Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Сообщение от gush Посмотреть сообщение
    Но я хотел бы сказать, что меня сбило с толку. Я начал писать официальное письмо, так как в заголовке было сказано, что приезжает коллега. Отсюда следует, что возможно я и не виделся с ним ни разу. И знаком только по работе. Или стоит ориентироваться на то, что вопрос носит частный характер? Мысль у меня была написать более неформально, но смутило то, что коллега. Можно ли было написать письмо более формально, так как я и сделал? Или в любом случае стоило писать так как в вашем примере?
    Официальное письмо - это письмо по работе или letter of complaint. Да и по работе, если только это первое письмо. Все остальное - полуофициальные. С этим же человеком вы коллеги, т.е. равны. Если Вы с ним/ней ни разу не встречались, то все равно, письмо не о бизнесе. Т.е. тогда не приглашайте на обед, но все равно надо предложить свою помощь, либо извиниться, что не можете ничего показать так как будете out of town в эти дни.

Ваше же письмо, как я уже сказала, просто невежливо, если не сказать, что грубо. Во всяком случае, по английски оно звучит грубо (причины я уже назвала в пред. комментарии). Ну и как сказано уже, вы на самом деле занимаетесь перечислением, а надо все-таки дать совет, т.е. не только что, но и почему.

Comment

• Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение
      Официальное письмо - это письмо по работе или letter of complaint. Да и по работе, если только это первое письмо. Все остальное - полуофициальные. С этим же человеком вы коллеги, т.е. равны. Если Вы с ним/ней ни разу не встречались, то все равно, письмо не о бизнесе. Т.е. тогда не приглашайте на обед, но все равно надо предложить свою помощь, либо извиниться, что не можете ничего показать так как будете out of town в эти дни.

Ваше же письмо, как я уже сказала, просто невежливо, если не сказать, что грубо. Во всяком случае, по английски оно звучит грубо (причины я уже назвала в пред. комментарии). Ну и как сказано уже, вы на самом деле занимаетесь перечислением, а надо все-таки дать совет, т.е. не только что, но и почему.
      Спасибо, теперь все понятно.Попробую ещё раз.
      IELTS попытка №1 4/12/10 L 6.0 R 6.0 W 5.5 S 5.5

Comment

Спасибо, теперь все понятно.Попробую ещё раз.
        Попробуйте поимпровизировать чуток и ввернуть слова типа. We can meet at your hotel if you wish, could you please shed a light on your arrival time?

если уже совсем хотите отжечь, то можете смело вворачивать. There is a smashing pub close to Red Square called "The Ship Of Fools" - (which is a) great place to have a pint or two!

В данном случае The ship of fools - библейский мотив, идиома. Прольете заодно бальзам по библейским мотивам, если проверяющий англик или амер попадется. Тем более в аенглоговорящих странах предложение выпить - дело протокольное.
        Last edited by EmJay; 05.01.2011, 21:09.
        Я надку́сил̀ инопланетный пирожок и ту́т с̀͟͢и̢́̕̕͝т̸͜҉͢е̷̶̧…̴̴̀͘ ̷҉̸͠ т̢͡м̛͟͠б̢и̨ы͢ ͘о̸͟н̢̛зо̸́͟л̀п҉̛о͠…̡

Comment

• Еще на критику)
          Только начал готовиться к тесту, проверяю, что вообще могу в написании эссе. Скажите, на сколько примерно можно расчитывать с ниженаписанным?
          По заданию - надо было 150 слов за 20 минут. Со временем уложится, в конце малость торопился..

you have recently started work in a new company

Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter
          - explain why you changed jobs
          - describe your new job
          - tell him/her your other new
          -------------
          Dear John,
          I'm very glad to tell you that I finally got a position in one of those telco companies I was describing you.
          You might still be wondering what really pushed me to make that decision, and you know, it really was very simple - I didn't want to continue my labour relationship with a company that is heavily mismanaged, what could finally lead to my unempoyment in a year or so.
          I'm really enjoying my new job in all ways. The position is much better and workflow by itself requires much more of a mental work that I used to before. This leads to improvement of my professional skills and a huge decrease of stress load. Though, I am really able to work a lot under preassure, it fells much better in a relaxed environment.
          Anyway, new job is anly half the story I want to tell you. Remember that nice looking motorbike we saw at the show last year? I finally got it! And it;s standing right here in the living room? smelling with some gasoline and new tires! Can't wait till the spring to have a ride!
          Hope you are OK, Please send me a reply as soon as you can.
          -----------------

сразу увидел косяки:
          I was describing you - I described you
          that I used to - that I got used to
          huge decrease of stress load - как-то криво.. кто может сказать, все ли нормально?
          14/08/2012 assessed: 263111 Computer Network and systems engineer
          12/01/2013 IELTS 9/9/7/7; 28/01/2013 EOI submit; 4/4/2013 lodge;
          22/04/2013 CO; 29/07/2013 GRANT!

