasons is developing physical skills in children. If a child likes a running, a jumps, a swim and similar activities, he will be healthy. So these kinds of exercises help them to keep body in fit. For examples, the oldest russian traditional game «Kazaki» develops a quickly reaction and strong muscles, because children must run all time during the game and catch a opponent in the end.

Secondly, traditional games improve children’s social and mental skills. In the most games young people must play as a single team, developing own communicative skills and getting a new experience of a contact with other people. In addition, from the ancient time people learn traditional games such as chess and carts, because ones can develop a logical part of a mind.

There are some critics who claim that modern games give all necessary skills, but i do not agree with them.
              The computer games are becoming more and more popular in all countries, however, they develops only logical and mathematic skill in a child. In addition, using computers long time can bring to problems with healthy.

In conclusion, i would like to underline that we live in a fascination and changing world and we do not forget about importance of traditional games. I believe that it will have wide popularity among young people all time.
              on maternity leave...

Comment

• Vam deystvitelno nado podtanut grammatiku, kak uje ranee zametili. No, ya vse je dumayu za takie essays vi mojete poluchit bolshe chem 4.5. Moya odna znakomaya dvajdi sdavala IELTS i uroven u neye primerno takoy je kak u vas i oba raza poluchala 5.5 i eto pri tom,chto v perviy raz ona uspela vipolnit tolko TASK 1. Mojet eto zavisit ot togo, gde sdayesh, ya chitala zdes na forume, chto v Moskve silno zanijayut otsenki.

Comment

• Сообщение от Ulduz
                  Vam deystvitelno nado podtanut grammatiku, kak uje ranee zametili. No, ya vse je dumayu za takie essays vi mojete poluchit bolshe chem 4.5. Moya odna znakomaya dvajdi sdavala IELTS i uroven u neye primerno takoy je kak u vas i oba raza poluchala 5.5 i eto pri tom,chto v perviy raz ona uspela vipolnit tolko TASK 1. Mojet eto zavisit ot togo, gde sdayesh, ya chitala zdes na forume, chto v Moskve silno zanijayut otsenki.
                  спасибо.
                  я пробую сдавать 17 января в Самаре. Посмотрим.
                  Я тоже слышала что в Москве сильно занижают результат.

Мне нужны все 6, наверно, я рано записалась, я учу английский только полтора года с 0.
                  on maternity leave...

Comment

• Some people believe that modern games played by children do not develop a wide range of skills. Traditional games, however, develop different skills in children. To what extend do you agree?

Throughout this century games for children (1) was significantly changed and the majority of people believe that this change is for (2) better for our children. As long as 100 years ago children (3) prefer playing in traditional games such as (4) usual activities on a fresh air and sports games. While now, most children like to compete in popular computers games and phone games. However, from my point of view, there is still (5) great deal of traditional games.

There are many reasons for the popularity of traditional games. One of the main reasons is developing physical skills in children. (6) If a child likes a running, a jumps, a swim and similar activities, he will be healthy. So these kinds of (7) exercises help them ( to keep body in fit. (9) For examples, the oldest (10) russian traditional game «Kazaki» develops a (11) quickly reaction and strong muscles, because children (12) must run all time during the game and catch (13) a opponent in the end.

Secondly, traditional games improve children’s social and mental skills. In (14) the most games young people must play as a (15) single team, developing (16) own (17) communicative skills and getting a new experience of (1 a contact with other people. In addition, from the ancient time (19) people learn traditional games such as chess and carts, because (20) ones can develop (21) a logical part of a mind.

There are some critics who claim that modern games give (22) all necessary skills, but (23) i do not agree with them.
                    (24) The computer games are becoming more and more popular in all countries, however, they (25) develops only logical and (26) mathematic skill in a child. In addition, (27) using computers long time can bring to problems with healthy.

In conclusion, (2 i would like to underline that we live in a (29) fascination and changing world (30) and we do not forget about (31) importance of traditional games. I believe that it will have (32) wide popularity among (33) young people (34) all time.

