Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Судя по оценке моего последнего эссе, у меня проблема с логичностью изложения и предложения иногда чересчур тяжелые получаются, также от темы вроде бы отклонился. Над этим я посидел немного дольше отведенного экзаменом времени, посмотрите, пожалуйста, что получилось.

In the past lecturers could teach a certain number of students in one lecture hall. With the development of new technology it’s hard to justify the reason to participate the lecture physically and not via the internet. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? What is your personal opinion?

The ways of getting education in modern society has long been the subject of intense debates and strong arguments for the possible points of view imply that it is worth examining all of them. Many people believe that the main criterion in that process is the final quality of the knowledges the students get, however there are the opponets of that viewpoint who consider that people should take studies in the traditional manner.

On the one hand, comfortable habitual surrounding plays the positive role for the student's concentration on the learning material, so listening to the lecturer via internet seems to be the best way to make it possible. For instance, we can find numerous so-called "online universities" where students pass through the whole study programm by visiting appropriate intenet sites. Moreover, modern technologies allow us to pass the exams and get the diploma without the single visit to the educational facility.

On the other hand, we can not forget about the significancy of the physical contact between the professor and his students. People as well become more organized if they are performing some kind of a rite every morning, for example, to get up at time, not to be late for a bus, wear some kind of official clothes and etc. We should keep awareness either that studying in a traditional way can not be interfered by various technical problems, such as absence of internet connection.

Considering everything mentioned above it is clearly seen that there is no right answer to that question. Anyway, my strong believe is that education via internet can not absolutely substitute the traditional form, however during the selfpreparation of students some kind of online helpdesk could make a fairly essential outlay to the whole educational process.

Comment

• То: vadim85

Поскольку мой подход к IELTS был высказан в этой ветке неоднократно, к недовольству увы(!) многих, то я могу только еще раз повторить свою точку зрения:
      сначала 'добиваем' английский до требуемого уровня, а потом быстренько готовимся с экзамену.

Исходя из этого я и 'покритикую' Ваше эссе, но только 1-ый абзац.

In the past lecturers could teach a certain number of students in one lecture hall. With the development of new technology it’s hard to justify the reason to participate the lecture physically and not via the internet. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? What is your personal opinion?
      Постарайтесь переписывать темы эссе без ошибок.

The ways of getting education in modern society has long been the subject of intense debates and strong arguments for the possible points of view imply that it is worth examining all of them.
      С 3-го раза догадалась о чем идет речь! Разбейте на 2 части, а то Вы запутались. И не надо увеличивать количество слов за счет бессмыслицы. Баллов вам это точно не прибавит! Kaк последняя часть предложения (невыделенная) связана с первой я так и не поняла.
      Many people believe that the main criterion in that process is the final quality of the knowledges ( knowledges -> knowledge. singular only!) the students get, (punctuation - the given mistake is a sign that you haven't looked into major IELTS preparation books) however there are the opponets of that viewpoint (so they oppose to the viewpoint that the criterion is the quality of knowledge? Or perhaps they oppose to something esle?) who consider that people should take studies in the traditional manner.

Comment

• Maimiti_Isabella, спасибо за замечания, уже неоднократно ловлю себя, что нужно писать более простыми оборотами и во втором предложении тоже глупая смысловая ошибка, буду стараться быть внимательнее. Я только не понял, где ошибка в слове "internet"?

Comment

• Сообщение от vadim85 Посмотреть сообщение
          Я только не понял, где ошибка в слове "internet"?
          This word must start with the capital 'I': the Internet

Comment

• Старайтесь использовать страдательный залог, особенно в абстрактных описаниях, например, ваше -

"In the past [the] lecturers could teach [should be taught] a certain number [a word certain should not be used - try a large number of, many, etc, ] of students in one lecture hall"

можно переписать -

In the past a lot of students were taught in large lecture halls.

(я бы и так не написал, просто иллюстрирую грамматическую конструкцию)

Comment

• Решил выложить на суд общественности. Возможно тема уже встречалась, т.к. из старого учебника за 1995 год. Писал 40 минут, отвлекался, тк обстановка не позволяет сконцентрироваться. Here it is:

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education?
              Is it the responsibility of government of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves?

