Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexizzz & Isabella,благодарю за разбор моего эссе

Я через месяц сдаю IELTS, и вот, разбираюсь, что нужно подтянуть.
    У меня, похоже, серьезные проблемы с креативностью - пока соображу, что писать, проходит уйма времени Наверное, надо писать чаще.

Покритикуйте, пожалуйста, еще одно эссе

People should be allowed to continue to work for as long as they want to, and not be forced to retire at a particular age such as 60 or 65. Do you agree or disagree?

Nowdays, people when reaching the officially stated retirement age limit are forced to stop working and leave a company which they have been employed by. However, most of the individuals may not be satisfied with such a situation and were they given an opportunity to choose between retirement and continuous working activity they would prefer the latter. As for me, I strongly support the opinion that people should have a free will when making such significant and influencing their future life decisions as a pension leave. To support my view, I will provide the main arguments in the paragraphs followed below.

First of all, it should be understood that as time passes the active life period of human beings extends, which allows them to stay in the workplaces and operate efficiently even when they reach 60 or 65 years old.

Also, employees who have worked in the same industry or sphere for considerable time generally obtain profound knowledge, as well as gain a lot of experience in the field they are working in, which makes them extremely valuable for the company. Therefore, both employees and employers can benefit from the prolongated cooperation.

The life of the aged after retirement is another issue adding to the supportive point of view. It is widely known that due to the imperfection of social systems in some countries, which cannot provide their senior members with adequate benefits, most of the aged on pension who do not have any relatives are forced to live the rest of their lives in misery.

The opposite opinion is often based on a perception that people aging lose their ability for flexible thinking and, what is more crucial, tend to deny any innovations being stack to their old concepts and habits. To some extent this can be an issue, however, we should not forget that wise business owners make even these qualities work for them by means of combining strong fundamental experience of their senior members with creativity and active energy of their freshmen.

To sum up everything said above I would like to emphasize once more that such issues as retirement age standards should not be implemented by force, but decided by free will of elderly people who definitely earned that right.
    Last edited by BinNa; 09.10.2009, 15:40.

Comment

• Мои первые попытки писать эссе. Покритикуйте.

Working hours today are too long and people are not spending as much as they should with their families or on leisure activities. What is your opinion on this?

In many counties often told about the reduction working hours. The dreams about more leisure activities in twenty one century were broken. The higher technologies didn’t make any free times for peoples life. We have been working more and more. We don’t have more money, we don’t have more rest and we don’t have more happiness. The future of today are difference the future of the pass.

First of all, I would like to say that too long working hours make peoples more stressed. Peoples don’t have enough free time for rest, sleeps and leisure of course. That’s reasons of many diseases and rapid aging. In result, we have been died with regret about stupid and boring life. We did not know about environment and we don’t know about any family’s happiness. It is very terrible.

Second of all, short working hours will have created new jobs. In this case the economics of many countries would be increases. Most of peoples will have job and money. Most of people will have more leisure activities and rest their families. We will have less hunger and died. Peoples will have started think about kids and beautiful of lives.

Finally, short working hours will have created more free time for making new ideas. People could be thinking about changes of lives and making more and more interesting things. We were born for building. We weren’t born for job. We have only one life. It is all that we have. Everybody must be having chosen.

Comment

• Сообщение от MasterMind Посмотреть сообщение
        Мои первые попытки писать эссе. Покритикуйте.

(1) In many counties often told about the reduction working hours. > [Странное для меня построение фразы, может лучше They say.. It's said... It's known in many countries...]
        (2) The dreams about more leisure activities in twenty one century were broken. >> ТОже самое построени, 21 centrury в конец предложения.
        (3)The higher technologies didn’t make any free times for peoples life.>> просто High technologies /free time (not times) ....
        (5) We don’t have more money, we don’t have more rest and we don’t have more happiness. > [More rest> enough rest], [не можете говорить more happiness а надо much]-
        (6) The future of today are difference the future of the pass. >> [the future IS difference, лучше is different] вообще, смысл фразы не ясен, извините.

(7)First of all, [I would like to say[ that too long working hours make [peoples]more stressed.
        [лучше убрать I would like to say (это же не разговорная речь, лучше вообще тут это убать либо заменить на обороты типа I believe, I think...]
        [peoples] - people нет множ числа - проверьте везде по тексту, там есть эта ошибка
        ( Peoplesdon’t have enough free time for rest, sleeps and leisure of course.
        [sleeps] если хотели существ., надо sleeping а не sleeps
        (9) That’s reasons of many diseases and rapid aging. In result, [we have been died]with regret about stupid and boring life.
        that's reasons надо в един числе
        [we have been died] - we die (настоящ время используйте или будущ, мы же еще живы, а не умерали на протяжении года)
        (10)We did not know about [an/the] environment ...