(1) have significantly changed
                    (2) for THE better
                    (3) preferred playing traditional games
                    (4) the usual outdoor activities and sports games
                    (5) a great deal
                    (6) If a child likes running, jumping, swimming, and the like, he will be healthy.
                    (7) exercise – edinstvennoe chislo
                    ( to keep THE body FIT
                    (9) For example – edinstvennoe chilso. Dazhe po-russki ne skazhesh’ “for examples”!
                    (10) Russian – s zaglavnoj bukvy
                    (11) quick
                    (12) “must” eto kogda ix zastavljajut. A kogda zastavljaiut, to jeto uzje ne igra!
                    (13) an
                    (14) In most games. THE ne nado.
                    (15) play as a team. SINGLE ne nado.
                    (16) their own? Poshel les dremuchij…
                    (17) “communicative skills”? What the hell does it mean?
                    (1 experience of contact. “a” ne nado.
                    (19) people have learned/learnt
                    (20) because THEY
                    (21) THE logical part of THE mind
                    (22) all THE necessary skills
                    (23) I – vsegda s zaglavnoj bukvy
                    (24) “The” ne nado, prosto “computer games”.
                    (25) they develop
                    (26) mathematical skillS
                    (27) using computers FOR A long time can CAUSE problems WITH HEALTH//health problems
                    (2 smotri (23)!
                    (29) fascinating
                    (30) BUT we SHOULD not forget?
                    (31) THE importance
                    (32) a wide popularity
                    (33) THE young people
                    (34) always?

Ну, вы пока ещё не вырвались из клетки русского языка... Дерзайте, грызите решётку - надежда есть!
                    Здесь небо ясно и яро, Здесь воздух чист и светел,
                    Тобой здесь дышит сам ветер, Команданте Че Гевара
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSRVtlTwFs8

Comment

• Сообщение от Ulduz
                      Vam deystvitelno nado podtanut grammatiku, kak uje ranee zametili. No, ya vse je dumayu za takie essays vi mojete poluchit bolshe chem 4.5. Moya odna znakomaya dvajdi sdavala IELTS i uroven u neye primerno takoy je kak u vas i oba raza poluchala 5.5 i eto pri tom,chto v perviy raz ona uspela vipolnit tolko TASK 1. Mojet eto zavisit ot togo, gde sdayesh, ya chitala zdes na forume, chto v Moskve silno zanijayut otsenki.
                      Не могу ничего сказать насчет вашей знакомой, но я лично недавно получил 6 за райтинг (вот примеры моих эссе http://www.gday.ru/phorum/viewtopic.php?t=50064) Feel the difference.
                      Вообще же, говоря про IELTS, идя на экзамен за 6-ками, готовьтесь на 7-ки. Тогда сдадите.
                      Иначе же только себя измучаете, сдавая по 5 раз.

Comment

• Сообщение от Beh01der
                        Сообщение от Ulduz
                        Не могу ничего сказать насчет вашей знакомой, но я лично недавно получил 6 за райтинг (вот примеры моих эссе http://www.gday.ru/phorum/viewtopic.php?t=50064) Feel the difference.
                        Вообще же, говоря про IELTS, идя на экзамен за 6-ками, готовьтесь на 7-ки. Тогда сдадите.
                        я полностью с вами согласна, надеюсь что экзамен поможет оценить мой уровень и узнать врага в лицо, по 10 раз сдавать не собираюсь,
                        так не хватит никаких финансов, лучше еще подготовится за эти деньги.

по итогам трех замечаний мои проблемы от разных людей
                        - 1. Грамматика (особенно артикли и ед и множ числа, это в глаза бросается)
                        2. ВНИМАТЕЛЬНОСТЬ
                        3. Словарный запас.

Формат эссе выдержен, раскрытие тем есть. ( так?)
                        on maternity leave...

Comment

• Сообщение от VOlya
                          1. Грамматика (особенно артикли и ед и множ числа, это в глаза бросается)
                          2. ВНИМАТЕЛЬНОСТЬ
                          3. Словарный запас.

