Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Сообщение от Murat
    Usually students do not like those teachers who make them to study hard, and they call them strict teachers. But, teacher who is really interested in a good education of his students can organize lessons in the best way.
    В этом предложении нет связи со строгими учителями, поэтому, мне кажется, надо переписать как-нибудь так:
    But these teachers usually are really interested in good education for their students and can organize lessons in the best way.

Сообщение от Murat
    Moreover, many students who have such kind of teachers (to не надо) confirm that their knowledge is increasing constantly. Sometimes we can see other type of strict teacher whose behavior has nothing to do with teaching.
    По-моему построено эссе нормально, разве что структура предложений хромает слегка (по-русски написано).
    Еще слов-связок надо побольше - firstly, secondly, although, in conclusion и т.п.
    И фразу "I am a former serviceman" я бы все-таки убрал.

Comment

• Сообщение от Dop2007
      Сообщение от Murat
      Usually students do not like those teachers who make them to study hard, and they call them strict teachers. But, teacher who is really interested in a good education of his students can organize lessons in the best way.
      В этом предложении нет связи со строгими учителями, поэтому, мне кажется, надо переписать как-нибудь так:
      But these teachers usually are really interested in good education for their students and can organize lessons in the best way.

Сообщение от Murat
      Moreover, many students who have such kind of teachers (to не надо) confirm that their knowledge is increasing constantly. Sometimes we can see other type of strict teacher whose behavior has nothing to do with teaching.
      По-моему построено эссе нормально, разве что структура предложений хромает слегка (по-русски написано).
      Еще слов-связок надо побольше - firstly, secondly, although, in conclusion и т.п.
      И фразу "I am a former serviceman" я бы все-таки убрал.
      Спасибо за правку, предложения и критику.
      Ради точного понимания я готов работать еще один день над этим эссе.
      Просьба к Dop2007 дождаться следующей версии и оценить.

Comment

• Покритикуйте эссе , которое написала моя жена

Task 1
        You have a penfriend living in another country and he/she is curious to know about the major news items in your country.
        Briefly describe One news story that has been on TV, on the radio, or in the newspapers in your country and explain why people are interested in it.

Dear Lena,
        Hi! How are you? I am good. I am writing to describe one news story, which I have seen recently on TV.
        Yesterday, when I came back to home, I decided to watch TV and in the same time there were Russian news. Usually, I do not like to watch news, but there was a very interesting story about my country. A lot of years Russian people have problems with their travellings in foreign countries, because we have to obtain visas in different countries. For this we should prepare many documents and pay money for these visas. However, yesterday our president said that in the near future we will not need to get a visa to visit European countries. Also, it will be easier to travel, than in the past.
        I am very glad of this news, because you live in France and I am planning to visit you the next summer.
        I hope, that this story will be interesting for you. If I will find out something new I will write to you.
        Yours sincerely,

Task 2
        A healthy person is often described as someone who has a good diet, gets lots of exercise, and avoids stress.
        What do people do to stay healthy in your counry?

Nowadays, in many countries to be a healthy person is very popular among simple and famous people. Everybody has own secrets how to stay healthy, different countries have different ways. In the following paragraphs I will describe what people do in my own country and give some examples.
        Firstly, I live in the biggest country of the world, in Russia. Because of this in different parts of my country we have different methods of staying healthy. In some regions, where the weather is warm people like exercising a sport outside. They swim in the sea, walk in the forest or run in the parks of the city. In other states of our country, where the weather is cold, people like to visit local gyms and swimming pools. Also, they love going skiing, because there are a lot of snow. For example, I live in the seaside town of Far East of Russia. We have a very good climate, in summer it is a very warm and in the winter it is not so cold. As a result, we have many different opportunities, we can swim in the sea in summer or we can go skiing in winter.
        Secondly, a lot of people will be agree with me that the diet is very important for a health. In my country, people like various food. They like to eat a fish, different types of a meat and a seafood. Also, a lot of citizens of Russia love eating fruits and vegetables, from them we can get many vitamins, which help us to be healthy every day. In addition, if you want to have a good health, you have to give up smoke and drink alcohol, because these items destroy your health and your life. For instance, my husband had been smoking for 7 years, and when he was 24 years he felt himself very bad. One day he decided to give up this habit and he did it. In the present, he feels himself very well.
        In conclusion, I would like to say that everyone has to save his or her health, while you are young and have a lot of chances do it. It is not difficult to be healthy you need to do 3 steps, first is to exercise a sport, second is to have various and healthy food, and third is to be positive person.