Comment

• Сообщение от dvalin Посмотреть сообщение
            Еще на критику)
            Только начал готовиться к тесту, проверяю, что вообще могу в написании эссе. Скажите, на сколько примерно можно расчитывать с ниженаписанным?
            По заданию - надо было 150 слов за 20 минут. Со временем уложится, в конце малость торопился..

you have recently started work in a new company

Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter
            - explain why you changed jobs
            - describe your new job
            - tell him/her your other news
            -------------
            Dear John,
            I'm very glad to tell you that I finally got a position in one of those telco companies I was describing you.
            You might still be wondering what really pushed me to make that decision, and you know, it really was very simple - I didn't want to continue my labour relationship with a company that is heavily mismanaged, what -> which could finally lead to my unempoyment in a year or so.
            I'm really enjoying my new job in all ways. The position is much better and workflow ->workload by itself requires much more of a mental work-> effort that I used to before. This leads to improvement of my professional skills and a huge decrease of stress load. Though, I am really able to work a lot -> I'm really good at working under preassure, it fells -> feels much better in a relaxed environment.
            Anyway, new job is anly ->only half the story I want to tell you. Remember that nice looking motorbike we saw at the show last year? I finally got it! And it;s -> it's standing right here in the living room? smelling with ->of some gasoline and new tires! Can't wait till the spring to have a ride!
            Hope you are OK (full stop), Please send me a reply as soon as you can. -> Hope to hear from you soon
            -----------------

сразу увидел косяки:
            I was describing you - I described to you/ was describing to you
            that I used to - that I got used to -> used to have
            huge decrease of stress load - -> stress level
            если это Ваше первое 'творение', то Вы далеко пойдете Правда, очень хорошо написано и с точки зрения культуры письма, и с точки зрения английского языка.

Что не понравилось - очень странное начало. Традиционное начало Hi. How are you? I hope you are blah-blah blah

I'm very glad to tell you - это не английский -> I've got some good news to tell you/to share with you. or I've got some important changes in my life, etc

Зеленое - убрать. Красное - заменить

Общее впечатление - около 7 (письма очень тяжело оценивать)

Comment

• Попытка номер не помню

Проверьте, пожалуйста, кто-нибудь! В этот раз очень старался, надеюсь не зря.

Some people prefer to work for themselves or own a business. Others prefer to work for an employer. Would you rather be self-employed, work for someone else, or own a business? Use specific reasons to explain your choice.

The problem of choosing to be employed in a company or to ran your own one has long been subject of intense discussing and this is a question that certainly does not have one correct answer. Many people consider that it is easier to work for someone, whereas other are of the opinion that it is better to have own company. In this essay I will observe both points of view and show some examples.

On the one hand, it is very ordinary to work in the firm because you are less responsible. For example, you schedule is definite and your work hours are always from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm five days per week. It’s impossible to delay your work or to be late. Moreover, your salary is almost always the same and it does not depend on work intensity. If one month you work hard you will get the same money. However, you may refuse if you are asked to stay for overtime.

On the other hand, it is more comprehensive, while more profitably to organize and ran your own company. It is obvious, that you need some amount of money and some knowledge to start up. You are responsible for all actions and operations. You cannot leave your work earlier if there are things to do. Although, there are more possibilities to have vocations when you desire, to earn more money, to do less when your business is well-developed and organized.

Considering everything mentions above it is clearly seen that it is no right solution to this problem. There are many advantages and disadvantages to work for an employer or to own a business. In my opinion, it is better to get your money from your company. It appears to me the best way is to own company.
              IELTS попытка №1 4/12/10 L 6.0 R 6.0 W 5.5 S 5.5

Comment

Проверьте, пожалуйста, кто-нибудь! В этот раз очень старался, надеюсь не зря.

Some people prefer to work for themselves or own a business. Others prefer to work for an employer. Would you rather be self-employed, work for someone else, or own a business? Use specific reasons to explain your choice.

The problem of choosing to be employed in a company or to ran your own one has long been subject of intense discussing -> discussion and this is a question that certainly does not have one correct answer. Many people consider that it is easier to work for someone, whereas other are of the opinion that it is better to have own company. In this essay I will observe both points of view and show some examples. (Examples of what?)

On the one hand, it is very ordinary (????) to work in the (which one?) firm because you are less responsible (for what?). For example, you schedule is definite and your work hours are always from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm five days per week. It’s impossible to delay your work or to be late. Moreover, your salary is almost always the same and it does not depend on work intensity. If one month you work hard you will get the same money. However, you may refuse if you are asked to stay for overtime.