Хочу сказать, что надо развивать "чувство" языка, т.е. на родном вы же не делаете таких ошибок как на ангийском.
                          В принице если цель сдать на 6 баллов, то за оставшееся время надо упереться в речевые клише и просто наизусть выучить несколько распространенных оборотов на английском по разным темам. Вдруг, вам повезет на экзамене и попадется очень похожая тема, для которой у вас уже наработан словарь, то останется только все аккуратно написать и проверить грамматику и 6-ка гарантирована.
                          Что касается общего "чувствования" языка, то здесь надо работать и много читать, но я бы рекомендовал (понимаю, что это скучно, но цель сдать все-таки тест первоочередная) читать статьи, например, с сайта economist.com, также в инете на englishtips.org можно найти версии этих статей в аудио. Но брать нужно не количеством прочитанных статей, а качеством, т.е. лучше прочесть вдумчиво несколько раз, обращая внимание на новые слова и их использование, таким образом развивая активный запас и свое воспроиятие языка. За полгода таких занятий, учитывая ваш опыт можно достичь приличных результатов.
                          21/01/12 - IELTS L:7.5 R:9.0 W:7.0 S:7.5 O:8.0
                          13/06/12 - 176 visa granted. SS of Victoria.

Comment

• Сообщение от alternative
                            Хочу сказать, что надо развивать "чувство" языка, т.е. на родном вы же не делаете таких ошибок как на ангийском.
                            В принице если цель сдать на 6 баллов, то за оставшееся время надо упереться в речевые клише и просто наизусть выучить несколько распространенных оборотов на английском по разным темам. Вдруг, вам повезет на экзамене и попадется очень похожая тема, для которой у вас уже наработан словарь, то останется только все аккуратно написать и проверить грамматику и 6-ка гарантирована.
                            Что касается общего "чувствования" языка, то здесь надо работать и много читать, но я бы рекомендовал (понимаю, что это скучно, но цель сдать все-таки тест первоочередная) читать статьи, например, с сайта economist.com, также в инете на englishtips.org можно найти версии этих статей в аудио. Но брать нужно не количеством прочитанных статей, а качеством, т.е. лучше прочесть вдумчиво несколько раз, обращая внимание на новые слова и их использование, таким образом развивая активный запас и свое воспроиятие языка. За полгода таких занятий, учитывая ваш опыт можно достичь приличных результатов.
                            1. Со всем согласен, за исключением "чувства языка". Не заморачиваете себе голову. Хотите сдавать IELTS - готовьтесь к формату экзамена.
                            Для того, чтобы "почувствовать язык" у вас будет предостаточно времени позже.

2. Хотите написать эссе - тренируйтесь.
                            Пишите и переписывайте. Читайте чужие эссе, вызубрите в конце-концов парочку особо удачных.

3. Выпишите фразы, которые кажутся интересными и выучите их. Используйте эти фразы. Я делал так: из списка фраз брал пять. Читал их несколько раз и убирал листочек с ними. Далее занимался чем-нибудь по работе. Через пять минут брал чистый листок и пытался написать те фразы, используя их в предложениях. Затем, сверял с оригиналом на предмет ошибок. Далее, примерно через час повторял с теми же фразами. Если успешно - то следующий раз брал новые. И так далее.

4. По поводу количества и качества - согласен на 100%. Не старайтесь написать как можно больше эссе.
                            Вместо этого, работайте над качеством.

5. Не старайтесь поначалу писать быстро и без словарей - это позднее.

6. Когда смотрите в словаре глалол - сразу смотрите, с какими предлогами он используется. И запоминайте вместе с предлогами.

7. Если не уверены в правильности фразы - введите ее в гугле и посмотрите, сколько ссылок. Если много - скорее всего правильно. Если мало - скорее всего нет. Можно посмотреть также контекст использования. Вдруг это означает не совсем то, что вы думали.

Comment

• Сообщение от Beh01der
                              Сообщение от Ulduz
                              Prosmotrela neskolko vashix essays i pochuvstvovala raznitsu Kajetsa, rezultat vam deysvitelno zanizili. Ya je sdavala tolko odin raz i poluchila band score of 8 in the writing subtest.
                              Ya dumayu, chto ispolzovanie lichnix mestoimeniy delayet boshuyu raznitsu. A local teacher of the English language once told me that my score would not get lower if I use personal pronouns, but would get higher if I did NOT. Since I learnt that, I have made every effort to avoid using them. This and some other tips helped me to reach my goal.
                              Vot primer odnogo iz moix probnix essays:

‘Money cannot buy happiness” it is often claimed. But with money you can buy most of the things that are necessary for happiness: good food, accommodation, entertainment, travel, quality health care. No wonder most people want to make as much money as possible. Do you agree or disagree?