"Globalization" is the most popular word in the modern world. Modern technologies speed up progress of numbers of countries tremendously high. At the same time there are countries nowadays where people struggle for life, barely able to afford a piece of bread per week. In wealthy and developed countries some companies are so big and rich that their budget can be over a budget of some poor countries in Africa.
              To make a good career nowadays it is necessary to have a good education. Education is not free and some of well known universities with good reputation are very expensive, so only children of rich parents can count on it.
              It is obvious that for poor countries almost impossible to reach the same level of life as wealthy ones without external help. Is it the country's government responsibility to organize such kind of external assistance or wealthy nations should provide this kind of support?
              I am convinced that this should be a team work. Of course the poor country government should be highly motivated to get such kind of assistance. On the other hand the wealthy countries with strong economy can offer their help.
              There are some thoughts nowadays that leading nations tend to occupy poor countries and take control over them. This allows them to use national resources of the poor country almost for free, nothing giving back. In some cases strong countries even invade with military force and launch the war. Unfortunately, we have such examples in our recent history. Poor counties are not able to counteract such strong force and are to yield.
              I think that in modern international world people have to act with the sustainable growth theory. We have to understand that only with sustainable economic growth of all the world countries we can avoid conflicts and speed up the whole progress. Wealthy nations are rather to be assisting poor ones then invading them. To control this process peacekeeping organizations as U.N.O. have to exist and be respectful by wealthy nations. This kind of international organizations have to control sustainable economic growth and enforce wealthy nations to abide international rules to prevent wars and conflicts.

ВСЕ! Жду резкой критики

Comment

• Сообщение от kiggiss Посмотреть сообщение
                Решил выложить на суд общественности. Возможно тема уже встречалась, т.к. из старого учебника за 1995 год. Писал 40 минут, отвлекался, тк обстановка не позволяет сконцентрироваться. Here it is:

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education?
                Is it the responsibility of government of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves?

"Globalization" is the most popular word in the modern world. Modern technologies speed up progress of numbers of countries tremendously high. At the same time there are countries nowadays where people struggle for life, barely able to afford a piece of bread per week. In wealthy and developed countries some companies are so big and rich that their budget can be over a budget of some poor countries in Africa.
                To make a good career nowadays it is necessary to have a good education. Education is not free and some of well known universities with good reputation are very expensive, so only children of rich parents can count on it.
                It is obvious that for poor countries almost impossible to reach the same level of life as wealthy ones without external help. Is it the country's government responsibility to organize such kind of external assistance or wealthy nations should provide this kind of support?
                I am convinced that this should be a team work. Of course the poor country government should be highly motivated to get such kind of assistance. On the other hand the wealthy countries with strong economy can offer their help.
                There are some thoughts nowadays that leading nations tend to occupy poor countries and take control over them. This allows them to use national resources of the poor country almost for free, nothing giving back. In some cases strong countries even invade with military force and launch the war. Unfortunately, we have such examples in our recent history. Poor counties are not able to counteract such strong force and are to yield.

ВСЕ! Жду резкой критики
                Пожалуйста!
                Вы получили приличный результат (7) благодаря словарному запасу и вполне адекватному его использованию. Т.е. все слова и выражения 'к месту' и смотрятся очень естественно.

Ваши проблемы - отвратительная организация эссе (Вы просили резкой критики - получайте!), т.е. мне совершенно непонятно по какому принципы Вы разбили свое эссе на данные абзацы. Это очень мешает the flow. Кроме того, нет примеров там, где они нужны: Unfortunately, we have such examples in our recent history - и где эти примеры?

Выделенное зеленым вообще с какого, простите, боку? Такое ощущение, что Вы сделали absolutely random copy/paste из другого эссе.

Есть грамматические ошибки, и довольно неприятные.

Сколько слов в Вашем эссе? - 360. Уверяю Вас, что принцип 'чем больше, тем лучше' в IELTS не работает.

Comment

• Спасибо за критику и оценку. Очень обнадеживает , хотя хочетца повысить балл, для надежности. Честно, признаюсь, писал сходу, ниоткуда ни копипастил. Пока еще для меня сложно сформулировать свои мысли сходу на англицком, чтобы все было flow. У меня и на русском то это плохо получается. Понимаю, что надо какой либо план иметь, но так получается, что у меня мысли приходят во время написания и так жалко тратить драгоценное время на план вначале. Хотя учитывая что слов все равно много, можно потренироваться.