(11)Second of all, short working hours will have created new jobs. >will create!
        In this case the economics of many countries would be increases. [increasED] Most of peoples ...... We will have less hunger and died> death (имя сущ). Peoples will have started (> will start to) think about kids and beautiful of lives.

Finally, short working hours will have created more free time for making new ideas. People could be thinking .
        РЕЗЮМЕ действительно в эссе необходимо употребление сложных оборотов, но у Вас они почему-то только в граматических конструкциях времени Perfect, и,кажется, употреблены неправильно
        Нет примеров "мелких" типа мой знакомы делал то-то и получилось то-то, что было неверным. а все глобально (безличностно, типа лозунги). много не английских конструкций. плюс - все таки структура ессе есть, надо поработать над смыслом и граматтикой (употребление времен!) . Удачи.
        L 6.5/ R5.5 /W7 /S7 General [6.5](5.09.2009 Kiev)
        L 8.5/ R7.5 /W6.5/S7.5 Academic[7.5] (6.11.2010 Kiev)

Comment

• Сообщение от BinNa Посмотреть сообщение
          Al
          People should be allowed to continue to work for as long as they want to,
          Прекрасное эссе! Обороты, логика. Не вижу никаких проблем с кеативностью. Очень хороший подбор лексики и ВСЕХ оборотов.
          Если уж просто к чему-то це%%%%ься то только к этому предложению - To support my view, I will provide the main arguments in the paragraphs followed below. Мне кажетя, вообще можно было его упустить и сразу переходить к доводам. Молодец!
          L 6.5/ R5.5 /W7 /S7 General [6.5](5.09.2009 Kiev)
          L 8.5/ R7.5 /W6.5/S7.5 Academic[7.5] (6.11.2010 Kiev)

Comment

• Сообщение от ATALI_ocean Посмотреть сообщение
            РЕЗЮМЕ действительно в эссе необходимо употребление сложных оборотов, но у Вас они почему-то только в граматических конструкциях времени Perfect, и,кажется, употреблены неправильно
            Нет примеров "мелких" типа мой знакомы делал то-то и получилось то-то, что было неверным. а все глобально (безличностно, типа лозунги). много не английских конструкций. плюс - все таки структура ессе есть, надо поработать над смыслом и граматтикой (употребление времен!) . Удачи.
            Спасибо большое. Буду переделывать.

Comment

• MasterMind, Вы уж извините за резкость, но... ПЛОХО. Скорее, всего 5. Очень много элементарных грамматических ошибок.

Comment

• Письмо на проверку.

A Canadian friend recently sent you a present by post. You want to thank him/her.
                Say how you felt when you received the present
                Describe what you like about it
                Explain how you will use the present

Dear John,
                Hello! I hope everything is fine. Thanks a lot for your fantastic gift. It’s so nice to get headphones from the best friend.

You know, I like it very much because the quality of sounds is very high and also the size of headphones fits for my head ideally. As you probably know, I’ve been taking online English course through the Internet. Now I’ve a great opportunity to use your device while I listen to the course so it’s really very convenient for me. Moreover there’s a microphone in the headphones as well so I can record my voice and compare it with a teacher’s one.

Once again, thanks you very much! Anyway, I must go and getting on with my work. You can get in touch with me by the address above or give me a ring on 8(111)111-111. I look forward to hearing from you.

With best wishes for today and every day,
                Alexander
                MODL ASCO Code - 2231-79(C# программист)
                IELTS L6.0 R4.0 W5.5 S6.0 over 5.5 (23 January 2010)
                IELTS L5.5 R6.0 W6.5 S7.0 over 6.5 (17 April 2010)
                IELTS L6.5 R6.5 W6.0 S6.5 over 6.5 (17 July 2010) Ура!!!!!

Comment

• Новое эссе на проверку. Спасибо заранее за помощь с письмом на английском.

People who travel to another country to live, work or study for a period of time often suffer badly from homesickness. Why is this? What are the best ways to reduce this problem?

Today there are a lot of opportunities to get higher education, a new work or even citizenship in a foreign country. However, people often face many difficulties and obstacles abroad and the one of the most serious is loneliness or in other words nostalgia. In this essay I will analyze the main reasons of it and suggest ways how to overcome this issue.