The saying that money cannot buy happiness has many opponents. They claim that with the help of money it is possible to get the things that constitute happiness, such as delicious food, beautiful house, travel etc. Therefore, it is understandable why people do their best to earn as much as possible. While money can contribute to the happiness of those for who material wealth is paramount, for those who have other priorities money cannot buy happiness.

Money can give great satisfaction and feeling of happiness to people, who place high value on material possessions. Having expensive cars, spacious and stylish apartments, good food and all the recent achievements of technology in entertainment is a must for these people. Without these attributes of wealthy life, they might feel inferior, insecure and sometimes morbidly depressed.

However, there are people who put a different meaning into the word ‘happiness”. They see happiness in healthy and friendly relations with their families, friends and those who are dear to them. Money cannot buy good relationships. Consequently, it cannot buy happiness for those who hold friendly interaction with people as a priority.

Yet, there are other people, who believe that the only way to true happiness is spiritual paths and not through material possessions or loving relationships. They believe that the aim of our human existence is to become as fully human as possible, to realise the full potential inherent in the human condition. Money is considered by them only as means of survival in this world and does not have to do anything with happiness.

In brief, happiness means different things to different people. Therefore, it can make only those people happy, who see material wealth as a main component of happiness

Comment

• Сообщение от alternative
                                Сообщение от VOlya
                                1. Грамматика (особенно артикли и ед и множ числа, это в глаза бросается)
                                2. ВНИМАТЕЛЬНОСТЬ
                                3. Словарный запас.

боюсь, что за столь короткое время изучения языка, я не успела развить "чувство" языка. Но надеюсь, что это все пройдет и я буду бегло и правильно разговаривать. А совет по чтению -очень ценен, т.к. сейчас я читаю только тесты из reading, на время. Поэтому после сдачи планирую поступить согласно вашим рекомендациям.
                                Спасибо.

Сообщение от Beh01der
                                1. Со всем согласен, за исключением "чувства языка". Не заморачиваете себе голову. Хотите сдавать IELTS - готовьтесь к формату экзамена.
                                Для того, чтобы "почувствовать язык" у вас будет предостаточно времени позже.
                                2. Хотите написать эссе - тренируйтесь.
                                Пишите и переписывайте. Читайте чужие эссе, вызубрите в конце-концов парочку особо удачных.
                                3. Выпишите фразы, которые кажутся интересными и выучите их. Используйте эти фразы. Я делал так: из списка фраз брал пять. Читал их несколько раз и убирал листочек с ними. Далее занимался чем-нибудь по работе. Через пять минут брал чистый листок и пытался написать те фразы, используя их в предложениях. Затем, сверял с оригиналом на предмет ошибок. Далее, примерно через час повторял с теми же фразами. Если успешно - то следующий раз брал новые. И так далее.
                                4. По поводу количества и качества - согласен на 100%. Не старайтесь написать как можно больше эссе.
                                Вместо этого, работайте над качеством.
                                5. Не старайтесь поначалу писать быстро и без словарей - это позднее.
                                6. Когда смотрите в словаре глалол - сразу смотрите, с какими предлогами он используется. И запоминайте вместе с предлогами.
                                7. Если не уверены в правильности фразы - введите ее в гугле и посмотрите, сколько ссылок. Если много - скорее всего правильно. Если мало - скорее всего нет. Можно посмотреть также контекст использования. Вдруг это означает не совсем то, что вы думали.
                                Спасибо за чудесные личные советы! сейчас сосредоточусь на сдаче IELTS + поддтягивании гграмматики по грубым ошибкам.
                                по п2. тренируюсь и тренируюсь. пытаюсь вызубрить, но зубрежка без осознания мне тяжело дается, так я рискую совершить еще большее количество ошибок.
                                по п.3 так и делаю выписываю и выучиваю.
                                по п.4 я пишу на разлинованном листочке, который дают на экзамене и уже прикинула где должно кончаться эсссе, чтобы набрать 260 слов.
                                по п.5. стараюсь, лучше я сейчас буду в словарь заглядывать и верно писать...
                                спасибо!
                                on maternity leave...

Comment

Working...
                                X