Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Нам училка в универе (австралийском) один раз всем сказала - еще раз увижу американский спэллинг в ассайнментах - снижу оценку на один балл. Надо ж... а у меня комп не хочет австралийский спеллинг признавать, несмотря на то, что в опциях выбрано (English - AU). С тех пор я всегда проверяю, как написано. Здесь чо-та не очень любят упрощенную американскую писанину
    Долго мы будем болтаться как маркитантская лодка? Мне до смерти надоел капитан...
    Хватит ему командовать! Я хочу жить в его каюте!

Comment

• Оцените и мое essay тогда, пожалуйста Ногами, по смыслу, не пинайте, просто с фантазией плоховато

Тема : "Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages to living in an apartment. Are there more advantages or disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in an apartment"

It's a really hard question about advantages and disadvantages of living in an own house or in an apartment. As for me I think there is no one "right" answer for this question because all people are very different in their opinions. But I will try to tell you my point of view about this subject.

I think there a lot of different opinions about this subject. For example, older people want to live in an own house without any disturbance of them. But most of young people want to have all necessary facilities and gaieties close to their home like shops, sports clubs, bars, restaurants, etc. One of advantages of living in own house for some families is that their children can play with toys in the garden anytime and parents don't worry about where are they now. Another advantage of own house is concerning pets, dogs mostly. If you have a dog while living in an apartment, it can disturb your neighbors because of barking. But dog in own house can bark even all days and nights and it can disturb just you. As for my opinion, I don't see a lot of advantages of living in an apartment, maybe only one, that apartments in the downtown can be closer to work. Because you cannot buy own house in the downtown, there are no own houses, I think.

Concerning all my thoughts which I wrote before, I can say that every man must make a decision about the place he prefered to live just by himself. Somebody wants to plant trees and vegetables near the own house, but someone don't wants to have a lot of housework, like grass cutting.
      Last edited by AlexK; 07.08.2009, 13:47.

Comment

• Здесь тема про "за и против", а у Вас получилось про Ваше мнение. Нужно больше описать за и против , а свое мнение должно быть только одним предложением.

В эссе нельзя использовать сокращенные формы. То есть надо писать "do not" вместо "don'", "It is" вместо "it's" и прочее.

"and parents don't worry about where are they now."
        -> and parents do not worry about where they arenow.

"But most of young people want to have all necessary facilities and gaieties close to their home like shops, sports clubs, bars, restaurants, etc."
        -> порядок слов неправильный. Рестораны и прочее должны идти сразу после facilities.

" I can say that every man must make a decision about the place he prefered to live just by himself. "
        -> Убрать мужской пол из предложения - указания на гендерность не приветствуется.
        "man" -> "person", "he"->"they", "himself"->"themselves".

Сообщение от AlexK Посмотреть сообщение
        Оцените и мое essay тогда, пожалуйста Ногами, по смыслу, не пинайте, просто с фантазией плоховато

Тема : "Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages to living in an apartment. Are there more advantages or disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in an apartment"

It's a really hard question about advantages and disadvantages of living in an own house or in an apartment. As for me I think there is no one "right" answer for this question because all people are very different in their opinions. But I will try to tell you my point of view about this subject.

I think there a lot of different opinions about this subject. For example, older people want to live in an own house without any disturbance of them. But most of young people want to have all necessary facilities and gaieties close to their home like shops, sports clubs, bars, restaurants, etc. One of advantages of living in own house for some families is that their children can play with toys in the garden anytime and parents don't worry about where are they now. Another advantage of own house is concerning pets, dogs mostly. If you have a dog while living in an apartment, it can disturb your neighbors because of barking. But dog in own house can bark even all days and nights and it can disturb just you. As for my opinion, I don't see a lot of advantages of living in an apartment, maybe only one, that apartments in the downtown can be closer to work. Because you cannot buy own house in the downtown, there are no own houses, I think.

Concerning all my thoughts which I wrote before, I can say that every man must make a decision about the place he prefered to live just by himself. Somebody wants to plant trees and vegetables near the own house, but someone don't wants to have a lot of housework, like grass cutting.