First of all, many young people who go abroad to get higher degree suffer from loneliness because there are not parents, old friends and relatives in new place. People often start thinking about their previous life and always try to communicate with people from their home country. It is well-known fact that new means of communications such as cell-phones and the Internet never could change a face to face conversation with family or friends.

Another very important problem is the fact that people have to deal with cultural shock abroad. There is no doubt that customs and traditions of their own country differ from ones in a foreign country dramatically. Furthermore, people have to know a language of a new country in order to communicate with local dwellers. So if a foreigner doesn’t know a language and traditions of the country well he or she will always feel very lonely.

On the other hand, there are several simple means in order to deal with mentioned above problems. People who are going to live and work abroad should learn a foreign language before travelling there. Also they should know most traditions and customs of a country where ones are going. All this stuff can help to make new friends abroad quickly and negative filling of loneliness will be avoided.

Taking into account all mentioned above I strongly believe that people can have more opportunities abroad for their future life. But at the same time any thinking man has to prepare for living there in advance.
                  Last edited by Alexander Usov; 15.10.2009, 13:52.
                  MODL ASCO Code - 2231-79(C# программист)
                  IELTS L6.0 R4.0 W5.5 S6.0 over 5.5 (23 January 2010)
                  IELTS L5.5 R6.0 W6.5 S7.0 over 6.5 (17 April 2010)
                  IELTS L6.5 R6.5 W6.0 S6.5 over 6.5 (17 July 2010) Ура!!!!!

Comment

• Сообщение от Alexander Usov Посмотреть сообщение
                    Письмо на проверку.
                    I'm really sorry, но если бы я получила такое письмо в ответ на подарок, то ... это было бы последний раз когда Вы обо мне услышали. Все в этом письме говорит 'и знать я тебя после этого не хочу'.

Сухо, не по делу, официально. А заключительные строчки - о номере телефона и адресе - это вообще шедевр! Он Вам на Ваш адрес подарок прислал, а Вы: 'если желаете написать мне, то мой адрес вверху'. Вы после этого напишите?

Письмо другу должно быть неформальным и 'полным' восхищения по поводу подарка. Они же спрашивают Say how you felt when you received the present. Вы в ответ? - It’s so nice.

Dear John/Hi John
                    Wow! What a wonderful gift/present! I really like it! I was just thinking about/considering buying new headphones as I'm studying English online/doing an online English course and actually picked/found the ones I liked when your package arrived. And here they were, the ones I wanted (to get)!
                    blah-blah-blah

Comment

• Не совсем ЭССЕ, но проверка тоже необходима) Я новенькая на этом форуме. Буду очень рада услышать рекомендации, заранее спасибо.

This is part of a letter from Sheryl, your English-speaking pen-friend.
                      My friend and I are planning to start a new hobby but w haven't decided yet what hobby to choose. Do you have any hobbies? Do you feel you have enough time for your hobbies? What hobbies are popular with teenagers in Russia? Are there any hobbies you'd like to take up?
                      As for my school exams, they are almost over and I'm looking
                      forward to my summer break ...
                      Write back to Sheryl.
                      In your letter
                      —answer her questions
                      —ask 3 questions about her plans for the summer
                      Write 100—140 words.
                      Remember the rules of letter writing.
                      Russia
                      October 12th
                      Dear Sheryl,

Thanks a lot for your letter. It is great to hear from you again! I’m really glad you passed your exams.

You know, there are a lot of popular hobbies which Russian teens like. Some of them are keen on sport or computer games. Others are interested in music or skateboarding. As for me, my hobby is reading. I like to read English novels and adventure and war books. I feel I don’t have enough time for my hobbies. I have a lot of a homework.
                      Anyway, it’s really great that school time is over. What are you going to do in summer? Will you stay at home or go abroad? Would you like to have a trip to a seaside?

I’d better go now. I have plenty of home work. Drop me a letter when you can.

Lots of love,
                      Marina.
                      Screw it. Let's do it! (c)

Comment

• Сообщение от Ice Cream Посмотреть сообщение
                        Хорошо пишете! Если все написали сами и 'сразу', то у Вас очень хороший уровень английского.
                        Чтобы я исправила:
                        1. 'Помягче' переход от первого абзаца ко второму
                        2. После того как рассказали что Ваше хобби - чтение, напрашивается предложение вопрос: "А ты любишь читать?" "Что ты обычно читаешь?"
                        3. Слишком много слов и конструкций 'повторяют' вопрос задания. Этого надо стараться избегать. Do you feel you have enough time for your hobbies - I feel I don’t have enough time for my hobbies
                        4. Неплохо бы добавить немного больше прилагательных или других конструкций для выражения чувств, например I wish I didn't have so many exams and tests! Then I would have more time for reading.
                        5. Would you like to have a trip to a seaside? - не могу сеже представить что кто-то скажет 'нет'. Перефразируйте вопрос, избегая Would you like

Comment

• Сообщение от lx Посмотреть сообщение
                          MasterMind, Вы уж извините за резкость, но... ПЛОХО. Скорее, всего 5. Очень много элементарных грамматических ошибок.
                          Понял. Спасибо - буду работать.

