Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Last month you had a holiday overseas where you stayed with some friends. They have just sent you some photos of your holiday.

Write a letter to your friends. In your letter:
    - thank for the photos and for the holiday
    - explain why you didn't write earlier
    - invite them to come and stay with you

Dear guys,
    I'm so sorry for not writing you for such a long time. I was very busy with my current project at job that I could not do anything else.

I'm very happy to receive the photos, thank you so much for them, they make me return to our holiday! I also want to thank you for all, especially for your excursions.

I hope we will get together again sometime. How about the next month? I would like to invite you all to my city. I can take a break for some days at my job in order to show everything interesting to you. There are a lot of historical sights and good night clubs in the city.

Please, let me know whether you are going to accept my suggestion or not. If you agree, remember that it will be rainy here next month, so take waterproof clothes. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Comment

• привет.Я тут впервые на сайте.Посмотрите и оцените мое эссэ.

Topic:When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.
      To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

The world is changing before our eyes, the old buildings are replaced by ultra-modern constructions, we have significantly changed the ways of cooking, and it looks odd to save our old skills, our culture. But, on my opinion, the signs of history can’t be missed in the chase of mode.
      Of course, not every old skill has an important point to save it. For example, if to take science, the new technology mostly eventually replaces the out-date one, so we really no need of last. Same we can say about modernization of our cities, replacement of roads, side walks, construction of houses according our immediate needs. Such houses can be more environmentally friendly than old ones, for the instance.
      But, in same time, I feel it is important to note, every country has its own tradition and specific culture. It is like a specific style. And if our world became indistinct all around at ones, we will lose a reason for travel, a reason to research some different way of life. So our beautiful world will certainly lose its unique.
      Moreover, the modern is not always means better. May be for a first time ultra-modern wide-windowed buildings look attractive and pleasant, but the mode comes and comes away. To destroy is always easer than to make something. In the chase for urgent rooms for new apartments , we should never forget about preservation of cultural constructions. It is better to develop some new cities, new regions in country neither reorganise the historical centres by destroying them.
      In summary, the new technology appear every day, a lot of them quiet important for our adaptation to this world, but some old skills are presenting our history and some of them not replaced wisely and satisfactory, that is why we should think minimum twice before destruction them.
      IELTS 08.12.2012 L- 6.5, R-8.5, W-6.5, S-7, OVERALL-7
      И когда же все это закончится?

Comment

• You are in the long business trip abroad. Write a letter to your friend who is a student in your native city in response to his letter.
        - give your congratulations about his exams
        - write some details of your living there

Max,
        I am so glad to hear from you. I had thought last week that I needed to write to you and ask how you were doing. I am glad that you are going to take the last exam on March 28 and I am looking forward to hearing your results.

Here in Alberta, we are getting used to the strange weather. It was 15 degrees and sunny one day, and then 3 degrees another and it snowed! Now it is 13. Crazy weather. But other than the weather, I am staying very busy with work. We do automation project so we are working to finish that as soon as it's possible.

Please tell your wife that I said hello to her. I know you both are enjoying your children and I hope that you are all doing very well.

Blessings to you both.
        Last edited by SergShir; 25.03.2010, 18:10.

Comment

• olesenka, на какую оценку вы рассчитываете? Имхо у вас впереди много работы.

У вас полное несоответствие темы и сочинения. Вас про традиционные умения и стиль жизни спросили, а вы написали про новые здания и города. Во вступление из 3 предложений втиснули аж 3 идеи + свое мнение, которые не вяжутся никак с темой сочинения. Заключение никак логически не связано с основным смысловым блоком. Не говоря уже о куче грамматических ошибок. Переписывайте сочинение.

Чтоб понять лучше, в чем Вы ошиблись, выпишите тезисами задание и мысли сказанные Вами в сочинении и проанализируйте, насколько это соответствует теме. Сам наверно сильно удивитесь

"Я свяжу нарочно одной рифмой колесо постель и ремесло" (с) Чиж
          Last edited by SergShir; 25.03.2010, 20:53.

Comment

• For SergShir
            Dear guys,
            I'm so sorry for not writing to you for such a long time. I was so busy with my current project at job that I couldn't do anything else.

I'm very happy to receive the photos, thank you so much for them, they make me return to our holiday! I also want to thank you for all, especially for your excursions.(1)

I hope we'll get together again sometime. How about the next month? I'd like to invite you all to my city. I can take a break for some days at my job in order to show everything interesting(2) to you. There are a lot of historical sights and good night clubs in the city.