Comment

• Действительно, уже десятки раз здесь говорили, что писать сокращенные формы в эссе нельзя. Ребят, в хоть несколько страниц этого топика прочитайте перед тем, как выкладывать свой пост. А то знаете как нервирует иногда исправлять одно и то же из страницы в страницу.
          ЗЫ - "a lot" - тоже 50 раз сказано - разговорная форма. Она не используется в сочинениях. Пишите much, many, great number, но только не "a lot"
          Last edited by KalinkaMalinka; 07.08.2009, 15:30.
          Долго мы будем болтаться как маркитантская лодка? Мне до смерти надоел капитан...

Comment

• Сообщение от nekokit Посмотреть сообщение
            В эссе нельзя использовать сокращенные формы. То есть надо писать "do not" вместо "don'", "It is" вместо "it's" и прочее.
            Сообщение от KalinkaMalinka Посмотреть сообщение
            ЗЫ - "a lot" - тоже 50 раз сказано - разговорная форма. Она не используется в сочинениях. Пишите much, many, great number, но только не "a lot"
            Понял, спасибо. А в общем ? По грамматике может какие замечания ?

Comment

• Сообщение от AlexK Посмотреть сообщение
              It's a really hard question about advantages and disadvantages of living in an own house or in an apartment (1). As for me I think (2) there is no one "right" answer for this question because all people are very different in their opinions. But I will try to tell you (3) my point of view about this subject.

I think there a lot of (4) different opinions about this subject. For example, older people want to live in an own (5) house without any disturbance of them(6). But most of young people want to have all necessary facilities and gaieties (7) close to their home like shops, sports clubs, bars, restaurants, etc ((9). One of (10) advantages of living in own house for some families is that their children can play with toys in the garden anytime and parents don't (11) worry about where are they now (12). Another advantage of (13) own house is concerning pets, dogs mostly. If you have a dog while living in an apartment, it can disturb your neighbors because of barking. But dog in own house can bark even all days and nights and it can disturb just you(14). As for my opinion(15), I don't (16) see a lot of advantages of living in an apartment, maybe only one, that apartments in the downtown can be closer to work. Because(17) you (1cannot buy own house in the downtown, there are no own houses(19), I think.

Concerning (20) all my thoughts which I wrote before,(21) I can say (22) that every man (23) must (24) make a decision about the place he prefered to live just by himself. Somebody wants to plant trees and vegetables near the (25)own house, but someone don't wants (26, 27) to have a lot of(2 housework, like (29) grass cutting.
              1. Плохое начало Предложение совершенно не соответствует теме сочинения. Вас же не спрашивали давать оценку заданному вопросу, никого не волнует, "hard" он для вас или "not hard". Пишите по теме!
              2. Вы уж выберите, или "As for me" или "I think", а то масло масляное получается.
              3. Очень разговорное предложение. Во-первых, не tell, а show, express, reflect, describe, give. А во-вторых, вы пишите tell you... Кому вы собрались говорить? Вы же не другу собрались рассказывать. В сочинениях такие предложения употреблять нельзя.
              4. Разговорная форма - см выше.
              5. ...in their own...
              6. Коряво.
              7. Не буду точно утверждать, но наверное это слово нечасто используется, потому что я его даже никогда не слышала.
              8. Вообще все предложение построено коряво. Лучше написать так:
              However, in general young people want all the necessary facilities such as shops, sports clubs, bars, restaurants to be close to their homes.
              9. etc. - кажется умным словом, но оно тоже не употребляется в сочинениях, наряду с so on, поскольку разговорные.
              10. Определенный артикль the.
              11. Сокр. формы нельзя.
              12. Коряво и как-то по-русски
              13. having
              14. Нужно вам выучить синонимы к слову disturb(ance), а то только его и используете.
              15. Опять же, решайтесь, или "Аs for me", или "In my opinion"
              16. Краткая форма опять.
              17.Наигрубейшая ошибка - начинать предложение с because.
              18. Кто это you? Это вы или я, а может господин проверяющий? Нельзя писать you в сочинении. В крайнем случае можно написать "a person", "one".
              19. Private houses вы хотели сказать?
              20. Considering
              21. Разговорный стиль - нельзя.
              22. Вы же не гворите, а пишете. Не say, а conclude
              23. Только мужчины??? А женщины где? Может лучше every person?
              24. Осторожнее со словом must. Это слишком категоричное слово. Лучше "have to".
              25. ...his (her) own house...
              26. Do not
              27. ...want...
              28. Cм выше.
              29. Опять же Like это разговорная форма. Нужно писать such as.