Comment

• Хотел бы вернуться к теме IMA30 про аборигенов. А вам не кажется, что вопрос стоял несколько шире, чем только про австралийских аборигенов? ИМХО надо было осветить вопрос generally, а австралию дать как пример ущемления прав аборигенов. Просто я столкнулся с дотошными придирками экзаменаторов, когда вопрос освещался НЕМНОЖКО не с той стороны...
          Мы поедем, мы помчимся, на коалах утром ранним!

Comment

• Сообщение от alexey209
            Покритикуйте эссе , которое написала моя жена
            Грамматика явно хромает, ошибок много, словарный запас не очень.

Письмо слишком straightforward
            Почитайте, как пишутся личные и официальные письма, про разные вежливые обороты и т.п.

Содержание и структура эссе вроде хорошее. Но в нем почти 400 слов вместо положенных 250! Чем больше текст, тем больше в нем ошибок, поэтому лучше придерживаться положенного количества.

Comment

• Сообщение от Murat
              Ради точного понимания я готов работать еще один день над этим эссе.
              Просьба к Dop2007 дождаться следующей версии и оценить.
              Лучше, наверное, писать на новые темы. Я не вижу большого смысла один и тот же текст переписывать больше чем 1 раз. Важно же не только язык и структуру эссе оттачивать, но и практиковаться думать на английском на разные темы.

Comment

• Сообщение от Алексей Викторович
                Хотел бы вернуться к теме IMA30 про аборигенов. А вам не кажется, что вопрос стоял несколько шире, чем только про австралийских аборигенов?
                Абсолютно согласен. Я сам, только когда вчитался в вопрос внимательно, заметил, что там написано "what policies would you recommend ... in such colonies as Australia?"
                Но в принципе, эссе IMA30 очень легко переделать - удалить из него слова "Australia" и все

Comment

• Сообщение от Алексей Викторович
                  Хотел бы вернуться к теме IMA30 про аборигенов. А вам не кажется, что вопрос стоял несколько шире, чем только про австралийских аборигенов? ИМХО надо было осветить вопрос generally, а австралию дать как пример ущемления прав аборигенов. Просто я столкнулся с дотошными придирками экзаменаторов, когда вопрос освещался НЕМНОЖКО не с той стороны...
                  Скорее всего, Вы правы. В свое оправдание могу лишь сказать, что на этапе продумывания эссе у меня были мысли что, возможно, правильно будет писать об аборигенах В ЦЕЛОМ, а не об австралийских конкретно. В итоге решил что это неважно, но как выясняется это очень важно и может быть расценено экзаменатором как непонимание вопроса. В принципе, то же самое эссе сгодится если удалить из текста слова Australia и Australian. А в таком виде оно вряд ли наберет больше 5 баллов.
                  There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so

Comment

• Сообщение от IMA30
                    А в таком виде оно вряд ли наберет больше 5 баллов.
                    не занимайтесь ерундой. Отличное эссе (взял его на вооружение). На форуме есть примеры писанины совсем не по теме и получения оценки >=6
                    Знай, что ответ дуракам - молчание. (Унсур аль Маали)

Comment

• Another stupid essay

Большущая просьба к знающим людям оценить мое очередное эссе. Впервые удалось уложиться в 40 минут.

Many school children receive a lot of homework. Does this homework benefit the child? Do you think homework serves a useful purpose?

Today education has become one of the most important parts of people’s lives. The education process has significantly changed during the last several decades, and kids have to do a great deal of their schoolwork at home. I believe that doing a lot of homework at home considerably benefits children. In this essay I will look at some advantages of homework such as improving study outcomes and reducing the amount of time which kids can spend improperly.

First of all, by doing a lot of homework children can obviously improve their studying results. For example, it can be too difficult to learn a foreign language by studying only during school hours, but if it is being learnt all day children can quickly improve their skills. This is one of the most important benefits of doing a lot of homework.