On the other hand, it is more comprehensive (?????), while more profitably ->profitable to organize and ran your own company. It is obvious, that you need some amount of money and some knowledge to start up. You are responsible for all actions and operations. You cannot leave your work earlier if there are things to do. Although (????), there are more possibilities to have vocations when you desire, to earn more money, to do less when your business is well-developed and organized.

Considering everything mentions above it is clearly seen that it is no right solution to this problem. There are many advantages and disadvantages (and you didn't mention any advantages of working, say for a boss) to work for an employer or to own a business. In my opinion, it is better to get your money from your company. It appears to me the best way is to own company (the best way to do what? and how is this sentence differ from the previous one?).
                gush,
                Вы так увлекаетесь написанием эссе, что иногда забываете о смысле. Кроме того, я лично не вижу богатого словарного запаса, ни разнообразия в структуре предложений и грамматических форм. Зато вижу много ничего не значущих клише (выделены красным), которые не несут никакой смысловой нагрузки, а просто здесь для 'забивания' места.

6 (если повезет - 6.5)

Я уже достатчно много проверяла Ваши эссе и прочее, поэтому мне пора остановится. Я обычно проверяю 2, максимум 3 раза.

Надеюсь, кто-нибудь еще подключится.

Удачи.

Comment

• Добрый всем день!

Вот и я присоединился к вам!
                  Покритикуйте мое первое эссе пожалуйста.

Would you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a modern apartment building?

Generally speaking, if I was asked would I desire to live in a private home or in a modern apartment building I would add qualifyinginformation. By and large I would choose living in a traditional house. Below I will examine both these points and present my view.
                  I am of the opinion that living on the nature in a separate house is better for your health than living in an apartment in a city. The immediate cause of this is my childhood. I was born in centre of Moscow. My house was surrounded by plants and roads with endless cars traffic. So I know what is to live in a city.
                  Another reason for my choice is the lack of neighbors. In my experience neighbors can bring troubles for you from time to time. If you live in a flat you are surrounded by people through a wall with all sides. And if somebody decides to turn on loud music, then you will be a bore. This leads to problems. Evidently, if you live in an individual home you will not be have such issues.
                  To summarize, I think that living in a personal home for me is more preferable than living in an apartment. It will allow me to breathe pure air and take pleasure of life.
                  Last edited by lieAhead; 09.01.2011, 21:48. Причина: форматирование текста

Comment

• Сообщение от lieAhead Посмотреть сообщение
                    Добрый всем день!

Вот и я присоединился к вам!
                    Покритикуйте мое первое эссе пожалуйста.

Would you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a modern apartment building?
                    Так темы IELTS эссе не бывают сформулированы. Не сочтите за труд проанализировать и изучить вопрос прежде чем помещать эссе на проверку здесь.
                    Также, мне кажется, что Вы совершенно не понимаете что имеется в виду под traditional house - речь об избе в тайге здесь не идет

Comment

Зато вижу много ничего не значущих клише (выделены красным), которые не несут никакой смысловой нагрузки, а просто здесь для 'забивания' места.
                      Это не "клише", а linking words, все это в правилах написания for and against essays.

Linking Words And Phrases - Academic Writing
                      Я надку́сил̀ инопланетный пирожок и ту́т с̀͟͢и̢́̕̕͝т̸͜҉͢е̷̶̧…̴̴̀͘ ̷҉̸͠ т̢͡м̛͟͠б̢и̨ы͢ ͘о̸͟н̢̛зо̸́͟л̀п҉̛о͠…̡

Comment

• Сообщение от EmJay Посмотреть сообщение
                        Это не "клише", а linking words, все это в правилах написания for and against essays.

Linking Words And Phrases - Academic Writing
                        Даже комментировать не считаю нужным. Прочитайте последние страниц 60 этой темы, тогда, может и поймете о чем я.

Кстати, вот это особенно понравилось:
                        This site started as a joint project between two institutions: Yakutsk State University in Russia and the University of Tromsø in Norway. It is designed especially to meet the needs and requirements of students of English at Yakutsk, but involves sections of collaborative spaces for students of both institutions to meet.
                        А этот 'шедевр' вообще ничего кроме восторга вызвать не может:As far as I am concerned, I think that the economic recession of the previous decade was foreseeable.
                        Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 10.01.2011, 16:58.

Comment

• gush,
                          относительно вашего последнего творения. В эссе абзацы строятся по принципу

Предложение "Утверждение". Предложения "Доказательство
                          ".
                          Однако у вас этого не наблюдается. Возьмём следующий абзац.