В общем и целом, сам английский в сочинении не так уж и плох.
              НО! Вы понятия не имеете о разговорном и академическом стилях. Сочинение написано, будто вы пишете письмо другу, очень много
              неформальной лексики и выражений. Об академическом изложении и речи здесь не может идти...

По поводу структуры эссе - не комментирую, так как ее здесь вообще нет. Ни вступления правильного, ни заключения, ни рассмотрения разных точек зрения нет. Ничего, что может характеризовать правильное, грамотное, сильное эссе, я здесь не наблюдаю...

Извините, пожалуйста, что так строго, но вам мнужно просто брать в зубы "English vocabulary in use" и корпеть над ним до последнего.

Comment

• Сообщение от KalinkaMalinka Посмотреть сообщение
                Извините, пожалуйста, что так строго, но вам мнужно просто брать в зубы "English vocabulary in use" и корпеть над ним до последнего.
                Да, действительно строгие правила...

Не мог не улыбнуться по поводу слова "gaieties". Такое слово, конечно, есть, но только так никто сейчас не говорит. Его можно встретить в литературе или в старых названиях. В Манчестере, например, есть The Gaiety Theatre - Театр "Веселье" - открытый в 30-х годах ХХ века. В наше время так сказать невозможно еще и потому, что слово "gay" получило новый смысл, сами знаете какой. Но традиционно ориентированные, особенно из высших классов общества, пытаются вернуть слову старый смысл "веселый" и употрбляют его так. Для простого же люда "gay" это гомик.

В разных вариантах английского подобные архаизмы еще в ходу. В Индии, например, до сих пор поздравляют с днем рожденья говоря "Felicitations!", что для англичан довольно-таки странно. А в Кении очень любят наречие "somewhat" - I am somewhat tired - что тоже звучит старомодно.

Английский прикольный.
                Last edited by Lavrentiy; 18.08.2009, 20:29.
                Здесь небо ясно и яро, Здесь воздух чист и светел,
                Тобой здесь дышит сам ветер, Команданте Че Гевара
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSRVtlTwFs8

Comment

• Сообщение от Lavrentiy Посмотреть сообщение
                  Да, действительно строгие правила...
                  Наверное, это потому что я по первому образованию - препод

Comment

А в Кении очень любят наречие "somewhat" - I am somewhat tired
                    Adventure of dying detective?

Comment

А в Кении очень любят наречие "somewhat" - I am somewhat tired - что тоже звучит старомодно.
                      Это типа в Австралии - kind of. I'm kind of tired

Comment

• Сообщение от nekokit Посмотреть сообщение

Где Вы правило про подлежащее и отсутвтвие артиклей прочитали? Нет такого правила.
                        Согласно логике вещей, артикли (а the) являются дескрипторами существительного. Подлежащее это существительное (в основном) и дополнительно "определять" его не нужно.

The может присутствовать как часть подлежащего например The old days где без The смысл меняется.

Это как я понимаю. А противоречащей информации я не встречал. Поправьте если не прав.

ЗЫ:
                        Often, (the) traditional house has a garden and you need to keep it in a good condition.
                        Если бы было The то имелся бы в виду какой-то конкретный дом. А по смыслу разговор идет о "стандартном" частном доме.

А насчет "правила" это я погорячился. (в том смысле правила как "ЖИ" "ШИ" пиши только с буквой И).
                        Last edited by Grifffin; 08.08.2009, 04:39.
                        Don't give in without a fight (c) Pink Floyd

Comment

• Сообщение от Grifffin Посмотреть сообщение
                          Согласно логике вещей, артикли (а the) являются дескрипторами существительного. Подлежащее это существительное (в основном) и дополнительно "определять" его не нужно.

The может присутствовать как часть подлежащего например The old days где без The смысл меняется.

Это как я понимаю. А противоречащей информации я не встречал. Поправьте если не прав.

ЗЫ:

Если бы было The то имелся бы в виду какой-то конкретный дом. А по смыслу разговор идет о "стандартном" частном доме.

А насчет "правила" это я погорячился. (в том смысле правила как "ЖИ" "ШИ" пиши только с буквой И).