Secondly, if children have a lot of work to do they barely spent their time improperly. For instance, researchers have found that drug abuse and crime rates are significantly higher among those kids who have too much free time. This example clearly shows that doing a lot of homework prevents children from spending their time in a wrong way. This is another benefit of homework for children.

In conclusion, by doing a lot of homework children can considerably improve their study outcomes and reduce the risk of being involved in a crime. Therefore, I believe that homework serves a useful purpose. On this basis I can recommend that teachers give their students as much homework as possible.

35 минут, 257 слов.

ЗЫ из недостатков, которые вижу сам, но не могу пока устранить вижу, что мне пока не хватает словарного запаса. Может быть что-то еще?
                      There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so

Comment

• Мне не нравится, что в эссе очень мало мыслей, всего две. В основной части два маленьких абзаца, остальное все - вода..
                        Имхо, если так мало идей придумалось, то надо было добавить еще один абзац - с противоположным мнением и аргументами за него. Ну и в заключении сравнить и высказать свою позицию. Так было бы интереснее.

Comment

• Сообщение от Dop2007
                          Имхо, если так мало идей придумалось, то надо было добавить еще один абзац - с противоположным мнением и аргументами за него. Ну и в заключении сравнить и высказать свою позицию. Так было бы интереснее.
                          присоединяюсь, + с фразами I believe надо быть осторожнее. Рекомендуют писать отстраненно

У меня вопрос, кто, что думает можно написать в ессе про то, что люди становятся менее polite?
                          пришло в голову только:
                          1. Люди выживают- пример иммигранты и безработные
                          2. Родители плохо воспитывают детей, их воспитывает улица.
                          3. Иногда люди не невежливы, а просто спешат и может не замечают, например, что толкнули вас, но (как контраргумент) некоторые часто делают вид, что заняты, но на самом деле просто имеют плохие манеры..
                          но, набрал всего 232 слова
                          Какие есть мысли?

Comment

• Сообщение от Vladka
                            У меня вопрос, кто, что думает можно написать в ессе про то, что люди становятся менее polite?
                            Сообщение от Vladka
                            Какие есть мысли?
                            Вот есть мысль: люди в общем становятся more callous and desensitized, ну например, в результате exposure to the elevated amount of violence on TV and radio
                            Но тут же еще все звисит от того, какой тип у этого эссе?
                            Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.
                            IELTS 11.10.2008 Ростов. L9 R7.5 W8 S9
                            Accreditation 3.12.2008

Comment

• writing 2
                              люди становятся все менее полайт, какое ваше мнение? включите свой экспириенс и экзамплы
                              из ветки сдавших...
                              Проблема, что там часто не совсем корректно темы передают, вплоть до полного искажения смысла
                              Стараюсь просто придерживаться ВС-шной рекомендации на все: 2 абзаца ЗА, 1 против + контраргумент, Вывод- суммарайз+ предикшн или suggestion

Comment

• Сообщение от IMA30
                                Большущая просьба к знающим людям оценить мое очередное эссе. Впервые удалось уложиться в 40 минут.
                                Many school children receive a lot of homework. Does this homework benefit the child? Do you think homework serves a useful purpose?
                                studying results/study outcomes = academic results/achievements

Сообщение от IMA30
                                In this essay I will look at some advantages of homework such as improving study outcomes and reducing the amount of time which kids can spend improperly.
                                Сообщение от IMA30
                                In conclusion, by doing a lot of homework children can considerably improve their study outcomes and reduce the risk of being involved in a crime.
                                У вас повторяется введение и заключение - этого необходимо избегать...

Сообщение от Dop2007
                                Я тоже так думаю. Здесь так и напрашивается противоположная точка зрения, например, дети слишком много занимаются, в результате, проблемы со здоровьем (малоподвижный образ жизни, все свободное время за учебниками), ну и ушудшение social skills из-за того, что бедные дети вынужденные много заниматься, а не общаться со сверстниками. Ну и в заключение, что-то типа: все хорошо в меру, да, мы будем стремиться к хорошим academic results, но при этом, не стоит отнимать у детей детство.
                                Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.
                                IELTS 11.10.2008 Ростов. L9 R7.5 W8 S9
                                Accreditation 3.12.2008

Comment

Working...
                                X