Что посоветуете, чтобы все было в тему с толком, чувством, расстановкой?

Comment

Спасибо за критику и оценку. Очень обнадеживает , хотя хочетца повысить балл, для надежности. Честно, признаюсь, писал сходу, ниоткуда ни копипастил. Пока еще для меня сложно сформулировать свои мысли сходу на англицком, чтобы все было flow. У меня и на русском то это плохо получается. Понимаю, что надо какой либо план иметь, но так получается, что у меня мысли приходят во время написания и так жалко тратить драгоценное время на план вначале. Хотя учитывая что слов все равно много, можно потренироваться.

Что посоветуете, чтобы все было в тему с толком, чувством, расстановкой?
                    Да, надо иметь план, хотя бы в процессе подготовки. А то, когда 'заносит' - это плохо. План же можно и изменить в процессе, но наличие плана поможет избавиться от ненужных мыслей
                    А так - надо учиться и готовиться. Словарный запас выручил в этот раз, но не факт, что выручит в следующий, если попадется тема, в кот. не сможете блеснуть.

И очень советую English Grammar for IELTS and English Grammar in Use by Raymon Murphy - грамматку все-таки подтягивать надо. И не забудьте о пунктуации после linking words.

Вообще по этому эссе у меня сложилось впчатление - а я сужу только по одному эссе - что вы никогда английским формально не занимались. В основном 'сам шел'. Это, конечно, совсем неплохо, теперь надо 'причесать' и научиться подходить к заданию не по русски (поток мысли - сочинение на свободную тему), а с точки зрения английского языка.

Comment

• Лучше составить план вначале, а не в конце, и не важно на каком языке - логика везде работает одинакого. Вступление, алтернативные точки зрения, ваше мнение, доказательства, заключение. Если бы вы такой план сделали, то вас бы не вынесло в 'offtop', как отметила Maimiti_Isabella. В любом письменном тесте структуре уделяется не меньшее внимание, чем лексике.

Comment

• Спасибо за советы. Да, с планом надо будет поэкспериментировать, точнее потренироваться. Пара дней еще есть до экзамена.
                        Английским специально не занимался для сдачи IELTS. В основном практика общения и то, что успел ухватить в институте и на полугодовых общих курсах. Занимался в прошлом году по Vocabulary for IELTS самостоятельно и очень подтянул словарь. Сейчас скачал Grammar for IELTS но до занятий так руки и не дошли, а сроки поджимают. Хотя сам понимаю, что грамматика нужна.

Потренируюсь на паре тем, произвольно выбранных и выложу в сеть завтра, что накропал. Попробую составить план и уложиться во время.

Comment

• Добрый день,

Спасибо за проверку моих предыдущих корябок. Сегодня сделал полноформатный тест на 2,5 часа с listening, reading and writing, максимально приближенный к боевым условиям, без перерывов, кофетаймов и карандашом "ТМ" (жесть). Лиснинг и Ридинг по 6 ошибок в каждом, райтинг выкладываю на вашу критику. Заранее спасибо, что копаетесь в моих каракулях.

Задание 1. You travelled by plane last week and your suitcase was lost. You have still heard nothing from the airline company.

Write to the airline and explain what happened. Describe your suitcase and tell them what was in it. Find out what they are going to do about it?

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing you in matter of my baggage which had been lost. Last week I flew from Frankfurt to Saint Petersburg on Sunday morning. When I arrived in Saint Petersbug airport I found that one of my suitcases was absent. I have registered the case of lost luggage in “lost and found” desk and got the answer that I will been notified as soon as possible. It has almost a week gone but I still have neither my bag nor any information about it.
                          I would kindly ask you to give me any information about this case. Please, have details of my luggage. I hope this will facilitate your finding process.
                          My suitcase was average size, dark blue colour with two handles and two wheels. It is made from soft material, not like plastic one. It has zip line and rainbow colour belt around it. Perhaps, the belt has been lost during travelling. Inside I had two pairs of jeans, four shirts, a pair of training snickers blue and white colour, belt, some underwear and couple of souvenir plates from Colombia and Costa Rica.
                          There is one distinguishing mark on the bottom of the suitcase. It is a paint mark which I put accidentally some time ago. It is white colour and about two inches wide, round shape.
                          I hope this is the full information. Please, give me any response about your findings. Your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

15 mins, 248 words.