Артикли перед подлежащим не ставятся (особенно если оно в единственном числе) , если это абстрактное существительное (идея какая-то или материал или что-то еще). Во всех остальных случаях практически всегда нужен артикль. И это касается не только подлежащих, но и других частей предложения. Ведь почти любое предложение можно перестроить так, что подлежащее перестанет им быть, и что же тогда - артикль тоже туда-сюда вставлять/опускать?

Comment

• Elaine Walker, Steve Elsworth "Grammar Practive for Upper Intermediate Students. New Edition"

Zero article

We do not use an article before plural nouns and singular uncountable nouns when we use them in a general sense.

Books are very important to me.
                            Have you read the books I brought you last month?
                            Water is the best thing to drink when you're thirsty.
                            Did you put the water in the fridge?

Other uses of the zero article:
                            - with proper nouns:
                            Helen's gone to Paris.
                            I'm going away on Friday.

- with meals:
                            Have you had breakfast yet?
                            (BUT That was a lovely breakfast.)

- with school, class, college, university, home, work, church, bed, hospital, prison, town when we talk about going to these places or being in them for their normal use:
                            Danny's gone to bed
                            She's been in hospital for three weeks.
                            (BUT There isn't a hospital in the town.)

- with by + item of transport:
                            Did you go by train?

- with next/last + week, days of the week, etc:
                            next Wednesday, last night, next time

Market Leader Intermediate. Course Book. New Edition.
                            Zero article: (0)

1. We do not put an article before mass nouns used in general statements:

(0) Money is the root of all (0) evil.

2. Usually there is no article before names of places and people.

(0) Poland (0) Japan (0) Dr Spack (0) President Clinton
                            Last edited by jenja; 10.08.2009, 12:56.

Comment

• Здесь лучше всего A traditional house or Traditional houses - я уже писала: не создавайте себе ненужных проблем и в подобных случаях ставьте существительные во мн. ч.

Comment

• Вот, зацените пожалуйста. По-моему слишком длинно получилось и на 5 мин. ушло больше положенных 40.
                                Это при том что печатала, а печатать ведь намного быстрее чем писать от руки! Что бы вы викинули на моём месте? Я бы так писала и писала, но ведь времени в обрез и за многословие баллы вроде снижают.
                                Ну и по поводу стилистики тоже посоветуйте, на предмет соответствия требованиям для эссе.

Would you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a modern apartment building? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

The type of accomodation people choose largely depends on their personal style and preferences, but also on their budget, family situation, whether they reside in a city or a countryside, and many other factors. As for me, I would definitely prefer an apartment block to live in rather than a family house, and here is why.

On one hand, life in a traditional house can offer a plenty of space both indoors and outdoors, which is especially important for a family with kids. Children would be able to play in the backyard or even set up a playground with a swing or a slide. This is so much safer than letting them play in the streets and healthy as well. It is possible to have a swimming pool if climate is warm enough and keeping pets is easy. For folks with green fingers, living in a house means an opportunity to enjoy gardening and grow organic vegetables for own consumption. I have some friends who would only agree to live in a big house, preferrably one of their own, and would never consider a city apartment, if only for a short stay.

On the other hand, unlike a flat, a house requires maintenance, and a lot of it. This can be burdensome for those on a tight schedule, for example families where both spouses work. Renting a house downtown is often very difficult and expensive, sometimes even impossible. So, if one lives in a city and wants to rent a house, the options are often limited to suburbs, which means commuting long distances to work and having to do with traffic jams in rush hours. Not all people like to drive in the first place and not everyone can afford a car.

I, for one, don’t even have a driving license and wouldn’t like to buy a car unless absolutely necessary. I’m quite content with relying on public transport or taxis. I don’t care much about gardnening and as a working mom, don’t have enough time for all the housework that a traditional house would need. I always lived in an apartment unit where I didn’t have to worry about such things like heating or a leaking roof or a broken fence or termites eating my basement. It is so convenient to have all the facilities at your doorstep, such as a laundry (in case the washing machine gets out of service), a groceries store, a farmacy, and yes, a children’s playground. Some condominiums even offer swimming pools and gyms to residents.

All in all, I find renting a unit in downtown a much more reasonable option for our family than living in a house. Sometimes I wish we had more storage space but this problem is easy to solve by finding a bigger apartment.
                                Human nature will not flourish, any more than a potato, if it be planted and replanted, for too long a series of generations, in the same worn-out soil. (C) Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

Working...
                                X