Comment

• Попытка номер раз, проверьте, пожалуйста...

Тема из IELTS 7
                            Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for every type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime and the motivation for committing it should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment
                            Discuss both points of view and express your own.

With the triumph of democracy in the XIX and XX centuries, many people who had never been given the opportunity to decide their own fate, let alone someone else’s, faced a new philosophical dilemma: “Should there be a fixed punishment for every crime, or should the details of the criminal’s personal situation be considered in every separate case?”

At first glance, a truly fair system of laws must be based on equal treatment for everyone. After all, one of the underlying principles of democracy is that “all men are created equal …” Hence, every citizen knows what kind of punishment to expect if he or she were to commit a certain crime. So, the mother of four, who robbed a bank to feed her children, will be sentenced to the same five years in jail as a corporate lawyer who embezzled government funds to be able to have a high-class illegitimate affair.

According to the other school of thought, the mother should be sentenced to less time than the lawyer, because she was acting out of desperation, in order to save her children from starvation, while he was just enjoying cheating on his wife. This point of view is in some ways more humane and tries to include the basics of common morality into the system of justice.

Even though the first school of thought is technically fairer than the second, I am a firm adherent of the latter. After all, what crime did the mother’s four children commit, for which they would be sentenced to five years time in an orphanage or forced adoption or some other such atrocity?

Заранее спасибо!

Comment

• Вдогонку

Не очень понимаю, что от меня хотят и в первой части...
                              Например

The table shows the proportions of consumer spending on three different categories of products in 2002 in five European countries. In all analyzed countries, the most money was spent on food, drinks and tobacco. Residents of Turkey and Ireland delegated around 30% of their budgets to this category, while people in Spain, Italy and Sweden spent less than 20%.

People in Italy spent a staggering 9% on the second category of expenses, clothing and footwear, while in the other countries approximately 5-7% of income was used to purchase such items.

In all of the countries, the least amount of money was spent on leisure and education, the third category. It seems that people in Turkey were most concerned with having fun or learning something new; residents of this country spent over 4% of their income on such goods and services. The least proportion of money was delegated to this category in Spain (almost, but not quite, 2%).

Overall, the table reflects that people have the same spending priorities everywhere: first, put food on the table and satisfy a common addiction; second, cover your body and stay warm; finally, train your brain and enjoy life to its fullest.

Заранее большое спасибо! И прошу прощения, если для эссе пункта 1 существует другая ветвь форума.

Comment

• Сообщение от belochkka Посмотреть сообщение
                                ..esay.!
                                Beautiful English!
                                I don't think I've noticed any mistakes. Even if there are any, they are insignificant and in no way interfere with the flow of the essay. You English is so good that I hope you won't mind me making comments in English.

I've got another problem with your writing, though. And don't even know how to explain this to you. I kind of find it difficult sometimes to see the cause and effect relationship. For example, the first sentence deals with the advances of democracy and the dilemma of punishment for your crimes. However, I can't understand why many people face this dilemma? Do you mean many people are criminals, or judges? I had to read this sentence several times trying to make head and tails of it and still I'm at sea as far as the meaning is concerned.

The same can be said about the last sentence. When you say some other such atrocity what atrocities are you talking about? You haven't mentioned any!

Other things to consider:
                                desperation -> despair
                                After all - used twice
                                system of laws -> legal system
                                funds to be able to have a high-class illegitimate affair -> to afford

Сообщение от belochkka Посмотреть сообщение
                                .Вдогонку .
                                You will get a really good mark if you are capable of writing like that under exam conditions.
                                The only problem I've noticed is here:
                                Overall, the table reflects that people have the same spending priorities everywhere: first, put food on the table and satisfy a common addiction; second, cover your body and stay warm; finally, train your brain (exercise your brain - a better option) and enjoy life to its fullest.
                                I do hope you can see the problem and fix it on your own. Clue: parallel structures
                                Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 17.10.2009, 18:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X