Теперь эссе.
                          Задание 2. Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such as Australia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college or university.

Why do so many people want to study in English?

Why is English such an important international language?

Give reasons for your answer.

Everyone on the planet wants to be happy and successive. To be successive in the modern technological environment it is not essential just to get an education but it is very important to get very good education and preferably in English. Why education in English is essential? Let me express my points on this question.
                          It is common sense that most developed and powerful countries lead the way in the world progress. Historically the most developed countries appeared as English-speaking ones. They are United States of America, The Great Britain, Australia and some others. Even such advanced countries as Norway and Japan populate English inside them and almost everyone there speaks English.The English language has become an international language of business, science and sea trade. So, I can state that to secure the future and make a good career in the international company it is important to get education in English.
                          The second reason is the educational institutions by themselves. I guess everyone familiar with well known Cambridge, Oxford or Harvard universities. First two are British located and the third one is in the United States. Obviously these universities give tutorials in English. Needless to say that having educated from above named universities someone not only pretend to get a good job, but also become very intelligent and well educated person as well.
                          The last, but not least reason to have an education in developed English speaking country such as Britain, America or Australia is to open a way for migration. There are numbers of students from such countries as India, China, Middle East, African countries and others who wants to move onto better live in developed country. Having educated from Oxford or Cambridge these former students can easily find a job in these countries and move there for settlement.
                          Also, in the conclusion I can consider as a reason to get an education in the English-speaking country is the trend that people like to experience something new and different from their own country. Studying in foreign country means live and negotiate in very international environment. Famous English universities collect intelligent young people from all over the world. Is not is the chance to get a bunch of new friends from different parts of the Globe? If someone ask me for another life, I would agree to study in English-speaking country with no hesitation.

35 mins, 381 words.

По вашему совету мной был составлен следующего рода план/черновик.

1. People move to English-speaking countries to study (Australia, Britain, America)
                          2. English is and international language of science and business.
                          3. Famous universities such as Cambridge, Oxford or Harvard.
                          4. Easier to find good job within international companies.
                          5. Try different experience and live withing international community.

Вот такой получился эссе. Конечно, слов многовато получается, но не знаю как выразить свои мысли более локанично. Так же боюсь недобрать по количеству слов, поэтому пишу все подряд.

Жду откликов и оценок. Потянет ли это на 8ку? Заранее спасибо самым критичным высказываниям.
                          Last edited by kiggiss; 23.08.2011, 19:35.

Comment

Теперь эссе.
                            Вы тут очень клево с successive попалились . Successive - coming or following one after the other. Типа последовательный. Это проверяющему сразу ваш уровень подскажет. Не могу сейчас нормально все проверить к сожалению. Попозже постараюсь чего-нить написать. Просто это successive сильно в глаза кидается.

Comment

• Сообщение от Vanderley Посмотреть сообщение
                              Вы тут очень клево с successive попалились . Successive - coming or following one after the other. Типа последовательный. Это проверяющему сразу ваш уровень подскажет. Не могу сейчас нормально все проверить к сожалению. Попозже постараюсь чего-нить написать. Просто это successive сильно в глаза кидается.
                              Точно. Successful будет правильно. Это косяк, не понимаю зачем это successive использовал? Я специально ничего не проверял и выложил так как есть, чтобы невооруженным глазом было видно.
                              Спасибо за коментарий. Если не сложно, просмотрите текст, может еще что нибудь накопаете?

Comment

• Maimiti_Isabella, здравствуйте!
                                Я здесь новенькая. И в Австралию приеду только в сентябре.
                                Английский у меня очень и очень сомнительный. Мой мужчина (он-австралиец) говорит, что это все поправимо и что, если я буду жить в англоязычной среде, то дело пойдет быстро. Но я в этом не уверенна.
                                Подскажите, с чего начать.
                                Заранее спасибо.

Comment

Working...
                                X