Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Пожалуйста, попинайте!
    Но не просто так, а за эссе:

Today people prefer to rent homes rather than buy them. What advantages and disadvantages of renting your home.

Many people rent homes instead of buying them nowadays. This can be very convenient if one's job demands moving from one city or country to another. There's no need in getting involved into process of selling the property which can sometimes take a long time. It is also suitable for those who don't want to spend their time and money on renovations, repairing and dealing with housing services themselves. Furthermore, buying your own home is very expensive, and most people just cannot afford it.

Although buying your own home is not for everyone as it has been said before, there are some things that it allows you to do, which are definitely impossible in a rented accomodation. You can do renovations as frequently as you want to and hang all of your family portraits on the walls. You don't have to ask for a permission to have a pet if one day your children bring a puppy from the street. Also, it is important for some people to have a stable life when there is always the same place they can come to for taking rest and pulling themselves together after a busy day.

In closing, I would like to notice that it is a benefit of our times that whatever lifestyle you prefer you have many options to chose from and can find the one that suits you best.

Comment

• Насчитал около 170 слов, не маловато? Просто я уже все сказал

Comment

• Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение

Illi4 сдал на 8. Вам до этого еще похоже идти и идти. Не будет на экзамене в формулировке темы слова startup. И быть не может.
        большое спасибо за ссылку на темы! Буду учить...
        IELTS 05.2018 L9 R9 W6.5 S8.5 => L9 R9 W7.5 S8.5

Comment

• Продолжаю учить письма... На сколько баллов вы бы оценили? Большое спасибо!

Task: recently you had a party at your house. There was a lot of noise late at night and you disturbed your next-door neighbor. Write a letter to your neighbor. In your letter:
          - Explain the reason for the noise
          - Apologize
          - Describe what action you will take to prevent it from happening again

Dear Mr. Brown,

I am writing you in order to sincerely apologize for the racket you heard last Friday while I was celebrating the end of last semester with my friends.

We were peacefully drinking wine and playing boarding games when two of my friends engaged in a loud argument, which was the primary cause of the noise. Not only they shouted at each other but also started to fight later so I had to call the police.
          I deeply regret waking you up at 4AM in the morning. I cannot express how sorry I am for the incident, as I understand we live in a quiet neighborhood and I have to respect the peaceful order no less than anybody else living here.
          I can reassure you these kinds of situations will never happen again because from now on I will refrain from holding parties at home or anywhere else in the area. My friends and me already agreed to rent a small guesthouse in the countryside for all our future events.

Once again, my profuse apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
          George Jungle

Comment

• Насчитал около 170 слов, не маловато? Просто я уже все сказал
            Ммммм, то самое легендарное правило в секции writing IELTS - если вы всё сказали, то можно не писать требуемые 250 слов.

А вообще эссе странное. Нет вступления, нет параграфов, заключение откуда то с другой планеты. Больше 5 баллов требуется?
            30.01.2018 EOI submitted (75 pts)
            06.02.2018 Invite received
            17.02.2018 189 visa lodged
            30.05.2018 Direct grant

Comment

• Сообщение от od1n Посмотреть сообщение
              Ммммм, то самое легендарное правило в секции writing IELTS - если вы всё сказали, то можно не писать требуемые 250 слов.
              Who told you so?!
              http://www.gday.ru/forum/ielts/45491...ml#post2120898
              Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 09.01.2018, 12:09.

Comment

• Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение
                Didn't say that without 250 words an essay will be marked with 0. Anyway, the rule is 250, thus without it, as your link denotes, there will be a penalty.
                Also, I hardly believe that the author agreed to sacrifice these points with the reason he specified. This was the main point for my mordant comment, though I could express it more clearly.
                30.05.2018 Direct grant

Comment

Didn't say that without 250 words an essay will be marked with 0. Anyway, the rule is 250, thus without it, as your link denotes, there will be a penalty.
                  Also, I hardly believe that the author agreed to sacrifice these points with the reason he specified. This was the main point for my mordant comment, though I could express it more clearly.
                  The task states that you 'should write at least 250 words'. If you don't, you'll be penalised. That's it.

Your statement that 'о самое легендарное правило в секции writing IELTS - если вы всё сказали, то можно не писать требуемые 250 слов' is incorrect.