Please, let me know whether you are going to accept my suggestion or not. If you agree, remember that it will (разве Вы можете знать это наверняка - may be) be rainy here next month, so take waterproof clothes. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
            1 - два раза thank you в одном абзаце. Замените синонимом. I was delighted/ I really enjoyed our holiday
            2- everything interesting - to show you some local tourist attractions
            И кстати, почему Вы пишите все глаголы полностью без сокращений ? Это же письмо друзьям, неформальный стиль - сокращения глаголов один из признаков неофициального письма.
            Ошибок не очень много, но слова можно подбирать по сложнее. Какой Вам нужен бал?
            Блондинка - это не только цвет волос. Это еще и алиби.

Comment

• Aveilvi, спасибо за корректировки. Балл от 6.5 и выше

Comment

• А Вы уже сдавали раньше, какой был балл?
                Last edited by Aveilvi; 25.03.2010, 22:27.

Comment

• Бала к сожалению не было . А балл максимальный был 6.5, всего 3 попытки, меньше 6.0 не было

Comment

• Я могу высказать только лично мое мнение. Могу сюда, могу в личку.

Comment

• Мне без разницы . Буду рад. Пишите сюда

Comment

• У Вас в письме только 155 слов, если отбросить повторы и убрать полные формы глаголов будет меньше 150. Кроме этого Вам желательно усложнить вокабуляр, попробуйте использовать идиоматические выражения или фразовые глаголы в письме.

Comment

• For SergShir

You are in the long business trip abroad. Write a letter to your friend who is a student in your native city in response to his letter.
                          - give your congratulations about his exams
                          - write some details of your living there

Dear Max,
                          I'm so glad to hear from you. I had thought last week that I needed to write to you and ask how you were doing (1). I am glad (2) that you are going to take the last exam on March 28 and I am looking forward to hearing your results (3).

Here in Alberta, we are getting used to the strange weather. It was 15 degrees and sunny one day, and then 3 degrees another and it snowed! Now it is 13. Crazy weather. But (4) other than the weather, I am staying very busy with work. We do automation (5) project so we are working to finish that as soon as possible.

Please tell your wife that I said hello to her. I know both of you are enjoying your children and I hope that you are all doing very well (6).

Blessings to you both.
                          1 - странное предложение и нет его завершения. Вы пишите что всю неделею раздумывали о том чтобы ему написать... и что? Это предложение лучше или убрать совсем или добавить, что пока вы раздумывали над этим он оже Вас опередил и написал.
                          2 - второй раз в одном абзаце
                          3 - в условии написано поздравьте его, я думаю жто подразумевает что экзамен он сдал хорошо, иначе с чем поздравлять? "you are going to .." - ты собираешься, но еще не сделал.
                          4 - не начинайте предложение с But
                          5- automation - это же существительное, не так ли?
                          6 - I know both of you are enjoying your children -что Вы хотели здесь сказать?
                          Первое письмо было лучше. Тут Вы написали несколько весьма странных предложений, очень мало внимания уделили поздравлениям друга с экзаменом, причем это поздравление должно начинаться с нового абзаца. Каждый ответ на вопрос письма - новый абзац. Кроме того, зачем Вы так много описывали температуру воздуха, можно было придумать что-то интереснее, как Вы посетили музей или что-то еще. И еще, в этом письме нет ни одного кондишена, вокабуляр такой же как в предыдущем. Слов меньше чем 150.
                          Last edited by Aveilvi; 26.03.2010, 18:12.

Comment

• Aveilvi, прикол в том, что это письмо нейтива, а первое - мое. я его закинул, чтоб сравнить применительно к аелтс. Спасибо Вам, меня сейчас наверно забанят за общение на общем. Та что исчезаю)

Comment

• Если это письмо нейтива написано в личных целях а не для экзамена, то сравнивать тут нечего. Шутка Ваша получилась не хорошей. Мне жаль, что я потратила на это свое время. Впредь буду умнее.

Comment

• это не шутка. Я просто пытаюсь анализировать. Он писал для экзамена, а не в личных целях. Точней это откорректированное им мое письмо. Мне оно показалось несколько странным, вот и выложил сюда.
                                Last edited by SergShir; 25.03.2010, 23:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X