On the one hand, it is very ordinary to work in the firm because you are less responsible. For example, you schedule is definite and your work hours are always from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm five days per week. It’s impossible to delay your work or to be late. Moreover, your salary is almost always the same and it does not depend on work intensity. If one month you work hard you will get the same money. However, you may refuse if you are asked to stay for overtime.
                          Вы утверждаете, что работать на дядю менее ответственно (как вам уже указали эта мысль не закончена). То есть в утверждении говорится об ответственности. Однако следующее предложение - пример - к ответственности отношения не имеет (по крайней мере вы не увязали рабочие часы и ответственность ) Следующие предложения этого абзаца об ответственности тоже не говорят. А вот если бы вы написали в первом предложении, что работая на дядю человек менее беспокоится и чувствует себя более уверенно потому что в этом случае присутствует элемент постоянства и права работника чётко оговорены, то это бы подошло ко всем последующим предложениям абзаца.

Следующий абзац - то же самое, первое предложение утверждение никак не вяжется с последующими предложениями.

Будьте внимательнее, я уверен, что вы знаете, что пишется vacation, everything mentioned above, it is clearly seen that there is no right solution to this problem, to own a company и т.п. Кроме того, употребляете глагол run в форме прошедшего времени. Вы уверены что нужно именно так?
                          ACS: 05.03.2011 - 26.05.2011, 261312 Developer Programmer, Group A
                          IELTS: 07.05.2011 L8.0 R 8.5 W7.0 S7.0
                          DIAC: 26.05.2011, 175

Comment

• Сообщение от Mr Konysbay
                            2) Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which viewpoint do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I think that everyone can divide all advertising products and services into useless
                            ones and useful ones(не нужны здесь ones). It is like looking through an information desk when you pay attention to those messages that interest you. Take me for example.

I do not like jewelry. It does not mean I do not have it at all, I have a couple of inexpensive rings as gifts from my parents. I just think, people pay too much attention to this stuff. I believe it is the result of mass advertising. Every day when I am watching TV, listening to the radio or reading the paper I notice many ads about getting an expensive ring, chain, necklace or ear-rings. From my point of view these kinds of advertising contaminate people's minds. In this case you are encouraged to buy things you do not really need. They make you believe you need such products in order to succeed or be happy.

From the other side, I think that advertisements of the new detergents with up-to-date formulas to help you maintain your cloth in perfect conditions, the new cars with some extra futures that make your traveling more comfortable and sports goods that make your life healthier may help you to improve your life.

Recently my husband and I saw an ad on the Internet about a very interesting and inexpensive vacation to Japan for a week. Is not it awesome? (ужасающий) We like traveling. So now we are planning to find out more about it and, may be, make reservations. I belief that without advertisements we would be unaware about plenty of oppotunities that may make your life happier, easier and less stressful.
                            My point is that every person has his own scale of values. So if he is vegetarian he will consider an ad about meat products useless for him.
                            Mr Konysbay, позвольте полюбопытствовать, а зачем вы всё жирным выделили?

Если ужасающий относится к
                            Is not it awesome?
                            , то нет, awesome - это, как правило, положительная эмоция. В контексте ужасающий лучше подойдёт awful, вроде такого This is absolutely awful, isn't it? Однако насколько я понял вы увидели предложение, от которого трудно отказаться и над которым вы раздумываете. Таким образом в вашем контексте подошло бы лучше That's really awesome! -> Я нашёл супер объяву. Это просто нечто! Вместе с этим есть большое НО. Это эссе, оно должно быть формальным. Даже несмотря на то, что вы приводите личные примеры. Лучше не писать такие фразы.

Посмотрите мой пост выше. Я кратко указал какая структура должны быть у эссе. У вас этой структуры нет. Линкеров тоже нет. На сколько бы потянуло ваше эссе я, к сожалению, сказать не могу

Не расстраивайтесь, у вас всё получится!
                            ACS: 05.03.2011 - 26.05.2011, 261312 Developer Programmer, Group A
                            IELTS: 07.05.2011 L8.0 R 8.5 W7.0 S7.0
                            DIAC: 26.05.2011, 175

Comment

• Сообщение от Mr Konysbay
                              2) Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which viewpoint do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. I think that everyone can divide all advertising products and services into useless ones and useful ones. It is like looking through an information desk when you pay attention to those messages that interest you. Take me for example.
                              Это не эссе, а сочинение (наверное). Для начала ознакомьтесь с концепцией эссе, а потом можно и начинать писать.
                              The essay and the composition are two different kettle of fish.
                              Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 10.01.2011, 19:03.

Comment

Даже комментировать не считаю нужным. Прочитайте последние страниц 60 этой темы, тогда, может и поймете о чем я.
                                У него абсолютно нормальная структура, за эти клише он получит высокую оценку за структуру. Другое дело, что ему linking words нужно вставлять в предложения таким образом, чтобы выдерживать общую грамматику предложения (не абзаца).

Но вставлять их реально надо. Ибо без них ему придется просто больше писать. Следовательно - сложнее уложиться в 40 мин, и скорее всего сползет к band 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X