Comment

• Спасибо

Сообщение от od1n Посмотреть сообщение

А вообще эссе странное. Нет вступления, нет параграфов, заключение откуда то с другой планеты. Больше 5 баллов требуется?
                    А что такое параграфы? Это абзацы?
                    А с заключением что не так?

Comment

• А что такое параграфы? Это абзацы?
                      Это абзацы. У каждого абзаца есть своя основная мысль, которую он выражает. Там, я так понял, 3 абзаца. Укажите какая основная мысль каждого из них.

А что он заключает? Был дан вопрос, где в заключении ответ на поставленный вопрос?
                      30.05.2018 Direct grant

Comment

• Сообщение от Lyon'ka Посмотреть сообщение
                        Спасибо

А что такое параграфы? Это абзацы?
                        Встречный вопрос: а что такое academic essay?

Comment

А что он заключает? Был дан вопрос, где в заключении ответ на поставленный вопрос?
                          Понял.
                          Но абзацы-то есть? В первом адвантаджес, во втором дисадвантаджес.

Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение
                          Встречный вопрос: а что такое academic essay?
                          Я по схеме писал
                          Вот этой:
                          "Advantages/Disadvantages. Данное сочинение должно быть более нейтральным, т.е. конкретно Ваше мнение здесь обычно не спрашивают. Вас попросят проанализировать достоинства и недостатки чего-нибудь (например, проживания в большом городе). Во вступлении Вам опять следует также обозначить тему другими словами (Помните, что если Вы используете те же слова, что и в задании, Вам их засчитывать не будут). Второй абзац можно посвятить преимуществам, а третий — недостаткам. В заключении Вы должны сделать вывод — выразите свое мнение, но без strong language, то есть без сильной эмоциональной окраски (hate, cannot stand, и т.д.)"

Благодарю!
                          Ладно, с этим разберемся, я только вчера разбираться начал. А что насчет грамматики, лексики и прочего, кроме запоротого формата?

Comment

• Сообщение от Lyon'ka Посмотреть сообщение
                            Ладно, с этим разберемся, я только вчера разбираться начал. А что насчет грамматики, лексики и прочего, кроме запоротого формата?
                            Еще раз повторю вопрос
                            а что такое academic essay?
                            Вот когда вы разберетесь, то и напишите так, как того требует academic essay, и с точки зрения лексики, и с точки зрения пунктуации, и с точки зрения грамматики.

Судя по вашей первой попытки, у вас неплохая база. Но то что вы написали - не эссе.

У меня в дневнике есть много ссылок, объясняющих как писать эссе, какие требования к эссе. Есть ссылка и на файл с правилами пунктуации.

Есть официальные сайты хозяев экзамена с примерами эссе.

В этом подфоруме тоже полно материала по правилам написания эссе.

Анализируйте, читайте и изучайте. Или обращайтесь к преподавателям.

Comment

• Ну, база неплохая, и то хлеб. А то думал, растерял уже все за годы после универа.
                              Спасибо! Пойду ковырять формат

Comment

• Добрый вечер! Написал очередное письмо. Буду признателен за ошибки и примерную оценку Мне очень важно понять свой примерный уровень.

Recently, you attended a job interview and just got a letter offering you the job. However, you don't want to do this job. Write a letter to the company to:
                                - Explain the reason why you decline the offer
                                - Express you gratitude
                                - Explain you like your current job very much.

Dear Sir or Madam,
                                I am writing to you with regard to a job offer I recently received from a Human Resource department of “Microsoft Corporation”. I am sorry to say that I am not going to accept the proposal.
                                The reason I have to decline the position at your company is the promotion I have recently received at my current company “Google Inc.”. Not only have they proposed me a position of a team leader but also a significant increase in salary.
                                Needless to say I am immensely grateful for the recognition of my experience at such a well-known company. “Microsoft Corporation” is leading the business in information technology in the region of South-East Asia and I appreciate that you value me as a skilled professional.
                                Once again, I would like to highlight that I am perfectly content with my current job. Working at “Google Inc.” means developing cutting-edge complex solutions to tackle an infinite variety of problems and I believe any engineer would be happy to work on motivating and interesting tasks here.
                                I hope this will not cause you any difficulties. Please contact my secretary at 098-765-4321 should you have any other partnership suggestions.
                                Yours sincerely,
                                George Jungle

Comment

Working...
                                X